Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
thank you
Old 11-14-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
So mask wearing goes up and so do cases? So strange.
Its weird right??? Like there may be other factors at play we are not aware of.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Human nature is strange. Virus kills an innocent stranger. Little concern. Virus then kills a family member and indignant concern suddenly skyrockets.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Have you noticed that many people wearing masks don't seem to be worried about maintaining the 2m social distancing?

The sad fact is that covid isn't going to disappear this year, or next year, it will likely be a concern for several years.
Yes I have. They are the worst offenders.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinAlberta View Post
Human nature is strange. Virus kills an innocent stranger. Little concern. Virus then kills a family member and indignant concern suddenly skyrockets.
This has nothing to do with what I said.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Its weird right??? Like there may be other factors at play we are not aware of.
And maybe asking everyone to handle their face all day might have been a bad idea. Who knows.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:23 PM

Also heard on news yesterday Alberta has had 0 cases of influenza reported this year. Last year same time 40 some hospitalizations of the same and obviously thus far none.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:27 PM

I love these people who are very fortunate that they can live in remote places and bashed the city dweller. Who cares about covid we are safe? Karma is a bitch ICU is located in the cities.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:30 PM

Yea I just got home and over a thousand new cases. Man this is getting to the point where a shutdown is soon. Just a feeling I have. Also saw on the news these clowns protesting again about wearing a mask. You know they should maybe send those people on a free cruise right now. Or maybe if they get sick they are refused medical help. This ain’t going away
Old 11-14-2020, 09:32 PM

Quote:
The placebo effect

You lefties always believe you're right..
Old 11-14-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
Yea I just got home and over a thousand new cases. Man this is getting to the point where a shutdown is soon. Just a feeling I have. Also saw on the news these clowns protesting again about wearing a mask. You know they should maybe send those people on a free cruise right now. Or maybe if they get sick they are refused medical help. This ain’t going away
How about all protestors masked or not be prosecuted for violating the covid restrictions, regardless of what they are protesting?
Old 11-14-2020, 09:36 PM

Quote:
How about all protestors masked or not be prosecuted for violating the covid restrictions, regardless of what they are protesting?
That’s a good point. Way too many super spreader events.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
And maybe asking everyone to handle their face all day might have been a bad idea. Who knows.
A petri dish on and off your face all day. How many are wearing gloves when they do it? And removing and disposing of gloves properly. Reusing the same junk mask multiple times a day.

Old 11-14-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Have you noticed that many people wearing masks don't seem to be worried about maintaining the 2m social distancing? Kind of a false sense of security?

The sad fact is that covid isn't going to disappear this year, or next year, it will likely be a concern for several years.
Thats exactly what I said months ago when Edmonton instituted its mandatory mask bylaw. Cases went up because social distancing stopped almost immediately. Funny thing is I work in a building where masks are mandatory at all times or you will be banned from the property but there are still cases spreading through some offices.

Its actually made me glad I can not wear a mask because people are almost afraid of me and stay away.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 11-14-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
A petri dish on and off your face all day. How many are wearing gloves when they do it? And removing and disposing of gloves properly. Reusing the same junk mask multiple times a day.
People use sanitizer when they enter a store, then they touch their mask, and then counters, shelves, food containers etc in the store. lol
Old 11-14-2020, 09:42 PM

Quote:
People use sanitizer when they enter a store, then they touch their mask, and then counters, shelves, food containers etc in the store. lol
Going thru the motions

Old 11-14-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Bang on, nailed it.

I hardly ever wish sickness on anyone, but (do) these idiots need to experience a month on a ventilator or attend some 15 person family funerals to catch on?

The article on facebook had people laughing, 1000 a day is funny somehow?

Dense people astound me.
Problem is the selfish self centred will likely spread it and others will feel the consequences. Like drunk drivers. They kill others...far less often kill themselves.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-14-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorot View Post
I love these people who are very fortunate that they can live in remote places and bashed the city dweller. Who cares about covid we are safe? Karma is a bitch ICU is located in the cities.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 11-14-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Not true. False positives are not common with the PCR tests used here in AB. False negatives are far more common.

PCR tests test for coronavirus genetic material, false positives usually occur when there is an issue with contamination. False negatives occur because the swab didn't make contact with the virus (too early in infection, infection localized and not in area swabbed etc).

The rapid tests being used in some other areas on the other hand have a higher incidence of false positives (but again far more false negatives) and require extra steps (multiple tests, confirmation with PCR) etc to confirm.

Feel free to provide evidence that the false positive rate of PCR testing is "quite high".
https://www.manilatimes.net/2020/10/...itives/777791/

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/05/...-from-perfect/

Second article states in perfect environments they are nearly 100% but in real world 66-80%, that being said not sure if that is the exact same test AB is using
Old 11-14-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Problem is the selfish self centred will likely spread it and others will feel the consequences. Like drunk drivers. They kill others...far less often kill themselves.
lol. You're really getting dramatic now.
Maybe you need a little house party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF1-IHn8cRU

Old 11-14-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Makes perfect sense. Most of the spread is at private socials and home gatherings/ parties. People are not wearing masks.

Businesses with proper PPE are having far less transmission. However as the private spread increases... increased change of exposure occurs at certain businesses...thereby forcing the tightening restrictions.

Sad really... something so simply is so hard for some to comprehend and follow.

😞
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-14-2020, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
lol. You're really getting dramatic now.
Maybe you need a little house party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF1-IHn8cRU
Sadly...it’s your disrespect and disregard for others is what is truly dramatic.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Sadly...it’s your disrespect and disregard for others is what is truly dramatic.
It's not for others, just a select few

Old 11-14-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Makes perfect sense. Most of the spread is at private socials and home gatherings/ parties. People are not wearing masks.

Businesses with proper PPE are having far less transmission. However as the private spread increases... increased change of exposure occurs at certain businesses...thereby forcing the tightening restrictions.

Sad really... something so simply is so hard for some to comprehend and follow.

😞
Given that people in your home will be touching doors, furniture, glasses etc, after touching their masks, masks that don't even stop the virus won't protect you, the only effective protection, is to not have house parties/gatherings.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:05 PM

WOW

Quote:
Old 11-14-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Imagine the numbers without masks.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-14-2020, 10:17 PM

When healthcare workers use full HazMat suits to protect themselves from Ebola or Anthrax patients we assume a mask one of their friends from Facebook made for them will provide a good barrier. This is an all or nothing.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
When healthcare workers use full HazMat suits to protect themselves from Ebola or Anthrax patients we assume a mask one of their friends from Facebook made for them will provide a good barrier. This is an all or nothing.
Those of us that wore proper respirators and SCBA in the workplace, at least have some basic idea of proper protection, but unfortunately, many people assume that a cloth mask will protect them. When covid first became a concern, most people never wore masks in stores, but they did make a real effort to maintain social distancing. But now masks are mandatory, and many people pay no attention to social distancing. It's like they actually believe that a cloth mask will protect them.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
My experience is that most, but not all, people wear masks inpublic when they are told they have to. The masks on the floor at Superstore and Sobeys are simply indications of those that do not care.

From my own children, the issue is that many of their friends have very, very large cohorts (think adult hockey teams for example) that believe social distancing is a joke, get infected, and on the weekend go visit grandma. My son-in-law has yet to play a game this year, but his team goes on without him. Now five of his teammates have tested positive, and three have become very ill. The worst one was sick for three weeks and lost 26 pounds, but survived. His attitude has now changed.

Vic
Old 11-14-2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
I think we have about a dozen cases around here, up dramatically from last week. Doesn't seem to be any logic to the sudden upsurge, other than it was brought in from outside. So many unknows, now they are even questioning the validity of tests.

Grizz