Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 11-18-2020, 08:45 PM
RandyBoBandy's Avatar
RandyBoBandy RandyBoBandy is online now
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YEG
Posts: 8,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
There was this one guy, down south....
__________________
ďLove your country, but never trust its government.Ē
~ Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 11-18-2020, 08:48 PM
RandyBoBandy's Avatar
RandyBoBandy RandyBoBandy is online now
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YEG
Posts: 8,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Go to places like Bashaw, forestburg, and such..... about 9 of 10 people in the stores around town are not wearing masks. I went to the Chinese restaurant for dinner today and even the staff had no mask. Lol
Go to the Princess Auto on 163st/107ave, I've seen at least 7-10 FOOLS not wearing masks (last weekend) despite the signs on the front doors. SHAME on Princess Auto
__________________
ďLove your country, but never trust its government.Ē
~ Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 11-18-2020, 09:09 PM
comaderek comaderek is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Does this surprise anyone? Smh, this is a virus without a vaccine....... wth were yaíll expecting would happen? Hereís another startling revelation, itís going to continue to get worse until there is a vaccine, no matter what restrictions are put in place with the exception of a full lockdown. So long as we go on with businesses and schools staying open, numbers are going to continue to rise. So do you want money and education or are you willing to sacrifice that to avoid covid? Itís as simple as that. If you chose money and education over possibly catching covid, thatís your choice and your priority, if you choose to forfeit money and education in favor of hopefully not getting covid, well thatís your choice.
Huh? Currently we are in level red in Manitoba but schools are still open and they are not having massive outbreaks and have a process in place that if you get covid you go home until u recover and study at home. You also have a choice that your child can stay home and do online learning. If cases get to bad most kids will do online learning I expect but I am heard the kids of say healthcare workers will still be allowed to go to school. Universities are all doing online learning and most high schools are half time in class and half time online. A lot of multiple cases at schools were not actually transmission in the schools but kids partying together outside school and play sports like hockey where locker rooms limited social distancing.
Businesses like the one I am working for have as many people as they can working from home and manufacturing staff working at plant with lots of social distancing practices in place. We are getting cases at work but we are flattening the curve work related so that the amount of cases are not so great that the plant has to shutdown. Our company is thriving using this process and it works .
If those that could work from home didnít if a person got covid odds are the whole department may get it and thus shutdown operations . But since we are at home if one member of the department gets it doesnít risk all members of the department.
Because it is a place of work u have to follow the rules they have in place if u decided to not you would get fired. Same at schools teachers are trying to ensure social distancing is happening and if students donít my guess they would not be allowed in school.
So the cases above show following rules does work if it is controlled but too many dip****s out there that donít give a rats ass about social distancing and other measures outside of public places.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 11-18-2020, 09:12 PM
Bergerboy's Avatar
Bergerboy Bergerboy is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: In your personal space.
Posts: 4,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Go to the Princess Auto on 163st/107ave, I've seen at least 7-10 FOOLS not wearing masks (last weekend) despite the signs on the front doors. SHAME on Princess Auto
Enforcement falls on the shoulders of Bylaw Officers. Not on the retailers.
__________________
When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspense.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 11-18-2020, 09:24 PM
Kurt505 Kurt505 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Communist state
Posts: 14,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaderek View Post
Huh? Currently we are in level red in Manitoba but schools are still open and they are not having massive outbreaks and have a process in place that if you get covid you go home until u recover and study at home. You also have a choice that your child can stay home and do online learning. If cases get to bad most kids will do online learning I expect but I am heard the kids of say healthcare workers will still be allowed to go to school. Universities are all doing online learning and most high schools are half time in class and half time online. A lot of multiple cases at schools were not actually transmission in the schools but kids partying together outside school and play sports like hockey where locker rooms limited social distancing.
Businesses like the one I am working for have as many people as they can working from home and manufacturing staff working at plant with lots of social distancing practices in place. We are getting cases at work but we are flattening the curve work related so that the amount of cases are not so great that the plant has to shutdown. Our company is thriving using this process and it works .
If those that could work from home didnít if a person got covid odds are the whole department may get it and thus shutdown operations . But since we are at home if one member of the department gets it doesnít risk all members of the department.
Because it is a place of work u have to follow the rules they have in place if u decided to not you would get fired. Same at schools teachers are trying to ensure social distancing is happening and if students donít my guess they would not be allowed in school.
So the cases above show following rules does work if it is controlled but too many dip****s out there that donít give a rats ass about social distancing and other measures outside of public places.
Youíre in code red, schools are still open and restrictions are working..... Then we should be good.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 11-18-2020, 09:49 PM
RandyBoBandy's Avatar
RandyBoBandy RandyBoBandy is online now
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YEG
Posts: 8,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Enforcement falls on the shoulders of Bylaw Officers. Not on the retailers.
Did not know that Who should I call to report?? TIA
__________________
ďLove your country, but never trust its government.Ē
~ Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 11-18-2020, 09:52 PM
Bergerboy's Avatar
Bergerboy Bergerboy is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: In your personal space.
Posts: 4,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Did not know that Who should I call to report?? TIA
Edmonton Bylaw I would suggest. 311?
__________________
When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspense.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 11-18-2020, 09:52 PM
Jigsalot's Avatar
Jigsalot Jigsalot is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Leduc County
Posts: 1,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Funny post, "facts".

These "facts" change on an almost daily basis it seems, yet I'm suppost to throw logic and common sense to the wind and follow their recommendations blindly? My favorite current recommendation is a family of six can't visit a family of two but that same family of two is more than welcome to visit the family of six! Yup, that's a recommendation that will surely save us, and if I say it's ridiculous, well, what's been said so far, I'm uneducated, don't know what I'm talking about, I'm not taking it seriously, etc. Viking hats on Tuesday!
Now thatís a funny post. Good luck with your trip to Viking. Lol
__________________
The secret of getting ahead is getting started.Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 11-18-2020, 09:53 PM
RandyBoBandy's Avatar
RandyBoBandy RandyBoBandy is online now
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YEG
Posts: 8,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Edmonton Bylaw I would suggest. 311?
Thanks I have that app
__________________
ďLove your country, but never trust its government.Ē
~ Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 11-18-2020, 10:59 PM
KinAlberta KinAlberta is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Does this surprise anyone? Smh, this is a virus without a vaccine....... wth were yaíll expecting would happen? Hereís another startling revelation, itís going to continue to get worse until there is a vaccine, no matter what restrictions are put in place with the exception of a full lockdown. So long as we go on with businesses and schools staying open, numbers are going to continue to rise. So do you want money and education or are you willing to sacrifice that to avoid covid? Itís as simple as that. If you chose money and education over possibly catching covid, thatís your choice and your priority, if you choose to forfeit money and education in favor of hopefully not getting covid, well thatís your choice.
The choices go beyond working to put food on the table* or keeping current with schooling. (Does adding say an extra year of school really matter?) The choices include unnecessary socializing which can potentially double or triple the rate of spread.

Thereís also the choice no one talks about. Thatís the choice to ignore the risk and to massively increase the health care burden, health care costs and thus the government debt - which all translates into MUCH HIGHER TAXES.


* few smart businesses or schools would do much to risk making the pandemic worse. Whereas socializers, partiers, protesters, campaigners, etc. are all in the selfish moment and donít seem to really give a care about others.

Last edited by KinAlberta; 11-18-2020 at 11:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 11-18-2020, 11:11 PM
KinAlberta KinAlberta is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Funny post, "facts".

These "facts" change on an almost daily basis it seems, yet I'm suppost to throw logic and common sense to the wind and follow their recommendations blindly? My favorite current recommendation is a family of six can't visit a family of two but that same family of two is more than welcome to visit the family of six! Yup, that's a recommendation that will surely save us, and if I say it's ridiculous, well, what's been said so far, I'm uneducated, don't know what I'm talking about, I'm not taking it seriously, etc. Viking hats on Tuesday!
Common sense is that families of six and two simply shouldnít be visiting each other. Socializing is unnecessary and is causing all kinds of problems.

If itís necessary then isolate somewhat before visiting. Or easier yet - get together outside at a short distance.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 11-19-2020, 07:08 AM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 20,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
How many on this forum are you referring to? I'd expect nothing less coming from you.
Please just look at Sns post...enough said....very sad and so easily could be any of the so called bullet proof individuals here....

What I was saying in my post was just that....minority complainers about everything and very self centred with no respect for others....until it is them or a loved one in ICU and they then still will blame but not except the fact that thier lifestyle during this pandemic was and is a major contributor to spreading the virus.....like I said they can't take care of themselves so the decision makers will put protocols in place to slow down the spread and not or minimally impact our healthcare system and economy.....now if anyone fits that bill please chime in and I will keep numbers and huger back to,you with a weekly updates....then you will know who and how many I am referring to....

Stay safe out there.
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 11-19-2020, 07:19 AM
Simplefarmer Simplefarmer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 213
Default

Well worth the read...

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...s-need-to-know
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 11-19-2020, 07:42 AM
Kurt505 Kurt505 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Communist state
Posts: 14,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplefarmer View Post



Huh, this is EXACTLY what Iíve been saying, to the point that itís almost like theyíve read my posts here to form their opinion. Iím interested to hear what our local AO health specialists have to say about the article and the real world numbers itís presenting.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 11-19-2020, 08:53 AM
CMichaud's Avatar
CMichaud CMichaud is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Beijing, Canada
Posts: 1,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplefarmer View Post
The Alberta government should be commended for making the comorbidity data available in a way thatís so readily accessible to public and media. Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia ó to give three examples ó do not make their comorbidity reports public.

There is also the chance that some provinces do not even compile this data, as one B.C. health ministry representative observed to me after I requested their comorbidity data.


Good testing = good data.

The worst thing a government can do is hide or obscure data as this leads to conspiracy theories and the like.

I have maintained that our province has been ahead of most with testing and providing data. Having said this, the presentation of same is a bit convoluted and I think they need to clean up their communication strategy.

I am more concerned with the new claim that "Due to technical issues, laboratory testing data is unavailable at this time."

The GOA site now does not tell us how many tests are being completed and it also has removed the historical data from what I can tell.

This needs to be fixed ASAP. I cannot believe our useless media has not been questioning this further.
__________________
#defundtheCBC
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:10 AM
Scott h Scott h is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: At the lake
Posts: 3,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
For all you guys who still think this is another version of the seasonal flu, and is only serious for old people, I got word this morning one of my former students is fighting for her life right now in an induced coma in a local ICU. Two days from feeling shtty to fighting for her life. Parents told the only way they can visit is if things worsen and their daughter is taken off the systems that are helping to keep her alive.
That's one of the paradoxes of dealing with something so infectious and dangerous. Loved ones can't be with them due to the risk involved, so very few people actually get to see what really happens . Hopefully she pulls through.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:14 AM
comaderek comaderek is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Huh, this is EXACTLY what Iíve been saying, to the point that itís almost like theyíve read my posts here to form their opinion. Iím interested to hear what our local AO health specialists have to say about the article and the real world numbers itís presenting.
Can u give us numbers of how many people in Canada have additional conditions ? I will give u one hypertension is around 6 million Canadians so what is your plan to protect that many people? Remember that is documented so how many people donít go to doctor and donít know they have one of the conditions ?
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:22 AM
Kurt505 Kurt505 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Communist state
Posts: 14,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaderek View Post
Can u give us numbers of how many people in Canada have additional conditions ? I will give u one hypertension is around 6 million Canadians so what is your plan to protect that many people? Remember that is documented so how many people donít go to doctor and donít know they have one of the conditions ?
Iíll look it up, while Iím doing that can you give me the number of unreported cases of covid, along with the number of people who are asymptomatic? This way we can keep everything in perspective


What stats do we believe? That if you contract covid 19 you have a 99% chance of having a mild case and a 1% chance of having a serious or critical case? Thatís the numbers on the GOC website, but are they taking into account the number of asymptomatic and non-reported cases? They certainly are taking into account all serious and critical cases.

What is the point youíre trying to get across?

Last edited by Kurt505; 11-19-2020 at 10:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:30 AM
Stinky Buffalo's Avatar
Stinky Buffalo Stinky Buffalo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A bit North o' Center...
Posts: 8,806
Default

Ever since this started, out household has severely limited visiting, we participate in church services via Zoom/Youtube (I go in if I'm serving - and EVERYONE is wearing masks, distancing and sanitizing their hands, in case anyone is wondering). We dutifully wear masks, sanitize our hands, etc.

Our household exposure is via our kids' schools, Incredigirl's workplace (I haven't needed to go in to the office for months), and shopping. We don't go out to eat (every now and then we do take-out, and I have bought less than ten coffees at Tim's/Starbucks since March).

So, re: shopping - something that makes me go "Hmm": I buy online as much as practical. For everything else, in general, we go when we can, which is outside regular work hours. My point is - and this is what I find interesting - is the amount of the elderly who are out shopping during those times. You'd think that they would be going when the majority of the population is at work, to limit their exposure.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:32 AM
KegRiver's Avatar
KegRiver KegRiver is offline
AO Sponsor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North of Peace River
Posts: 12,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplefarmer View Post
Well worth the read.

Quote:
Ten. Thatís the number of otherwise healthy people who have died from COVID-19 in Alberta since the beginning of the pandemic.
And we don't know how many of those ten were over 80 years old. It could be 2 it could be 8, we simply don't know.


We do know that people who may not have died of Covid are included in the statistics, we also know a astonishingly small number of otherwise healthy people have died from this virus, if indeed they actually died from the virus at all.

And many think I'm being unfair when I get sarcastic about the fear mongering.

Fact;
We don't know how many actually have been infected, because only those with symptoms and their contacts get tested for the most part.

Fact;
We don't know how many of those that tested positive will actually get sick, we only know they tested positive.

Fact;
If a person tests negative they may still have the virus according to officials, so we don't actually know how many that have been tested actually have the virus.

Fact;
We don't actually know how many have died from this virus, because, as per media, reports people who died with Covid but not necessarily from Covid are included in the statistics.

That's what my wife calls a whole lot of "who shot John".
In other words a whole lot of speculation.

At this point I'm less afraid of the virus then I am of the official narrative supporters.

If even half of the official narrative is true, we are all doomed anyway.
This virus, according to them, will mutate so fast no vaccine will ever be effective.
This virus, according to them, will eventually infect ever person on the planet.

And;

This virus, according to them will infect the same people again and again until it kills everyone.
They tell us they can't say for sure who died from this virus but they want us to believe everything else they say is 100% correct.

The dots don't connect. It's as simple as that.

To top it off, the majority of our information is coming from people who lied their faces off to get elected, or it's coming from their supporters in the media. Who also have a history of lying, withholding information and twisting words to make them say something they do not say.

No doubt about it, I am cynical. A life time of hearing officials lie will do that to a person.

But I should add, when I was in my thirties or before I would have whole heartedly believed every word the officials told us.

One last thing, although I don't believe the official narrative I do follow the basic health guidelines in case someone want to accuse me of doing otherwise.

To me they make sense, even for the common flu.
__________________
Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.

George Bernard Shaw
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:39 AM
Scott h Scott h is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: At the lake
Posts: 3,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Iíll look it up, while Iím doing that can you give me the number of unreported cases of covid, along with the number of people who are asymptomatic? This way we can keep everything in perspective

https://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/chann...ulation-323356
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:39 AM
Big Grey Wolf Big Grey Wolf is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,879
Default

I thought Henshaw and Kenny were doing a good job with Corona. Now the numbers show we are the Second worst province in Canada after Manitoba. Hell we are even worse than Quebec which did a terrible job. Well done Kenny!.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:42 AM
horsepower horsepower is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Outside High River
Posts: 300
Default

Here you go Keg

https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-1...statistics.htm
__________________
ďYou cannot solve current problems with current thinking. Current problems are the result of current thinking.Ē Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:53 AM
KegRiver's Avatar
KegRiver KegRiver is offline
AO Sponsor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North of Peace River
Posts: 12,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaderek View Post
Can u give us numbers of how many people in Canada have additional conditions ? I will give u one hypertension is around 6 million Canadians so what is your plan to protect that many people? Remember that is documented so how many people donít go to doctor and donít know they have one of the conditions ?
Good point, but it's actually worse then that.

I've seen doctors many times over the past few years, lots of tests were done,
But I had no idea I had diabetes until it got so bad I was almost blind and I had no idea I had blocked arteries in my heart until I had a heart attack.

Even annual physicals did not catch either of those conditions.

What I learned was that unless the correct test is ordered, and they usually are only ordered when there are symptoms to suggest they are needed, very few conditions get tested for. Even in an autopsy.

There simply isn't enough time, staff, or money to test for everything.

Even saying someone who died of Covid had no underlying conditions is dishonest. The honest statement would say they had no known underlying condition.

Years ago I go so sick they airlifted me first to Grande Prairie then to Edmonton when Grande Prairie couldn't find the cause of my condition.

It took hundreds of tests and weeks in hospital for them to figure out what was wrong. In the end it was a little known virus that was causing my problems.

How many have unidentified conditions no one knows about will never be known, until that person gets so sick that a cause has to be found to save their lives.

I'd be willing to bet that very few deaths attributed to Covid get the kind of scrutiny necessary to discover all possible causes.
__________________
Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.

George Bernard Shaw
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:57 AM
comaderek comaderek is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Iíll look it up, while Iím doing that can you give me the number of unreported cases of covid, along with the number of people who are asymptomatic? This way we can keep everything in perspective


What stats do we believe? That if you contract covid 19 you have a 99% chance of having a mild case and a 1% chance of having a serious or critical case? Thatís the numbers on the GOC website, but are they taking into account the number of asymptomatic and non-reported cases? They certainly are taking into account all serious and critical cases.

What is the point youíre trying to get across?
The point I have been trying to get across in all my posts to this thread is that where I live in Manitoba that we have the most per capita cases of all of the provinces and that our health care system is currently overwhelmed.
So we are locked down to try to flatten the curve so the infection rate is manageable and people will be able to get care they need.
Do those numbers in the article reflect if people canít get the care they need then how many will die?
All along we know there will be cases and the graphs always plotted cases requiring hospitalization to amount of space we for those people.
They also stated testing capacity and contract tracing will go a long way to flattening the curve as well.
The Manitoba government fell down on all counts . Didnít expand number of ICU beds , testing capacity , contact tracing resources , etc.
So when are second wave hit it just skyrocketed because of all the measures where not ready for the fall spike and number of beds were not expanded to handle even slightly higher number of cases .
Our government spent money instead advertising that other provinces should come vacation in Manitoba when our case counts were low instead of spending that money for more ICU beds . Flipping idiot premier !!

Did u forget that why we were trying to limit the spread and flatten the curve? Maybe you have since u donít care %1 of population will die . Hope none of your family or friends are not part of that %1. But if Manitoba keeps cases above capacity of health care that will be %2, 3, 4 and also even it they get more beds we have no one to look after the patients as the amount of health care workers with covid is increasing daily and there is a shortage.

I have laid out Manitobaís problem right now . What is your solution right now besides a lockdown? Remember u need to flatten the curve.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 11-19-2020, 11:00 AM
markg markg is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Calgary Area
Posts: 2,187
Default East Germany

I dont like the fact that my fellow Albertans are turning into east German Stasi! The very idea that fellow Albertans would rat out there fellow citizens for the hideous crime of daring to not wear a mask is repugnant to me.

My wife has worked in a Health for 27 years and finds all the measures we are taking to be laughable.

Masks dont work if you touch them after you put them on. Everyone and I mean everyone is always adjusting there masks.

Once you touch a surface that others come in contact with your are now "contaminated" Do people wash or sanitize there hands the moment after they touch anything? Nope.

People think they stay safe and order in food or buy stuff from Amazon. I got news for you you are contaminated. The moment you touch anything that any other person along the chain of that package or food item coming to you is now on your hands.

Life is dangerous but you cant stop living. If your that worried about dieing I would recommend getting right with your Creator
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 11-19-2020, 11:04 AM
Kurt505 Kurt505 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Communist state
Posts: 14,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post


I see your link and raise you my link

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globaln...al-number/amp/
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 11-19-2020, 11:05 AM
Bergerboy's Avatar
Bergerboy Bergerboy is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: In your personal space.
Posts: 4,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
I thought Henshaw and Kenny were doing a good job with Corona. Now the numbers show we are the Second worst province in Canada after Manitoba. Hell we are even worse than Quebec which did a terrible job. Well done Kenny!.
Are all provinces equal with population density etc? No. So you cant compare them.

I used to work with these 2 morbidly obese guys who loved hockey. Neither of these guys had an athletic bone in their bodies but would critique the strategy and plays of NHL grade athletes. I view the pundits that criticize Kenny in the same way. He has far more information and analytical resources at his fingertips and is making the best responses to the situation.
__________________
When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspense.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 11-19-2020, 11:05 AM
markg markg is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Calgary Area
Posts: 2,187
Default Something Positive

On a Positive note, one change I see happening is that people who are sick are less likely to go out of there homes. Thats a good thing! You dont see people with a a cough or sniffle at work anymore. I think that is a good lesson we can learn from this Pandemic.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 11-19-2020, 11:08 AM
markg markg is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Calgary Area
Posts: 2,187
Default Its a Disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Are all provinces equal with population density etc? No. So you cant compare them.

I used to work with these 2 morbidly obese guys who loved hockey. Neither of these guys had an athletic bone in their bodies but would critique the strategy and plays of NHL grade athletes. I view the pundits that criticize Kenny in the same way. He has far more information and analytical resources at his fingertips and is making the best responses to the situation.
I agree. Its a disease. It has nothing to do with Politics. A persons health is ultimately there own responsibility.

This idea that mother government can solve all our problems is getting out of hand.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.