Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-02-2019, 08:13 AM

Default Import Company / New Rules

Good day,
Has anyone used Borderview Import / Export company? Link : https://www.borderview.com/

They seem very professional, but anyone can have a good looking website. Any thoughts, opinions?

As a side note, their web page states that changes have recently been made regarding importing from the USA. Link: https://www.borderview.com/blog/impo...lated-exports/
Thanks for any information, and maybe these new rules can help someone.
Ken
Old 11-02-2019, 09:18 AM

This is the company that Prophet river used for imports
Not sure on all of it yet. I have a Bat action that’s been there since August waiting to be exported.
As of right now they have no idea how long it will be.
Also as of the other day Prophet river had taken the import of rifles off their website.
So not sure how the new rules will effect all of this.
The exporting out of the USA seems to be getting more difficult.

Ask me when and if I ever get my action and I will let you know how good they really are.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:13 AM

Jeesh, that sucks. Hopefully your stuff is being held up because of the changes and will show up soon. From Borderviews website, I understood that they are only taking requests for future imports at this time. They are still working out the logistics of the new rules.
Good luck.
Ken
Old 11-05-2019, 06:44 AM
Banned

From Prophet Rivers Website
Importing

As part of our routine business, we offer importing services of firearms and firearm related products from the US into Canada. This process is a surprisingly easy process for our clients. We look after all the legal paperwork required on both sides of the border.

You will need to fill out our online form, then download and forward the FFL package to your suplier. Please click one of the following two choices for all the details.

How to Import ...

Shotguns
Shotgun Actions
Shotgun Parts
Optics

Exporting

Prophet River will take care of all your Importing needs, however we do not Export from Canada to the U.S. (except for certain warranty returns).

We recommend BORDERVIEW International Firearm Logistics, who offers a full-service "USA Firearm Import Service" to export guns from Canada to the United States.

Thank You.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:25 PM

Irunguns was the first one I saw posting about the changes, it is apparently now required to use an exporter to buy guns thru someone like Gunbroker, you pay the exporter, not the seller, and they pay the seller. And all the proposed changes from earlier this year, are apparently dead in the water in Congress.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357Maximum View Post
From Prophet Rivers Website
Importing

As part of our routine business, we offer importing services of firearms and firearm related products from the US into Canada. This process is a surprisingly easy process for our clients. We look after all the legal paperwork required on both sides of the border.

You will need to fill out our online form, then download and forward the FFL package to your suplier. Please click one of the following two choices for all the details.

How to Import ...

Shotguns
Shotgun Actions
Shotgun Parts
Optics

Exporting

Prophet River will take care of all your Importing needs, however we do not Export from Canada to the U.S. (except for certain warranty returns).

We recommend BORDERVIEW International Firearm Logistics, who offers a full-service "USA Firearm Import Service" to export guns from Canada to the United States.

Thank You.
Yes. That’s for shotguns and parts
They used to do rifles as well.
I called Borderview and asked about my export.
They said they have no idea how long it will take
And no idea what they will do with the ones caught in transition.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:51 AM

Unhappy

So much for “Free Trade”.....
Ken