Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-21-2002, 06:58 PM
The SYSTEM

Default The SYSTEM

I'm calling to check the status of my PAL the system always kicks me off due to heavy caller volume. The machive advises that during the week is peak therefore the week end isn't right?? This morning I start calling at 8am, system says they are closed but open from 10am-6pm. Not sure what time zone they are refering to I call again at 9 still closed at 10 I get kicked off due to heavy call volume at 5.30pm I call and am informed they are closed. Has any one out there used this system to talk to an actual person?? If so hand over their ext#. I know they've got my info(registered mail) and I want to harass er talk with and offical govt employee about certain concerns and issues I have. To date every thing I've learned concerning pal and registration comes from private citizens and since none of them has received any of the 12 billion(right?) I'd like to talk with a salaried expert just to ease my mind. Thanks
Old 09-22-2002, 09:41 AM
Don Meredith

Lazy Ike,

I gave up trying to contact the Firearms Centre by telephone long ago. I have found the best route to be e-mail. Although it takes a few days for a response, they do respond. Don't ask all your questions in one message, break them out into several messages, maybe spread over a few days. That way they won't skip some answers, and you'll likely get the information you require. Be as specific as possible.

Of course, it's always better to talk to a human being, but I have a feeling they are very understaffed these days.

Good luck!

Don
Old 09-22-2002, 10:12 AM
The system

Default The system

Thanks Don, sad to say I just might type better than I talk anyway.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:28 AM
How long oh lord??

Default How long oh lord??

I'm three months in and still no Pal, I finally talked to a rep after holding for 3/4 of an hour; she said my had been received and had been sent to Edmonton for approval she then informed me it could be another three months before I see my PAL. I mentioned that if I actually owned fire arms this would put me in something of a predicament as this puts me past the registration deadline. "Thats not our problem sir." Now I will admit that I dragged my ass on this but we're talking about a seven month turnaround!! A friend I took the course with mailed his a week after I sent mine(priority) and he got his back in 6 weeks; of course his came back from N.B. for some reason.
Old 11-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Alberta Firearms Centre Contact

Default Alberta Firearms Centre Contact

Hi.. I had a similar problem, once it is sent to Alberta, the gentleman in Edmonton who holds your PAL (I think he is the Alberta/BC "Canadian Firearms Officer" at any rate his name is Morris Sawchuck 1-780-495-7964
hope this helps..
Old 11-19-2002, 09:22 AM
the system

Default the system

thanks I hope you're on the payroll
Old 12-01-2002, 12:48 AM
The little box

Default The little box

I had sent in my pal application in early Oct. and got a letter back from them &*^%*s a couple days ago. Seems I failed to check a little tiny box on the form that indicates I do not have a previous spouse or common-law partner. The freekin box was so small (smaller than Allen Rocks brain) I guess I didn't see it. So I check the NA box on a photocopy they sent allong and fill in an additional sheet and send it off before the ink drys. Today some person calls to say I didn't send enough money along with the form. I have to call them back to find out what kind of additional hoops I must jump through.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:41 AM
The system

Default The system

Well feb 2/03 rolls around and I got a follow up phone call on an e-mail I sent in august asking if I've found out any info in regards to my PAL. I actually got my pal in Nov and an e-mail response in OCT. I'm expecting a foolow up phone call some time in june to see if received a follow up phone call. I'm begining to suspect that the fella who set up the can tire parts counter helped with this system, I'll know for sure if they ask if I have airconditioning on that twelve guage.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:01 AM
sirmike68

Default Check out this link!

Check out this link from the NRA.

www.nralive.org/story.cfm?id=2519
Old 02-04-2003, 11:47 PM
PAL

Default PAL

I sent mine in at the beginning of December. I phoned the office a couple of days ago and the lady says that my name isn't even in the system yet. She says they're processing from about Christmas time. Well I'm a bit worried to say the least. If my friggin PAL isn't here by bear season I will absolutely SNAAAPPPP.

Shrubs