Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-23-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsesink View Post
DISGUSTING, get off this site before you're tossed out. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
Timsesink: Your reply to whitehatters post is out of line. He clearly is new to Canada and does not know our hunting customs. I suggest that if you were going to reply at all you should have politely pointed out to him why you believe his post was not in accordance with western Canadian hunting culture.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:39 PM

Hi there,

I'm new to this site, I'm wondering If you still have room for one more? I live in Fort Saskatchewan and love the outdoors. I have pretty much all the gear a guy needs to enjoy a season of hunting, I'm a father of four toddlers and since moving to the Edmonton Area I have been looking for someone to enjoy my passion for the outdoors with while learning what ever I can when it comes to hunting.

Thanks for your time

Chad Stacey
Old 08-23-2011, 05:10 PM

Default Looking for a Hunting Partner

Hi,
I live in Fort Saskatchewan, I love to hunt. I am looking for someone that would enjoy having a new hunting buddy this season. I have all the gear one pretty much needs for a season a great hunting, I also work shift work so I have a ton of time off. Just that since relocating to the Edmonton area a few year ago its been tough looking for a place to hunt. I'll be hitting the pavement to knock on doors to see if any landowners in the area wouldn't mind granting access to a responsible and ethical hunter.

If you are a land owner and a hunter that is looking for a new hunting buddy or even willing to grant access to enjoy the outdoors this season I'd love to hear from you. I'm a father of four young toddlers that is trying to build some connections in the area ( or anywhere for that matter ) that will allow my family the opportunity to build new relationships with people while enjoying our great outdoors

thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 05:12 PM

Default Hunting Partner WMU 408 Cow Elk - 2011

Looking for one or more *responsible* outdoors-people to pair up with in WMU 408 for elk. (I drew for cow-elk this season.) I have 3 seasons under belt & 2 tags filled. This will be my 4th season. I am VERY safety conscious, and will not go out with those who aren't. Am in shape, avid hiker/backpacker and willing to put on the miles to do the legwork. Mostly weekends. Willing to join up with non-hunters or newbies if there are any who are interested. If you are interested let me know. Season opens Sept 17.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:44 PM

Hi mine is Larry, long time listener first time caller.

I am completely new to Alberta having moved to the Eckville area in feb of 2010. I really dont know anyone here let alone another hunter. I have all my own gear as well as various rifles.

I am 50 years old not in the best of shape, I walk everyday and now up to 2 miles per day. I have lost 60lbs and still working hard at it. I am also new to hunting having only gone out a couple of time on my own when I lived on the island. However I do know how to handle a firearm having been a cadet for 7 years and in the reserves as well.

Hope to make some new friends and possible hunting friends. I have poked around west of rocky out to Nordegg allot.

Best of luck to all the hunters this year.

Larry
Old 08-24-2011, 09:45 PM

Default Looking for experienced elk hunting partners

I am a 44 year old hunter from Red Deer and am looking for some experienced Elk hunting partners. I am planning a trip the last week of September this year and thinking of going out to WMU 328. I enjoy a beer or two after the hunt but not during. I have been hunting for 5 years (this stretch, hunted for 10-12 years in my teens and early twenties) for Deer but never tried my luck at Elk. I have no quad and am using a borrowed trailer for this trip. I just bought a Savage Axis 30-06 (still need to sight in scope) and would love to get my first Elk. Willing to share with co-hunter if I get one. Hoping to get a partner or two with some experience.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:06 PM

Anyone who would like to Grande Prairie and fill some deer tags can drop me a line.

We have fun, go hardcore some days, and other days have evrything but the kitchen sink for Breakfast lunch and supper...lol

If you have never taken a deer before, this might be a good first time experience...you will be responsible for shooting your own animals and helping with the dressing until you get the hang of it.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:43 PM

Hi, my name's Catnthehat, and I'm a hunter....
Cat
Old 08-25-2011, 05:29 PM

Default Sheep Hunting Partner Wanted, I have horses......

Looking for a partner to go sheep hunting that kinda knows the area more then me. Only been a couple times sheep hunting in bc, and just moved to cochrane. I have horses, pack or ride and a truck with a trailer for 4 horses. PM me if your interested.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:59 PM

Hey Canoes;
I am going out to West and North of the Rocky area for the last week of September this year. I am new to the Elk Hunting scene but have been hunting for a number of years for deer. I would enjoy having someone who know the area better to go with. I am a 44 year old and also spent time in the regular forces years ago. I am a responsible hunter and am a little out of shape.(we could make a great team. lol) Drop me a line and maybe we can get together before the season starts. Who knows maybe we can get together for the week then.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:18 PM

Hi there, I start hunting two years ago around Calgary, and would like this year to try Edmonton area for white tail, I would like to join if you dont mind. A.J
Old 08-28-2011, 11:22 PM

Hi there, I start hunting for white tail and mule two years ago around Calgary, and would like this year to try Elk hunting, I would like to join if you dont mind. A.J
Old 08-29-2011, 04:18 PM

Looking for a partner for elk bow hunting form the red deer area. I have a4X4 and argo. Im thinking 332,328 or328.

I would like to head out wednesday and come back thursday night. Work sucks........

Will be more of a scouting trip.
PM me please.

Stephen
Old 08-29-2011, 06:43 PM

Ops ment 332,330 or328.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:10 PM

Default need partner for next weekend

going elk hunting next weekend (sept 10-11 leaving the 9 after work ) by my self . im from leduc and got everything truck , camper , quad . thinking about going to 337 or 328 i know lots of spots out there . pm me if interested . got to be good to hike some miles and be up early in the morning .
Old 09-03-2011, 01:07 AM

Default Goose hunting tutors?

Tried this page last year and gots lots of interest early but never got a call back. Trying again cause I am really interested in going out to give goose hunting a shot. I have the gun and some camo clothing but no decoys or blind. I used to go (goose chaser) with my grandpa years ago and would truly like a chance to actually try a hunt. I will eventually end up with the rest of the gear but would sure like the opportunity to try it out whike I save up for the gear.
I am a 42 year old man from Winfield Alberta (near DraytonValley) and would be more than willing to help setup decoys or even meet up to go on scouting drives.
Willing to drive 2-3 hours and though more interested in geese would not pass up the opportunity to learn duck hunting either.
Thanks RodH
Old 09-05-2011, 05:47 PM

Default Looking for a waterfowl partner

Looking for a new waterfowl partner for the Calgary or southern Alberta area. Experienced hunter, own decoys, but no dog. My old partners have now gotten very busy with new family's and little time. Looking to get out on the weekends. Pm me if your interested.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:41 PM

I am a hunter from Red Deer. Looking for people to hunt anything with. I need more time in the field and experience. I've only hunted once, last season and got a whitetail deer and some grouse. I'd love to hunt ducks and geese, but it seems hard to find people that'll let ya tag along with them. I'm 28 and consider myself a responsible hunter, I however am cool with a couple beer after a days hunt and even a puff
Old 09-09-2011, 08:55 AM

Default Moose Hunting

Last minute family issues may have caused one partner to back out so I looking for a new hunter for moose. I'm based in Calgary but have a tag for 544 (an area I have gone into many times) early season. I have most of the equipment but you'll need firearms (with appropriate paperwork/licenses), an ATV, camping stuff (cot, bag etc) and about a week off either before or after Thanksgiving (prefer before but I am flexible). I enjoy a beer at the end of the day but that's it, absolutely no drugs.

PM me if interested and we can discuss more.

Zeke
Old 09-09-2011, 09:33 AM

Located between Calgary and Okotoks, just SW of Dewinton. Looking for someone to go goose/duck/upland hunting with, only have a shotgun and blind, can probably pick up some decoys too. First year doing some real waterfowling, but have hunted quail and pheasants quite a bit back in the states.

Have horse but probably wont help bird hunting, other then seen some grouse on the trails.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:45 PM

Default Drayton Valley area

Any folks near drayton who know the area.wanna go out next week for some bow hunting for a good size buck. i have not got one yet, been bow hunting for a few years now. Compound hoyt bow, what a rush it is. I have the week off and want to hunt that area for some bucks. text 7804766747
Old 09-13-2011, 02:20 AM

Default hunting partner wanted for bow hunting 248, 508, 250

My regular hunting partners and I have mixed shifts and one of them doesnt bow hunt. I'm looking for someone to go out with either in the morning after I'm done work or in the evenings before work. I work graveyard shifts sun-thurs.'just looking to be able to get out during the week. Got all my own gear, just looking for someone to go with always seems to make it more interesting. Pm me anytime. Thanks.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 PM

I'm a primarily a upland hunter who has been hunting Huns and pheasants for the past 5 years with my GSP. I'm looking for a hunting partner that has a pointing dog as well and would like to team up for a hunt. I have every fri,sat,sun off from oct.15 to nov.30 and I like to hunt at least twice a week during the season if anyone's interested shoot me a pm.

Ross
Old 09-14-2011, 03:15 AM

Default 151 152 Elk

Looking for a person to team up with . I have a few contacts and need to start scouting asap. Thanks
Old 09-14-2011, 06:26 PM

Default Newbie looking for hunting partner(s)

Hi, I live in the Edmonton area and am looking for someone to show me the ropes! I did hunt once as a youth, however, I didn't get anything. I am willing to put on some miles!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:02 PM

Default R&R short time home

so i'm not the fastest typer and got timed out and when i went to post lost all 5 paragraphs detailing myself so here it is in a nutshell

my name is adam
i'm 26 fit live in edmonton
on R&R from afghanistan
been hunting on and off since 12 (mostly up north)
have the tools to hunt anything but i have no bow
i have a horse if need be if the area needs it.
will travel 3-4 hrs for right hunt/partner
phesents and partrige would be easyest game as we could day hunt
would love waterfowl if you know what to do cuz i don't lol
i'm max flex for whatever we hunt.
i'm depending on my partner to know what game is general
i'm more into getting out so if you want a partner for a reall unique hunt i'd still be interested.
not into getting drunk at night more into the hunt but will still have one or two.
there isn't a animal i wouln't be interested in hunting so if you think you'd like to tee up send me a pm/ email and we'll swap contact info more securely

this isn't as good a write up as i had before but what ya gonna do

lifes a adventure
forget grabbing
so go bag some horns
Old 09-19-2011, 08:11 PM

Default Happy hunting

[QUOTE=Tuc;366760]'go alone hunters'
Stay safe out there and g'luck filling those tags!!

Hey AB Friends. Just wanted to say happy hunting, and please play it safe!
Tom's family would like to see you all make it home to your loved ones.
Thanks again Tuc for the Who needs a hunting partner thread!
Hilton
Old 09-20-2011, 11:23 AM

Default Waterfowl hunting

Hi all,

I am in Edmonton and would love to get a chance to hunt with experienced waterfowlers, especially geese. I am a pretty experienced hunter but am a neophyte when it comes to waterfowl!

I am ethical, responsible and have very good gun handling manners.

I have my own shotgun, waders, camo etc and a dozen mallard dekes. I am of course more than willing to pay more than my share for gas, lunch etc for a day's shoot. I am keen to learn more! I can also meet you at a spot too, use my truck etc.

So if anyone has a spot for a day, I would appreciate the opportunity!

Thanks
Brian
Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if you found someone to go sheep hunting with? what area you thinking of heading out into? do you have an email address? mine is esouriol@gmail.com

Drop a line if you have time.

happy hunting
Old 09-21-2011, 12:45 PM

Default Airdrie

I am new to Airdrie and looking for a hunting partner. Last year was my first year hunting so I have limited experience but would like to hunt ducks and geese and will probably get a deer tag as well.