Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-19-2017, 09:07 PM

Default Ultimate Predator bow mounted decoy

Anyone have any experience with the bow mounted, mule deer decoy? I hunt very open country with the bow and was looking for some way to close the distance and maybe break up my human figure. Any advice or suggestions would be great .
Old 08-19-2017, 09:57 PM

I have been looking at their elk one.... haven't been able to decide if it's good or bad. I guess it's like any decoy though.... may work wonders for one animal and bring them in running but may scare another one away.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:11 PM

I use the Ultimate Pred mule deer doe decoy and I quite like it. It is east and fast to attach to your bow or camera tripod. Has helped me get into the magic zone a few times now. All their gear is good quality. I would recommend the decoys to anyone especially for spot and stalk mules or cow elk calling/ moose rut. Haven't used the whitetail doe myself yet but have used the mule on different game as well.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:37 PM

How well does it work from a tree stand?
I think the only real concern would be using it in a zone when rifles can be used at the same time. But you've probably already considered that for obvious reasons.
If it works well for you, be sure to include how it went when you upload field pics of your quarry!
Old 08-19-2017, 10:39 PM

i purchased the cow elk decoy a few weeks ago ill be out opening morning with her. ill post back here once i'm able to try it out on a few bulls they look like they are going to work really well although i'm slightly nervous using it on public land even with the orange safety markings on it
Old 08-19-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBowman View Post
i purchased the cow elk decoy a few weeks ago ill be out opening morning with her. ill post back here once i'm able to try it out on a few bulls they look like they are going to work really well although i'm slightly nervous using it on public land even with the orange safety markings on it
Any additional charges besides their shipping, like duty or other hidden ones?

Last edited by freeride; 08-19-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:03 AM

I considered a bow mounted decoy, but was concerned that any type of wind would be detrimental to the shot, as it would be like hooking a sail to your bow.

Any experience with wind?
Old 08-21-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWODM3 View Post
I use the Ultimate Pred mule deer doe decoy and I quite like it. It is east and fast to attach to your bow or camera tripod. Has helped me get into the magic zone a few times now. All their gear is good quality. I would recommend the decoys to anyone especially for spot and stalk mules or cow elk calling/ moose rut. Haven't used the whitetail doe myself yet but have used the mule on different game as well.
Do you remember what it cost all said and done?
Old 08-21-2017, 10:22 PM

$130
Old 08-21-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeride View Post
Any additional charges besides their shipping, like duty or other hidden ones?

I bought it from big timber archery in Grande Prairie I'm not sure what charges you'd get if ordering online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2017, 11:54 AM

Never seen this one before but i think i like it. So i ordered the elk with the quick detach straps about 2 hours ago and i just got a usps tracking number for it.
That's pretty quick turnaround time so maybe i will have it for opening week with a little luck. Cost me $119.88 usd shipped
Old 08-24-2017, 04:33 PM

I ended up buying one, it should be here tomorrow. I ordered it from Northpoint Outfitters. They are the only ones selling them in Canada I'm told. I payed $130 to my door. Very nice people as well, I called and inquired about them in the morning, and said I was interested in one. They called me back that night and let me know they were leaving to a show the next day and if I wanted one they would ship it that night so I had it. Can't wait...... keep you posted !
Old 08-28-2017, 08:43 PM

Default Moose Decoy

I bought the Mule deer doe and cow moose last week direct from the ultimatepreditor.com website. Arrived today. They look pretty good. My brother has a bull moose draw. I am guessing that it will help in stopping a moose long enough to get the arrow off. The mule deer doe I bough for spot and stalk mule hunting in the prairies. My thoughts are that if a buck that has been bedded gets up, it should give give me enough time to draw. Hopefully we will have pics to to show our success.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Balon View Post
I ended up buying one, it should be here tomorrow. I ordered it from Northpoint Outfitters. They are the only ones selling them in Canada I'm told. I payed $130 to my door. Very nice people as well, I called and inquired about them in the morning, and said I was interested in one. They called me back that night and let me know they were leaving to a show the next day and if I wanted one they would ship it that night so I had it. Can't wait...... keep you posted !
Sorry to drag up an old thread just wondering how the decoy worked out for you?
Old 11-28-2021, 12:29 AM

Old 11-28-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
Sorry to drag up an old thread just wondering how the decoy worked out for you?
I’ve got a couple, really have a difficult time attaching it to the bow. The concept is good but the Velcro is noisy. I replaced it with tie straps but it’s still not ideal.