Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2020, 12:08 PM

Default Fake indigenous band?

https://youtu.be/wtCezqpx2ZA
Old 01-16-2020, 12:26 PM

This is disgusting. Force maybe required......police aren’t removing these people. Send in National guard, or 100,000 roughnecks with pipe dope (that dope takes forever to remove) and 24” pipe wrench.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:53 PM

If you sent in the national guard it would be an international war. Canada doesn’t have a national guard.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:56 PM

There is nothing fake about Hereditary Chiefs in BC and unceded lands.

This Rebel video is one of the most ignorant or purposefully fake reports I have ever seen.

Legally, by Canadian law, BC is screwed.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."

Last edited by walking buffalo; 01-16-2020 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post

This Rebel video is one of the morst ignorant or purposefully fake reports I have ever seen.

That’s what I thought.
Lol the rebel is an embarrassment for any right wing leaning person. I’m a righty but I wish they would come off less radical.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
That’s what I thought.
Lol the rebel is an embarrassment for any right wing leaning person. I’m a righty but I wish they would come off less radical.
Exactly. I am a righty too but they go beyond fake. It takes away any credibility. I'd never use one of their articles as proof of anything even if that one was true because as soon as you mention the source no one believes you.

What we need is a REAL unbiased media channel. But I don't know if unbiased media exists or is even allowed in Canada anymore.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
The concept of Hereditary Chiefs forces Government and Industry to participate in the inevitable in-fighting that exists in (at least from my observation) the majority of First Nations.

What we need is a sensible benevolent Dictator to scrap a century and a half of political and bureaucratic bungling.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Exactly. I am a righty too but they go beyond fake. It takes away any credibility. I'd never use one of their articles as proof of anything even if that one was true because as soon as you mention the source no one believes you.

What we need is a REAL unbiased media channel. But I don't know if unbiased media exists or is even allowed in Canada anymore.
And the taxpayers fund the CBC which is nothing more than the governments propaganda service, no more reliable than te Rebel.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:25 PM

the pics of tires to burn and gas jugs cutting down trees garbage crazy they can get away with this crap
Old 01-16-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:

This Rebel video is one of the most ignorant or purposefully fake reports I have ever seen.

"Every band on the route has signed off ", legally it's a done deal. Always good to get another point of view, even if it doesn't fit your agenda. Just look, arson material and boobytraps ? these guys are terrorists, no way around it.

Grizz
Old 01-16-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
"Every band on the route has signed off ", legally it's a done deal. Always good to get another point of view, even if it doesn't fit your agenda. Just look, arson material and boobytraps ? these guys are terrorists, no way around it.

Grizz
well said Grizz
Old 01-16-2020, 04:13 PM

What a joke ..…….. the Rebel? lol. They are the biggest "trash rag" I have ever seen.

I love the part "widowmaker" where this clown says that these protesters will bring a tree down on the RCMP or a reporter …… lol ……. he must be brave risking his neck like that and almost getting out of the car.

On the other hand, people who block roads, if in fact this is crown land as he claimed, and not treaty land, need to be arrested for blocking a roadway which disrupts access to public roads and causes a potential safety situation.

I doubt that's the case anyway since the whole report is full of it.

What a stupid report from a stupid source.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:

Grizz
If that's true, and all the bands in all of the nations have provided right of way, then yes, anyone blocking anything should be arrested and removed.

I didn't see "arson materials and booby traps" but maybe that's what you wanted to see, I guess I have a garage full of arson materials and booby traps, probably some in my kids backpack too when coming home from craft day I guess.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:

Grizz
Well, no.

The Elected Chiefs only have jurisdiction on Reserve Lands and territory included in Treaties. These agreements only apply to where the Elected Chiefs have jurisdiction....

The Hereditary Chiefs claim to have jurisdiction on all Unceded Lands.
Which is pretty much ALL of BC.

The general public is being fooled into believing that these agreements cover the full length of the pipeline.

From the perspective of the Hereditary Chiefs, the Canadian government has no jurisdiction on these lands, thus the Canadian laws don't apply here.
And they may be right.

This is why there is a Mad scramble in BC to get Treaties done.
A new one every month. Massive amounts of Land are being signed away from Canadian and Provincial control.

Like it or not, unless Canada declares war on these Nations, the settlements will have to come from the courts. The courts are consistently deciding in favour of these Nations in BC as their case is that strong.

History books written in 2100 might decide that these people were terrorists, or more likely, they will be documented as having been defending their Country.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 01-16-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Well, no.

The Elected Chiefs only have jurisdiction on Reserve Lands and territory included in Treaties. These agreements only apply to where the Elected Chiefs have jurisdiction....

The Hereditary Chiefs claim to have jurisdiction on all Unceded Lands.
Which is pretty much ALL of BC.

The general public is being fooled into believing that these agreements cover the full length of the pipeline.

From the perspective of the Hereditary Chiefs, the Canadian government has no jurisdiction on these lands, thus the Canadian laws don't apply here.
And they may be right.

This is why there is a Mad scramble in BC to get Treaties done.
A new one every month. Massive amounts of Land are being signed away from Canadian and Provincial control.

Like it or not, unless Canada declares war on these Nations, the settlements will have to come from the courts. The courts are consistently deciding in favour of these Nations in BC as their case is that strong.

History books written in 2100 might decide that these people were terrorists, or more likely, they will be documented as having been defending their Country.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you comes to mind...
Old 01-16-2020, 04:55 PM

How come in a democratic nation we have people who think that ‘hereditary chiefs’ have any more importance to them than any other citizen. They’re not elected. It would be like any of us fawning over Prince Harry simply due to his family lineage.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
If that's true, and all the bands in all of the nations have provided right of way, then yes, anyone blocking anything should be arrested and removed.

I didn't see "arson materials and booby traps" but maybe that's what you wanted to see, I guess I have a garage full of arson materials and booby traps, probably some in my kids backpack too when coming home from craft day I guess.
Interesting,

https://business.financialpost.com/c...aslink-project
Old 01-16-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
How come in a democratic nation we have people who think that ‘hereditary chiefs’ have any more importance to them than any other citizen. They’re not elected. It would be like any of us fawning over Prince Harry simply due to his family lineage.
A UN declaration?
Old 01-16-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Simple to answer.

This is another tool for these Nations to fight Canada in the attempt to maintain control and gain Internationally recognized legal ownership of lands they claim..

Don't forget, this is a war.
An undeclared cold war right now. but a war nonetheless.

Old 01-16-2020, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Ah yes The Rebel... bastion of award worthy reporting, and from behind enemy lines!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet%CA%BCsuwet%CA%BCen
Old 01-16-2020, 05:45 PM

A lot of hate for The Rebel but no one is actually countering with anything useful, just emotional outrage.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:49 PM

Let's keep our eye on the ball here....these are paid protestors no doubt about it, ask yourself if that pipeline goes through and Alberta has alternate markets for their oil WHO has the most to loose by this ????????? who buys Alberta oil at 30% of the world price ????? who transports that oil and where do they transport it to ???? follow the money folks and you will find the people that are funding the protesters to block the pipe lines.

It has nothing to do with traditional lands and all the other crap they spout off about, that's just smoking mirrors and it sounds good to the media, it has to do with money, more money and nothing but money.

The protesters get double paid, we as tax payers pay them every month through the welfare system and they get paid from ???? follow the money again, they have nothing else to do but sit there and get paid.

Just my humble opinion

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.

Last edited by waldedw; 01-16-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Let's keep our eye on the ball here....these are paid protestors no doubt about it, ask yourself if that pipeline goes through and Alberta has alternate markets for their oil WHO has the most to loose by this ????????? who buys Alberta oil at 30% of the world price ????? follow the money folks and you will find the people that are paying to block the pipe lines.

It has nothing to do with traditional lands and all the other crap they spout off about, it has to do with money, more money and nothing but money.

Just my humble opinion
Exactly.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:37 PM

The Rebel gets my support, plus millions of Canadian followers support Rebel News. Some reports You take with grain of salt. Most give a Conservative slant. This is good. Mainstream media reporting has bastardized with left wing propaganda, and $650,000,000.00 federal handouts to rally against conservatives views. I was pleased with Rebels stance Provincial Against NDP Notley Government.
There are currently a couple new Center right media news developing across Canada. Gaining Traction albeit slowly.
Here is recent report by rebel media reporter with liberal MP. Even former Liberal MP cannot stand this Trudeau led government.

https://youtu.be/a4ZQpbjKv8M
Old 01-16-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Simple to answer.

This is another tool for these Nations to fight Canada in the attempt to maintain control and gain Internationally recognized legal ownership of lands they claim..

Don't forget, this is a war.
An undeclared cold war right now. but a war nonetheless.
Interesting take on it and I tend to agree with your summation.

I would however possibly amend to say a civil war and perhaps not just limited to BC.

The chiefs in question were given and seem to have accepted Canadian citizenship and all the rights that come with this. By accepting this it does beg the question if this was in effect a renouncement of their claims to be members of an independent nation.

A complex mess we find ourselves in.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Let's keep our eye on the ball here....these are paid protestors no doubt about it, ask yourself if that pipeline goes through and Alberta has alternate markets for their oil WHO has the most to loose by this ????????? who buys Alberta oil at 30% of the world price ????? who transports that oil and where do they transport it to ???? follow the money folks and you will find the people that are funding the protesters to block the pipe lines.

It has nothing to do with traditional lands and all the other crap they spout off about, that's just smoking mirrors and it sounds good to the media, it has to do with money, more money and nothing but money.

The protesters get double paid, we as tax payers pay them every month through the welfare system and they get paid from ???? follow the money again, they have nothing else to do but sit there and get paid.

Just my humble opinion
Exactly! Follow the money.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:26 PM

So just curious how the rebel haters feel now that the RCMP are investigating what they found? You all jokes about it, but here we are and the RCMP are actually investigating a “tribal” group. Let that sink in, what have the RCMP done against any tribal group? The last time I remember force being used against a tribal group it was the Canadian forces in Oka babysitting the RCMP. This isn’t the nothing you guys belittled it to be.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
So just curious how the rebel haters feel now that the RCMP are investigating what they found? You all jokes about it, but here we are and the RCMP are actually investigating a “tribal” group. Let that sink in, what have the RCMP done against any tribal group? The last time I remember force being used against a tribal group it was the Canadian forces in Oka babysitting the RCMP. This isn’t the nothing you guys belittled it to be.
x2 Often I don't care for the Rebel's outrageous claims, but often there's something under that rock they've flipped, - and I'm glad to have them out there! I think the CBC exaggerates just as much, and outright lies more than the Rebel - just for the other team. As taxpayers fund the CBC, I make the odd donation to the Rebel to even up the playing field - I'd like to see them stick around.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:53 AM

If you are a Chief, then you can demonstrate that you have the support of the "?Tribe?".

There are ELECTED Chiefs who can demonstrate that the majority of the Constituents of the Tribe have agreed to follow the ELECTED Chief as their representative.

Why is the Media and the Government so STUPID?

It is a simple matter for the so called "Hereditary Chief" to demonstrate that the majority of the recognized First Nations Members in fact recognize the First Nations Chief and Council as their Leaders.

What is more analogous is some Mafia Family DON saying he is in fact the "Godfather" and not someone else. The Government of the USA, representing the Italian American Citizens, properly elected, said that the Government makes the law, not some Thug claiming representation of the Family line.

But you see that is the basic failing of Hereditary Chiefs in the 22nd Century. The Hereditary Chief is no more the Chief that the line of Stewart who were defeated by the Line of Windsor, in England.

Still, the Government decisions are made by the Parliament in England, and not the un elected Queen, whose ancestors ceded power to make government law starting with the Magna Carta.

In fact I have news for all of you. I now declare MYSELF the Hereditary Chief, because I say so.

Now show me the money so we can get this party started.

Drewski
Old 01-17-2020, 04:50 AM

That’s likely it Drewski, some were not invited to then party, it’s the haves and the have nots with some bands.
And it’s a nat gas pipeline, not oil. Same gas that heats most all our homes.
So when the protests break up for the day, follow each protester home, and turn off their gas.
They can burn wood if they don’t already.

TBark