Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-10-2021, 11:44 AM

Question Old gun pricing?

Hey all. I’ve been given some guns to sell off. Problem is that I haven’t sold a gun for decades and some of these will be hard to find comparable prices for as they’re old, odd, and some modifications (nothing illegal as far as I can tell) have been made. They are all long-ish guns as well. Nothing restricted or prohibited. A couple might need work.

I’m certain there are experts on this forum that I can get reasonable pricing information from. Not looking to rob anyone or to get robbed. Just fair pricing.

I think there will be a few old scopes as well in the mix.

Any suggestions as to who to talk to? I should have a list together within a week or so.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2021, 12:46 PM

I was put in that position, sent them to Ward's Auction, even after commission, the lady that owned them did quite well.

Grizz
Old 10-10-2021, 01:19 PM

Decent gun smith should be able to give you an idea. Or look online and see what auctions have them going for. Could also find a copy of the blue book for guns but my experience has been they never have the thing I’m trying to price.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:32 PM

Marksman Sports
Old 10-11-2021, 10:34 PM

Skip the auction houses as they take a huge cut. Definitely pass on Marksman as Feller will screw you over so quickly you won't realize it's happening. Spend a bit of time doing some research online, check other gun stores for used prices on particular firearms, and chat with other forum members.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:33 AM

If you post a three or four of good pictures of the guns as well as a complete description the guys here on AO will be able to give you a pretty good idea what the guns are worth. Not as good as seeing them in person but a pretty decent starting place. You will need that to market them effectively anyhow so a good place to start.