Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-05-2003, 11:21 AM
Brady

Default 30 days or else

Anybody else get the threatening email from Mirimichi saying that we either have to dispose of all illegal firearms or we only have 30 days to get them registered. Wow I thought the end of June was more then 30 days away. That just proves how these ********s think.......they don't. Me thinks I will be waiting untill June 30 to comply.. if I do at all.

>: :evil
Brady
Old 03-06-2003, 01:35 AM
Shrubski

Never got that letter yet. I wouldn't worry to much about them bastards out east. We need a referendum.

Shrubs
Old 03-06-2003, 09:31 AM
Kodiak

Didn't get that one yet, however I just got another set of registration forms in the mail that have to be filled out before 01/01/2003. I'm not sure I'll make that deadline. >D

Still waiting for the Grizz draw. I guess I can't go now even if I'm drawn. :lol

Kod.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:09 AM
Turney

I got the same e-mail on monday. So i guess I'm going to fall victim like everyone else and register my guns. If I didn't need them for work I still would of bucked the system, DAM them Liberals.
About the grizzly draw i phone yesterday and found out they were just stuffing the envelopes, so next week we will know.
Turney
Old 03-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Get stuffed

Default Get stuffed

Speaking of "stuffing" I just hit return and typed in GET STUFFED and sent it back east. I didn't give them any dead line to do it though.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:39 AM
REGISTER OR ELSE - W

Default REGISTER OR ELSE - WHAT?

I got the same note as below what they're really saying here: We need to receive your completed application within 30 days To allow ample time to fully process your application, obtain any additional information we may need, register your firearms and issue your registration certificates.. There's no or else!.. just a scare tactic.. you've still got til June 30 to register as per the announcement in January.. they're just concerned about their system not being able to handle the load, as for myself I am waiting until someone is actually convicted of a charge before registering, chances are almost nil it will be me they prosecute.. for gosh sakes there's people going to the police station regularly trying to get charged for this. So I will wait and see and no 30 day notice will change that. Here's the note::evil

Dear firearm owner,

This message acknowledges receipt of an e-mail you sent to the Canadian Firearms Centre (CFC) in the past few months.

By law, all firearms in Canada had to be registered by January 1, 2003. If you have already applied to register ALL your firearms, please disregard this email. If you have not yet applied to register all your firearms, there are now two options available to you:

Dispose of your unwanted firearms

You may apply to transfer your firearms to a properly licensed individual or business, including a museum. Or, you may contact your local police service to arrange for safe disposal of your firearms.

OR

Register your firearms without delay

Our on-line application has been reactivated. Apply to register all your firearms on-line at HYPERLINK "www.cfc.gc.ca/"http://www.cfc.gc.ca On-line registration is FREE and available 24 hours a day. You will receive an immediate confirmation of receipt of your application.

To allow ample time to fully process your application, obtain any additional information we may need, register your firearms and issue your registration certificates, we need to receive your completed application within 30 days of the date of this e-mail.

If you need more information, please call 1 800 731-4000 or refer to the chart posted under Registration Information Application/Fees on the home page of our website at HYPERLINK "www.cfc.gc.ca/"http://www.cfc.gc.ca

Due to the large number of e-mails we have received in the past few months, we have not been able to answer each one individually. If we have not adequately answered your previous questions, please let us know by e-mailing us at canadian.firearms@justice.gc.ca.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Registrar of Firearms
Old 03-06-2003, 11:43 AM
also..

Default also..

The notes not even signed by anyone and it comes from efal whoever that is.. maybe someone stole the list and this is all just a prank :\

just my 2 ozs of buckshot:lol
Old 03-06-2003, 08:20 PM
JSBiskup

Default Re: also..

Maybe a little off topic but I unfortunately registered my firearms end of Dec. I had one rifle without a serial number so they sent me a sticker to place on the rifle. The sticker looks great blued. Where was the thought behind that?

John.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Dick284

Default Re: also..

I registerd at the end of Dec. also, still have heard nothing, good thing I printed my submission request form before I exited. If all else fails and I still get nothing I have proof positive I did everthing a reasonable person could do. Should make for a interesting court case don't you think.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:15 PM
2Kawabungas

Default Registering Firearms

:rolleyes

Firearms? What firearms?
Just because I have a licence doesn't mean I have a gun!

:rollin
Old 03-12-2003, 04:57 AM
this from another fo

Default this from another forum

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:04 pm Post subject: Reply to CFC's illegal ultimatum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's is the letter from one of my friends, in response to CFC's ill advised letter:

"To whom it may concern,

Please take note that Minister Cauchon has given firearms owners 6 additional months to complete the registration of their firearms. You should be ashamed by your e-mail that is misleading and puts undue pressure on honest citizens. You are going beyond the law in asking honest people to comply without giving them the proper information. I did not know our government was willing to lie to and mislead its own citizens. As I can see, you are willing to use any means to reach your goals. Now, I know how far you can go. Thank you for opening up my eyes.
But let me make it clear, YOU ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW. The law is not yours. You are supposed to enforce it, not interpret it. It's no wonder that firearms owners do not trust you and you just proved to me that they are right in doing so.

You want to save face because to know that this system will never work. You need statistics to get the funding you need to pursue this venture that will not reduce the crime rate in our society. You know it and I know it. Your only goal is to remove legally owned guns from the hands of the population. You want to create a police state. But before you can do so, you will have to say it openly and then, the whole population will know. Fortunately, there are provisions in our political system for people like you. An election is never farther than 4 years away, and politicians control the bureaucrats and the police authorities, at least for the time being.

I will forward a copy of your email to Minister Cauchon for his review. I may put forward a formal complaint to the appropriate authorities too.

Jean Dupré
Gun owner and honest citizen
St-Lazare (Quebec)

P.S. I have already registered all of my firearms."

If every gun owner sends a letter like this to the CFC bureaucrats, the PM's bureau and Mr. Martin Cauchon's, telling them we are awaiting them with our voting bulletin in hand, I'm sure this will reach out and touch them at the most sensitive place...
PP.
canadiangunnutz.com/viewt...f6a1bae5f0