Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-09-2010, 02:15 PM

Default Spring Bear Hunting

Hi Guys and Girls
I am looking into a guided bear hunt this year but every place I look it is around $3000 US. Does anyone know of a place that is better priced then that. I live in alberta and I want to hunt Alberta so I really dont want to pay US price. Is there anyone that does guided bear hunts for people that live in alberta that are better priced.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Banned

PM memeber "Huntin" he might be able to help you out!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:11 PM

I sent you a pm. also hope Mike can give a hand
Old 01-09-2010, 05:24 PM

I know that some people will set baits up and charge people by the week to hunt them....seen ads in a couple stores for those services back in 2007 if you're interested. I remember them saying the baits are guaranteed to be active and replenished at the beginning of your week there.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:53 PM

James if you don't mind PM the numbers as well
thanks
Old 01-09-2010, 08:35 PM

Sorry....that was 3 years ago and I don't have the numbers. I seen one at the Red Deer Archery Center and the other was I believe at the Grandview Stage by cow lake. If I can locate them again this year I'll post the numbers.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:15 PM

I would maybe try talkin to Gunslinger, he does resident hunts if i remember corectly.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:03 PM

Default Spring bear hunt

P M sent
Old 01-15-2010, 01:36 PM

SCO Here at the board runs Shadow Creek Outfitters. Super solid guy, and he takes some great animals. He knows his areas like the back of his hand, and the photo's on his website attest, his clients are well taken care of.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
SCO Here at the board runs Shadow Creek Outfitters. Super solid guy, and he takes some great animals. He knows his areas like the back of his hand, and the photo's on his website attest, his clients are well taken care of.
Thanks for the post. I do have special rates for resident hunters. They start at $2500 cdn and go down from there. The more you can provide the cheaper it is. (i.e. Your own quad, do your own skining). Mod's if I can't post this here please let me know.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:04 AM

Why not find someone on AO who already bear hunts and tag along? Help set up baits and stands, pay for fuel/beer and get a chance to shoot a bruin for way cheaper than $3000. Im sure someone in your area could show you the ropes.

Would a person living in mexico pay $1000 for a trip to mexicio?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Gone Hunting

I havent been running bait for a couple years now since starting competitive walleye angling, but truth be told, you can get set up, do your homework, drop your own can's, and be baiting bears for yourself for the same amount of money these guys want. That is considering that I live in the southern portion of Alberta, requiring a fairly substantial amount of travel to do it. If you have your own equipment, get at it, its easy. Vastly out of touch with reality is all I will say about thier prices,,, seems like they want one guy to pay the entire set up cost for the year. The benefit to doing it yourself is that you wont just have one dead bear to celebrate, you will have as many can's as you want, and once baits are established, you, your family and friends will be smokin bear every spring after.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er