Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-31-2003, 05:54 PM
rem270

Default True Facts

Start with Licensing and end with Confiscation

www.lufa.ca/

I'm buying all new.They might take what I work for but they will never no or take what I inherit.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:42 AM
confiscation

Default confiscation

This registry thing is BS we all know that but nobody is going to try and mass confiscate guns. Think about it, all the non compliant gun owners aside those of us who did register did so because we have or want to have guns. We are law abiding citizens who happen to be armed and very passionate about our weapons. The words "Pry them out of my cold dead hands!" said by a million law abiding Canadians makes confiscation eqivilant to civil war.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:36 PM
One problem, Ike

Default One problem, Ike

The problem is Ike, a lot of people would just hand them over as soon as the government declared them illegal.

When the government introduced the PAL/POL concept, everyone should have said NO. If that would have happened...if NO ONE would have applied, things would be different today. However, a few people sign up, then more, then more until you get to the point where the firearms community is divided and subsequently conquered.

If folks didn't/couldn't say NO at the early stage when all that was required was to refuse to fill out a piece of paper, I doubt it will be any different later when the chips are down and armed resistance is necessary. Sadly, I don't think 1 million+ people in this country have that sort of resolve given what has transpired so far.

Too bad.....but I hope you're right.