Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Banned

Default Confused

I have a question on the hunter host program. I have read this entire thread and would like an answer from the people who specifically pointed out that this would be illegal. Any one of these posters (dick284, timwolf, cougar bait, thumper,
Mhunter51) will do. Why is it so wrong for a person to host a hunter in the hopes to trade a hunt but it is alright to host a hunter in the hopes to write an article or film a tv show. I assume these were done for profit. The law specifically states:

"A Hunter Host may not provide services for gain or reward, or accept a fee for services, directly or indirectly."

Both of these instances are for gain or reward but it seems like one is looked upon more favorably than the other. Why is this?

I personally have no issues with either one of these scenarios but found it interesting that one would get such a disapproving response and the other seems to be fine.

Roer

Last edited by roer.die.ontlasting; 01-14-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-14-2010, 10:17 PM

Well Roer to answer your question the Hunter host, if any have hosted a tv show host or writer, do not profit from the article or tv program. No monetary exchange or exchange of hunts. That is why it is looked at differently.
Of course everyone will look at it different and have their own point of view as to whether or not it is right or wrong. They are entitled to their opinions as long as they do not try to force their opinions on others or call others names. IMHO if a tv show host or writer uses a Hunter Host for an article or show good on them. They are doing what everyone else here does. And that is making a living, Only they get to do it hunting, and that is what makes some people on here upset. They don't get to make a living doing what we all love doing.

Last edited by lilsundance; 01-14-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsundance View Post
Well Roer to answer your question the Hunter host, if any have hosted a tv show host or writer, do not profit from the article or tv program. No monetary exchange or exchange of hunts. That is why it is looked at differently.
Of course everyone will look at it different and have their own point of view as to whether or not it is right or wrong. They are entitled to their opinions as long as they do not try to force their opinions on others or call others names. IMHO if a tv show host or writer uses a Hunter Host for an article or show good on them. They are doing what everyone else here does. And that is making a living, Only they get to do it hunting, and that is what makes some people on here upset. They don't get to make a living doing what we all love doing.
Interesting.

No exchange of funds that any of us are aware of anyway.

What if the TV host/writer is the one hosting the hunt? Are they not then profiting by it? That's a sticky one me thinks.

It's not really a matter of opinion, it's a matter of the law, as some here have gone out of their way to express to the OP and others. Those in glass houses as they say...

Not only that, but you're essentially saying that as long as someone is doing something they love and making a living at it, then the letter of the law really isn't all that important, and everyone should just mind their own business because any objection to it would just be jealousy.

For the record, I'm jealous of the money drug dealers and the guys running ponzi schemes make too...

Waxy
Old 01-14-2010, 10:55 PM

Default Well Waxy

If you read my post again you will note I said if a Hunter Host has hosted a tv host or writer. Not the other way around. No where in my post did I mention breaking the law like drug sellers etc. I have never, nor will I ever, condone anyone making a living doing things against the law. And since I was talking about tv show hosts and writers hunting with a host and making a living doing so I guess I assumed people would be smart enough to connect the two together and not with some illegal activities. Guess I assumed wrong.

Edit: I for one am not jealous of the money these drug dealers and schemers make. No I don't make a lot of money. But at the end of the day I am happy that what money do make is lawful.

Last edited by lilsundance; 01-14-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsundance View Post
If you read my post again you will note I said if a Hunter Host has hosted a tv host or writer. Not the other way around. No where in my post did I mention breaking the law like drug sellers etc. I have never, nor will I ever, condone anyone making a living doing things against the law. And since I was talking about tv show hosts and writers hunting with a host and making a living doing so I guess I assumed people would be smart enough to connect the two together and not with some illegal activities. Guess I assumed wrong.
What about if the hunter host was a writer or tv host???
Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 PM

Default well

Tonto since I am not in law I can't answer that as to being right or wrong so I will keep my opinion to myself. And since this thread has gone sideways a couple times and see it going again this thread is dead.