Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-22-2018, 07:48 PM

Default Disassembly instructions for a Cooey 600 bolt ?

I have a Cooey 600 that is misfiring about half the time with light strikes.

Might just need a good cleaning.

I can find Youtube videos on how to change the firing pin but it does not show how to take the bolt apart initially.

Anyone give me some hints?

thx
Puma
Old 10-22-2018, 07:58 PM

Default Cooey

You have to remove the stock first. Then loosen the screw that holds the mag tube, pull the trigger and slide the bolt out. If I remember right lol
Old 10-22-2018, 08:02 PM

In most cases when the cooey is misfiring it is a headspace issue created by wear on the back of the bolt handle . To repair a new bolt has to be fitted
Old 10-22-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fps plus View Post
In most cases when the cooey is misfiring it is a headspace issue created by wear on the back of the bolt handle . To repair a new bolt has to be fitted
You can also "peen" the back side of the bolt handle with a center punch to create raised pressure points to compensate for the wear. Half a dozen solid hits can raise enough material to cam it forward and correct minor headspace issues.
It will keep a 22LR shooting until you can get it fixed properly; mine is still working 35 years later.

OT- I've found a good spray cleaner and air pressure work well to clean a Cooey bolt.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell