Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2020, 06:37 AM

It is not just about the "death rate" so far.
The virus has hardly had a start on the population. It can and will get a lot worse, without preventative measures.
It is about the saturation of the hospital system, denying care for a whole lot of other life threatening issues.
The care that you get, will be impacted by the preventative measures, made necessary to keep health care workers from getting infected.
Those health care workers are putting their lives on the line, and increasing the risk to their own families.
It is about the lingering health impairment for many of the survivors of this nasty disease. The cost to society, of these persistent symptoms will be enormous. People can't work, participate in society, and pay taxes with impaired heart and lungs.
The people that Covid-19 has killed, and will kill, are not some disposable number in our society.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:32 AM

I trust the government to do the right things. Pay particular attention to what Justin is saying here.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...ns-great-reset
Old 11-17-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I trust the government to do the right things. Pay particular attention to what Justin is saying here.

That is truly scary!
Old 11-17-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
I trust the government to do the right things.
So many on here fawning over the government, they know what's best for everybody. Alot of good points in that article.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Gotta give you this...no matter how little you actually know about the subject you don't give up
Doesn't really matter how much I do or don't know, it was a factual statement. That's one of the problems here, someone can post something factual, doesn't line up with someone's narrative, and the heavy implication is "I don't know anything". It was a factual statement.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:06 AM

Does anyone have some spare conspiracy theories I can borrow?
Mine are all coming true....
Old 11-17-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Does anyone have some spare conspiracy theories I can borrow?
Mine are all coming true....
Ok see if this one fits your needs

Covid restrictions are not stopping the spread because it is actually spread by inter species sex between aliens that come to earth to rape humans. The government doesnít want the public to panic and frankly enjoy the nightly encounters so they are keeping it hush hush.

Ask the dude with the crazy hair from the show ancient aliens he will back the theory
Old 11-17-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:

If it wasn't coming out of the turds mouth it would be unbelievable. We're all being set up for a communist take over!

BW
Old 11-17-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
If it wasn't coming out of the turds mouth it would be unbelievable. We're all being set up for a communist take over!

BW
Exactly, covid should not be our biggest fear right now. Covid will eventually pass, and we can recover from it in time, but can we recover from Trudeau?
Old 11-17-2020, 08:27 AM

Why is it that there are no recovery stats being provided and now that there is talk of privatizing parts of AHS that all of a sudden the cases skyrocket again just like in spring?
Old 11-17-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehunter View Post
Why is it that there are no recovery stats being provided and now that there is talk of privatizing parts of AHS that all of a sudden the cases skyrocket again just like in spring?
These stats don't make good news lines. Why talk about all of the good, when there is so much more bad things to talk about. Journalism 101.

BW
Old 11-17-2020, 11:43 AM

The green line shows recoveries:

Old 11-17-2020, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:

Hmmm credible source Fox News yeah right!! Republication Trump News for sure wonít spin things out of control. Give me a break !!
Old 11-17-2020, 12:54 PM
Banned

This is about 1000 cases in Alberta . I am in Manitoba and it is out of control here. They are talking about setting up arenas as hospitals and move non covid patients there since our health care is being overwhelmed . Our health care workers are run down and probably emotionally drained but still working.
The nay sayers on AO should go tell them we need to just let it run it’s course. My guess you would get punched in the mouth by a nice nurse when she hears what u have to say.
Go walk a mile in their shoes then report back to all of us.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaderek View Post
This is about 1000 cases in Alberta . I am in Manitoba and it is out of control here. They are talking about setting up arenas as hospitals and move non covid patients there since our health care is being overwhelmed . Our health care workers are run down and probably emotionally drained but still working.
The nay sayers on AO should go tell them we need to just let it run itís course. My guess you would get punched in the mouth by a nice nurse when she hears what u have to say.
Go walk a mile in their shoes then report back to all of us.
Lots of friends and family in healthcare in multiple provinces/countries and not one would react that way. Most are not even close to reacting like some of the AO members

The condenses I am getting from most is the govt has little control over the spread using restrictions and most of the restrictions are more for making the public feel like something is being done. Most state Covid is here till we have a vaccine or it runs itís course

The BS spread through the different forms of media putting opinion on what healthcare workers experience/think is blown out of proportion. But this is just what I hear from those who I know who work in the field including my wife

The funny thing is every single one of them knew that Covid would blow up this fall/winter and professionals even stated it back in spring. Why people are in shock that itís now happening is beyond me
Old 11-17-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
The green line shows recoveries:

If you could make a similar graph for any seasonal flu, it would likely look almost identical. Maybe not for total numbers,simply because seasonal flu cases are not all reported or tested for.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
These stats don't make good news lines. Why talk about all of the good, when there is so much more bad things to talk about. Journalism 101.

BW
Truly amazing how they can make 264 hospitalizations out of a population of 4.4 million sound so scary. Hook.....line.....and sinker

You lefties always believe you're right..
Old 11-17-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Truly amazing how they can make 264 hospitalizations out of a population of 4.4 million sound so scary. Hook.....line.....and sinker
Out of some 88 hospitals, an average of 3 people per hospital.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:

The new gun bans arenít about preventing crime
Old 11-17-2020, 02:40 PM
Banned

Alberta is trailing Manitoba in per capita cases but u are catching up so maybe u need to read out headlines and numbers to see where u are heading . We can thanks our PC premier for all the cases and lack of proactive planning he didn’t do.
I don’t feel like going to hospital setup in an arena would u? This is around corner for Manitoba . You guys can down play all u want but when people get sick they need beds and covid is taking up a lot of beds . Starting to feel like NY during the first wave in Manitoba for our second wave. Worst part we had time to prepare but we didn’t since our premier was worried about balancing the budget during a pandemic . Plus we are supposed to have a 100 million dollar rainy day fund. Well it is raining maybe we should spend some. We all know rainy day funds are bs as money isn’t really there .
Old 11-17-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Alberta is trailing Manitoba in per capita cases but u are catching up so maybe u need to read out headlines and numbers to see where u are heading . We can thanks our PC premier for all the cases and lack of proactive planning he didnít do.
I donít feel like going to hospital setup in an arena would u? This is around corner for Manitoba . You guys can down play all u want but when people get sick they need beds and covid is taking up a lot of beds . Starting to feel like NY during the first wave in Manitoba for our second wave. Worst part we had time to prepare but we didnít since our premier was worried about balancing the budget during a pandemic . Plus we are supposed to have a 100 million dollar rainy day fund. Well it is raining maybe we should spend some. We all know rainy day funds are bs as money isnít really there .
Yeah well we're supposed to have a 15 billion dollar rainy day fund, and no one is talking about it. Maybe the politicians know something that we don't?

BW
Old 11-17-2020, 03:11 PM

Oh well, at least Manitoba is hiring enforcers to cope with the situation.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ster-1.5804774
Old 11-17-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Out of some 88 hospitals, an average of 3 people per hospital.
I posted the following in another thread.

How many of the hospital/ICU beds would have been/are occupied in Alberta due to the many outbreaks in continuing care facilities? People under 40 may be responsible for most of the spread, but those responsible for the care homes are responsible for most of the hospitalizations and deaths. Not just in Alberta, but Canada wide. Itís a shame really, with strict protocols in place and followed, the number of deaths would be fairly negligible. The federal/provincial governments do not care about the old and infirm, not enough money coming in vs the amount being spent on healthcare and care in general. No wonder most people would prefer to take their chances and die at home. All the public lockdowns imaginable would have had zero effect on the number that have perished thus far in Canada.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
Isn't that the point of a vaccine? Mass immunity? Why sit around and wait for a vaccine when this could just let it run its course.

Yes.. there are lots of people concerned about that. Considering how small scale the "tests" are at this point and "unexplained illnesses", deaths, etc are the result of taking the vaccine. Now obviously that's why these tests occur, but do you honestly think they know (or care) about the long term effects are? Most of these vaccines are 2 parts that require a second shot 6 months later. Well, we are just over 6 months into this, how have they determined this already? What are the long term effects of it?

Long term effects of covid? So far none. Within 3-6months no long term effects are prevalent, and most are completely recovered.
None? Tell that to my son's MIL who is still suffering from the effects of COVID 9 months later. This virus is new and with that, new information comes out the more it's studied but it's a little early to claim that there will not be long-lasting effects for some people.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
If you could make a similar graph for any seasonal flu, it would likely look almost identical. Maybe not for total numbers,simply because seasonal flu cases are not all reported or tested for.
Don't think it would, Flu cases around the world are way down from this time last year due to some of the restrictions and requirement to wear masks

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/flu-s...alth-1.5804673
Old 11-17-2020, 06:44 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
None? Tell that to my son's MIL who is still suffering from the effects of COVID 9 months later. This virus is new and with that, new information comes out the more it's studied but it's a little early to claim that there will not be long-lasting effects for some people.
Right.

And that is why I figure I had covid-19 ten years ago. No other disease has long lasting effects like Covid has. Not TB, Polio, or Ebola.

That;s why anyone who tests positive for Covid, and then dies, is listed as a Covid death even if they weren't sick when they passed.

Quote:
Ontario death count includes people who didn't die of COVID-19, but exactly how many is unknown
https://torontosun.com/news/provinci...any-is-unknown

Funny how that works. We see supposedly accurate death tallies every day but are they really accurate?

Not according to Ontario Health or Scientific American.

This is what Scientific American had to say;

Quote:
The reality is that assigning a cause of death is not always straightforward, even pre-pandemic, and a patchwork of local rules and regulations makes getting valid national data challenging.

So even though it may be difficult to assign a cause of death in some cases, we still seem to be able to assign a cause of long term effects accurately.
And even to publish accurate death tallies.

It's a remarkable world we live in.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-17-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
And that is why I figure I had covid-19 ten years ago. No other disease has long lasting effects like Covid has. Not TB, Polio, or Ebola
Absolutely and utterly false.... You need to do some research on viruses including the ones you listed.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Alberta is trailing Manitoba in per capita cases but u are catching up so maybe u need to read out headlines and numbers to see where u are heading . We can thanks our PC premier for all the cases and lack of proactive planning he didnít do.
I donít feel like going to hospital setup in an arena would u? This is around corner for Manitoba . You guys can down play all u want but when people get sick they need beds and covid is taking up a lot of beds . Starting to feel like NY during the first wave in Manitoba for our second wave. Worst part we had time to prepare but we didnít since our premier was worried about balancing the budget during a pandemic . Plus we are supposed to have a 100 million dollar rainy day fund. Well it is raining maybe we should spend some. We all know rainy day funds are bs as money isnít really there .
As said earlier every healthcare worker I know plus numerous professionals predicted an increase in cases for fall/winter back when Covid hit last winter

This is not down playing anything but instead understanding that regardless of restrictions we were going to see a jump in cases during our normal flue season. It is being realistic about the nature of the virus. There are many who choose not to freak out over what cannot be controlled

But if it makes you feel better to point your finger at government for not protecting you from something they have basically no control over giver.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
As said earlier every healthcare worker I know plus numerous professionals predicted an increase in cases for fall/winter back when Covid hit last winter

This is not down playing anything but instead understanding that regardless of restrictions we were going to see a jump in cases during our normal flue season. It is being realistic about the nature of the virus. There are many who choose not to freak out over what cannot be controlled

But if it makes you feel better to point your finger at government for not protecting you from something they have basically no control over giver.
Yeah a jump in cases was expected.

What people fail to acknowledge is the capacity of the hospitals.

We can spout off infected numbers vs deaths all we want.

Meassures aint about that.

Measures are put in place to ensure there is room in hospitals.

Full stop.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterngather View Post
Yeah a jump in cases was expected.

What people fail to acknowledge is the capacity of the hospitals.

We can spout off infected numbers vs deaths all we want.

Meassures aint about that.

Measures are put in place to ensure there is room in hospitals.

Full stop.
And if you look at any country that didnít control it extremely and reached pandemic levels Covid continues to increase regardless of precautions

I fully understand what the hope and theory is but experts are not getting the results they hoped for