Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-25-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy45 View Post
That is correct! Noticed it as well. Honestly I am super excited to see that regulation change, but I bet many are not. We will see how many people actually follow it now...
I’m super happy about no retention over 100cm. I think eliminating the retention of one under 70cm or whatever it was is kind of silly in my opinion though.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:31 AM

I completely agree that closing retention of the over 100cm fish was a good Idea. However it is hard to imagine that this lake cannot support any fish harvest. I have fished this lake for quite a few years and there have been days when I have personally caught almost 100 fish ( Mostly Pike). I will greatly miss my the shore lunch and dinnertime fish fries that I have been able to share with friends and family. I guess the good news is that I should be able to now expect to be able to catch upwards of 200 fish per day!!
Old 03-26-2018, 11:49 AM

Yeah that's a ****y deal that you pay to go stay at a lodge in all that there and you can't even do a shore lunch.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2018, 11:54 AM

Suspect 0 retention is a proactive move designed to maintain quality fishery in consideration of increased angling pressure if and when the new proposed road and campground go in.

Even now, there is certainly some C&R mortality as we usually find several belly up pike in a week of fishing. Keeps the pelicans fat and happy I guess!!!
Old 04-09-2018, 09:15 AM

Unfortunately this is what Winifred Lodge before the lodge look liked in 1980, it was a fly in tent camp when we went there think you were allowed 8 each no size limit don't even remember this is what they let us take home

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2021, 01:31 PM

This thread comes up on a google search but the latest thread describing the atrocious service does not so here is that link.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...light=Winefred

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...light=Winefred