Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
And if you look at any country that didnít control it extremely and reached pandemic levels Covid continues to increase regardless of precautions

I fully understand what the hope and theory is but experts are not getting the results they hoped for
Ya cool, "other countries"

Doctors in ALBERTA are saying we are at a tipping point in hospital space and care.

What about our own back yard?
Old 11-17-2020, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Doesn't really matter how much I do or don't know, it was a factual statement. That's one of the problems here, someone can post something factual, doesn't line up with someone's narrative, and the heavy implication is "I don't know anything". It was a factual statement.
Please point out the Ďfactualí statement.
I quote you: Ď So the virus didn't necessary kill them, or even contribute, they simply died after contracting the virusí.
No where in the link provided does it say this.
So unless you were somehow involved in determining the cause of these deaths it is not fact.
Just because an idea enters your head doesnít make it Ďfactí!
Old 11-17-2020, 08:24 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Absolutely and utterly false.... You need to do some research on viruses including the ones you listed.
You need to do some research on sarcasm.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-17-2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterngather View Post

Doctors in ALBERTA are saying we are at a tipping point in hospital space and care.

Simple, keep it out of the care homes. That's where the majority of the deaths are coming from. With outbreaks in over 60 continuing care and long term care facilities in the province, it's no wonder that we have old/compromised people dying, in ICU or in hospital.

Oh and ensure that healthcare workers do their utmost to protect themselves both on shift, and off. This will likely go a long ways in regards to being short staffed.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
I quote you: Ď So the virus didn't necessary kill them, or even contribute, they simply died after contracting the virusí.
So unless you were somehow involved in determining the cause of these deaths it is not fact.
My statement is a logical fact in response to the article quoted. It's not an idea. I suspect you're just trolling me, but if I need to break it down, gonna wait till I have access to a keyboard...
Old 11-17-2020, 08:32 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
How about this;

Quote:
ďThe mortality data sent to the Ministry and reported in (Ottawa Public Health) dashboard/reports represents the number of Ottawa residents with confirmed COVID-19 who have passed away,Ē an Ottawa Public Health spokesperson explained via email. ďIt does not indicate if COVID-19 was the cause of death, and we canít make that inference
Does this qualify as fact in your estimation?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-17-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterngather View Post

Ok to make it crystal clear in Alberta and Canada we will overwhelm no matter what restrictions are in place. There has been many examples of this happening across the world even under major lockdowns

It sucks but itís going to happen. Anyone he didnít see it coming is blind. What about our own backyard? Ride it out and hope people donít let their fear destroy the country thinking they have more control of the situation then they actually do

Things wonít change without a vaccine or Covid runs itís course. When it comes to the spread we have way less control then we are lead to believe.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
How about this;

Does this qualify as fact in your estimation?
ďIt does not indicate if COVID-19 was the cause of death, and we canít make that inference.Ē
All it says cause of death was not indicated, so they canít infer Covid was the cause.
That in no way is the same as saying Covid definitely wasnít the cause of death, which youíve tried to infer in previous posts.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:13 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Like anything else if left to the general public it turns into a poop show....most can't even run thier households efficiently/effectively let alone hold down a steady job when times are good.....oh well...winter will sock in.....lakes will freeze over.....ice fishing is right around the corner

Imagime those astronauts that just left earth returning sometime in spring to nothing left human wise on earth....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-18-2020, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok to make it crystal clear in Alberta and Canada we will overwhelm no matter what restrictions are in place. There has been many examples of this happening across the world even under major lockdowns

It sucks but itís going to happen. Anyone he didnít see it coming is blind. What about our own backyard? Ride it out and hope people donít let their fear destroy the country thinking they have more control of the situation then they actually do

Things wonít change without a vaccine or Covid runs itís course. When it comes to the spread we have way less control then we are lead to believe.
I plan to listen to scientists and health care professionals and not u. They say if we all try to limit the spread we can flatten the curve as they know cases increase in fall and winter . They are saying flu cases are way down probably from what people are doing. So it shows that things can be done. I understand because Manitoba didnít really have a first wave we got complacent and now we are suffering for that .
As for someone replying simple just control care homes. Do u think they havenít been trying to do that? But as the outside cases rise the people that work or visit these places bring it in. Or do you expect that if u work in these places you live away from your family as well?
As I have said before if I need financial advice I wonít go see a plumber. Just like covid advice I listen to professionals not nay sayers on AO with a few are from the US which is the last place to get covid advice from.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaderek View Post
I plan to listen to scientists and health care professionals and not u. They say if we all try to limit the spread we can flatten the curve as they know cases increase in fall and winter . They are saying flu cases are way down probably from what people are doing. So it shows that things can be done. I understand because Manitoba didnít really have a first wave we got complacent and now we are suffering for that .
As for someone replying simple just control care homes. Do u think they havenít been trying to do that? But as the outside cases rise the people that work or visit these places bring it in. Or do you expect that if u work in these places you live away from your family as well?
As I have said before if I need financial advice I wonít go see a plumber. Just like covid advice I listen to professionals not nay sayers on AO with a few are from the US which is the last place to get covid advice from.
I am well aware of what is going on between the 11 healthcare workers in my family including my wife and over double that as friends I have heard what they experience first hand.

Best of luck I donít care if you listen to what I say or not just watch what has already gone on with this virus and watch the trend we are on in Canada

Close your eyes to it if you wish but cases will increase and without a doubt Canada will overwhelm its healthcare system

Would like to be wrong but itís not looking that way
Old 11-18-2020, 01:56 PM

People still treat this virus as a joke.

A great read here:

Larry Brilliant Says Weíll Beat Covid ó After We Go Through Hell
| WIRED

https://www.wired.com/story/larry-br...-through-hell/

Quote:
So you are saying we should not be gathering to see our loved ones this season.

My recommendation is to ...

The sad thing is that thereís a couple hundred thousand people who are alive now who are going to die from this before Thanksgiving 2021.

That is the saddest thing, but itís not the only sad thing because millions of people who have it will have a shorter life expectancy in the long run, comorbidities, other diseases, other knock-on consequences of this long haul effect. Iím hard-pressed to find a disease that has done more damage than this one. ...Ē

https://www.wired.com/story/larry-br...-through-hell/

Last edited by KinAlberta; 11-18-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am well aware of what is going on between the 11 healthcare workers in my family including my wife and over double that as friends I have heard what they experience first hand.

Best of luck I donít care if you listen to what I say or not just watch what has already gone on with this virus and watch the trend we are on in Canada

Close your eyes to it if you wish but cases will increase and without a doubt Canada will overwhelm its healthcare system

Would like to be wrong but itís not looking that way
You live in a province that is heading in a direction where Manitoba is at already. Let me know in a month or so how those 11 feel then when cases in Alberta get high if nothing is done now to control the spread there.
I too have members of my family that work in health care as well as my wife and she comes home spent each day as she is working in the covid areas. So certain areas right now like emergency departments see less traffic as people are not showing up with very minor things like colds. If u get a cold you are sent to get tested for covid and wait for your results and when it comes back negative I donít think they then go to emergency to like maybe in past they would for a bad cold . They wipe the sweat of their brow and stay home and not think of going to an emergency room that probably most people there are getting checked in as the have a severe case of covid.
What is happening now is those departments that have seen less people are now being deployed to covid hot zones in hospitals and I assume get to see why people are worried. They are walking a mile in covid ward nurses and doctors shoes.
As I said let me know what you think in a month. If your wife becomes overwhelmed at work I would like u to tell her what you just told me. Tell her oh well we just need to let it run itís course and suck it up butter cup.
I know if I said that to my wife I would be punched in the mouth.
Letís just say I am living in the province with worst cases per capita and also in a province did nothing to prepare better for this influx of cases everyone knew was coming. What they are doing now is little to late and are reactive not proactive .
What our dumb dumb premier is now worried about fining people that donít comply with orders . He canít talk about what he has not done in the past for health care as it has been next to nothing so he yaks about stupid compliance police he is deploying. He probably sees this as a way to make money now . That is how stupid he is and his thought process .

Here is hoping Alberta starts to react now before it is too late so your wife doesnít come home spent like mine.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:53 PM

Go to places like Bashaw, forestburg, and such..... about 9 of 10 people in the stores around town are not wearing masks. I went to the Chinese restaurant for dinner today and even the staff had no mask. Lol
Old 11-18-2020, 03:10 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
You live in a province that is heading in a direction where Manitoba is at already. Let me know in a month or so how those 11 feel then when cases in Alberta get high if nothing is done now to control the spread there.
I too have members of my family that work in health care as well as my wife and she comes home spent each day as she is working in the covid areas. So certain areas right now like emergency departments see less traffic as people are not showing up with very minor things like colds. If u get a cold you are sent to get tested for covid and wait for your results and when it comes back negative I donít think they then go to emergency to like maybe in past they would for a bad cold . They wipe the sweat of their brow and stay home and not think of going to an emergency room that probably most people there are getting checked in as the have a severe case of covid.
What is happening now is those departments that have seen less people are now being deployed to covid hot zones in hospitals and I assume get to see why people are worried. They are walking a mile in covid ward nurses and doctors shoes.
As I said let me know what you think in a month. If your wife becomes overwhelmed at work I would like u to tell her what you just told me. Tell her oh well we just need to let it run itís course and suck it up butter cup.
Letís just say I am living in the province with worst cases per capita and also in a province did nothing to prepare better for this influx of cases everyone knew was coming. What they are doing now is little to late and are reactive not proactive .
What our dumb dumb premier is now worried about fining people that donít comply with orders . He canít talk about what he has not done in the past for health care as it has been next to nothing so he yaks about stupid compliance police he is deploying. He probably sees this as a way to make money now . That is how stupid he is and his thought process .

Here is hoping Alberta starts to react now before it is too late so your wife doesnít come home spent like mine.
Tell your wife thank you....very much appreciated for what she and the medical/health care are doing for us.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-18-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Go to places like Bashaw, forestburg, and such..... about 9 of 10 people in the stores around town are not wearing masks. I went to the Chinese restaurant for dinner today and even the staff had no mask. Lol
Did you get chicken balls?
Old 11-18-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Did you get chicken balls?
BBQ pork chow mein
Old 11-18-2020, 04:18 PM

For all you guys who still think this is another version of the seasonal flu, and is only serious for old people, I got word this morning one of my former students is fighting for her life right now in an induced coma in a local ICU. Two days from feeling shtty to fighting for her life. Parents told the only way they can visit is if things worsen and their daughter is taken off the systems that are helping to keep her alive.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
For all you guys who still think this is another version of the seasonal flu, and is only serious for old people, I got word this morning one of my former students is fighting for her life right now in an induced coma in a local ICU. Two days from feeling shtty to fighting for her life. Parents told the only way they can visit is if things worsen and their daughter is taken off the systems that are helping to keep her alive.
Man thatís some sad news. So sorry. Yes it just blows me away the amount of people that come on these covid threads and argue the facts that come from doctors and scientists. You have probably ten or so threads and itís the same crap over and over and usually the same know it allís that argue the facts . Wear a mask and social distance. This plague is for real.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:06 PM

Maybe they didnít see the news (see below).

Anyway imagine this event times thousands of other similarly lax gatherings taking place at that moment.

Quote:
An Ohio wedding left dozens with the coronavirus, including the bride and groom: 'It starts to take a toll on you' | National Post

Only the couplesí three grandparents wore masks at all times, except when they were they were eating or drinking, Mikayla Bishop said, and none of them stepped onto the dance floor, where none of the partyers masked up or kept their distance.

Yet all three grandparents later tested positive for the virus, WLWT reported, and two spent time in the emergency room with severe symptoms.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...-a-toll-on-you
Old 11-18-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:

The right method needs to be employed to reduce the impacts. Too many people were either too busy cutting costs to worry about this or were fighting the last battle. Then thereís the hundreds of thousands of people that treated it like it was nothing to worry about. Nonetheless thereís been a number of viruses that have entered Canada and were brought under control. From the start we essentially chose to lose this war so now we wait.

Quote:

Do quarantines work? Lessons from SARS challenge Canadaís coronavirus response

By Kate AllenScience and Technology Reporter
Wed., Feb. 5, 2020

At the height of the SARS pandemic of 2003, Toronto fell back on one of the worldís oldest public health tools: quarantines.

City officials identified over 23,000 people who had contact with known or potential Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome patients, asking nurses, paramedics, high school students, and thousands more to confine themselves to restrict the spread of illness ó whether they had symptoms or not.

Today, as Toronto reacts to the outbreak of a novel coronavirus similar to SARS, no one is quarantined. Two confirmed GTA cases are in voluntary ďself-isolationĒ at home, rather than in hospital.

Lessons learned from the SARS crisis have profoundly shaped response to the coronavirus outbreak ó including the lesson that rigid and unnecessary restrictions can have serious social, economic and health costs.

Yet the Canadian government is planning to enforce a two-week quarantine at a Canadian Forces Base in Trenton for the 211 apparently healthy people being evacuated Friday from the epicentre of the outbreak in Wuhan, China. Quarantine me

During SARS, public health officials were operating under a severe information deficit. Over 40 people were infected before the city was aware the virus existed, McGeer notes. Torontoís first two patients, including a healthy young man, died.

ďNobody was taking any chances,Ē
McGeer says of SARS, which sickened more than 8,000 people globally and killed almost 800, including 44 in Canada.
...Ē

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/202...-response.html

Vivek Goel - article above and article below.

'We have to learn to live with' COVID rather than react to numbers: Top public health expert | Winnipeg Sun

https://winnipegsun.com/uncategorize...-health-expert

Last edited by KinAlberta; 11-18-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Like anything else if left to the general public it turns into a poop show....most can't even run thier households efficiently/effectively let alone hold down a steady job when times are good....:
How many on this forum are you referring to? I'd expect nothing less coming from you.

You lefties always believe you're right..
Old 11-18-2020, 05:59 PM

Instead of fighting and arguing with eachother, we should be fighting with China for concealing this virus and allowing this virus to spread worldwide.
Old 11-18-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
Instead of fighting and arguing with eachother, we should be fighting with China for concealing this virus and allowing this virus to spread worldwide.
Is there a leader brave enough to call them out?
Old 11-18-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Let's finally admit it, it's out of control and the best we can do is ride it out.

Grizz
This is the most accurate post of the year
Old 11-18-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
Yes it just blows me away the amount of people that come on these covid threads and argue the facts that come from doctors and scientists..
Funny post, "facts".

These "facts" change on an almost daily basis it seems, yet I'm suppost to throw logic and common sense to the wind and follow their recommendations blindly? My favorite current recommendation is a family of six can't visit a family of two but that same family of two is more than welcome to visit the family of six! Yup, that's a recommendation that will surely save us, and if I say it's ridiculous, well, what's been said so far, I'm uneducated, don't know what I'm talking about, I'm not taking it seriously, etc. Viking hats on Tuesday!
Old 11-18-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Is there a leader brave enough to call them out?
There was this one guy, down south....
Old 11-18-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:

Non of that has anything to do with my statement that ďnumbers will continue to increase regardless of restrictions? But ok

Either you are completely missing the point or assuming more than stated
Old 11-18-2020, 07:09 PM

Got tough on covid:

Quote:
I Am Living in a Covid-Free World Just a Few Hundred Miles From Manhattan
Welcome to Nova Scotia, the land that proves that beating back the virus is possible.

ď Our coronavirus lockdown began swiftly in March and was all-encompassing. The provincial borders were slammed shut. In Nova Scotia, even public hiking trails were closed, a big deal for a population used to the freedom to head into the wilderness at will. But the lockdown worked, and we released our collectively held breath as new case numbers dropped to the single digits. Restrictions eased in May and lifted in June; in early July, the Atlantic provinces ďbubbledĒ together, allowing free travel among them ó but maintaining a strict quarantine rule for anyone who came from outside. ...Ē

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/o...ia-canada.html
Old 11-18-2020, 07:21 PM
Banned

Default Record number of covid cases

Does this surprise anyone? Smh, this is a virus without a vaccine....... wth were yaíll expecting would happen? Hereís another startling revelation, itís going to continue to get worse until there is a vaccine, no matter what restrictions are put in place with the exception of a full lockdown. So long as we go on with businesses and schools staying open, numbers are going to continue to rise. So do you want money and education or are you willing to sacrifice that to avoid covid? Itís as simple as that. If you chose money and education over possibly catching covid, thatís your choice and your priority, if you choose to forfeit money and education in favor of hopefully not getting covid, well thatís your choice.