Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-13-2023, 10:42 PM

Default STOLEN Blind/ Chairs for Kids to hunt in

Last year I acquired some permission close to Edmonton that I could take my 12 and 10 year old children to set up a blind and hunt out of. The landowner stated that it was me and another elderly gentlemen who had permission on the piece of property. He gave me the other guys phone number to call him as to not having a cross over who hunted the piece on the same day. Everything worked out and after a couple of sits my 12 year old son harvested his first whitetail buck with his best friend videoing the whole hunt. PROUD DAD CONGRATS BUDDY.

Fast forward to this season. I left my blind, chair and NO TRESPASSING SIGNS that the land owner and I put up last season as he had guys driving all over his field by people who did not have permission . My son went out to check on the blind, trim some trees and when we arrived at the blind location NO BLIND, NO CHAIRS and all the sign have been ripped down that the land owner purchased. My son looks at me and says " Dad who would do something like this? Why would someone steal our blind, our chairs and the all the signs?

Yes it is my fault to not have removed the blind after last seasons hunting but THE NO TRESPASSING, SIGNS COME ON GUYS. And you wonder why land owners are getting more sticky about giving permission even to good people let alone thief's. Just an upset father looking for blind and chair so I can take my kids out again this season to enjoy some quality time in the field.

Mighty Buck
Old 09-14-2023, 06:43 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

That’s really too bad but this season I would do the same and take my stuff home after cuz as you know there are arseholes out there.

Hope you guys have a great season, good luck.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-14-2023, 07:31 AM

Woulda shoulda coulda, have taken your stuff out at seasons end and it would still be set up ...it's gone not but you shouldn't have had to remove it . Very few people left to trust. I had similar experience with my son, lost 2 treestands and a home made bale type ground blind that was a ton of work to make , never even got a chance to sit it ...all on private property. My only advice is take stuff out with you when you go , build a natural type blind that is left and all you need is your chairs..best of luck to you this season.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2023, 07:58 AM

Default STOLEN Blind/ Chairs for Kids to hunt in

So sorry to hear about what happened to your equipment.

Every one of these incidents is a reminder that there are self-entitled people out there, who don’t have a shred of common decency. Heaven forbid someone touches any of THEIR stuff though.

Trail cameras are getting a lot more affordable lately. I’m beginning to think that a camera to watch your stuff, and another to watch the camera might be required.

There could be a chance that the landowner even would recognize the perpetrators. Some good-old rural community shaming would be in order.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:49 AM

Man that sucks!

Been through the same thing this year, and know the feeling.

Sorry about your loss...
Old 09-14-2023, 09:05 AM

With the headaches I hear every year with private property and trespassers in Alberta there needs to be stiffer penalties maybe
Old 09-14-2023, 09:15 AM

I've got a small pop up blind, dont use it much anymore you can have it if you want it, nothing wrong with it, but won't be Edmonton way until October.
Old 09-14-2023, 09:18 AM

Like shoot on sight!
Old 09-14-2023, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
And you wonder why land owners are getting more sticky about giving permission even to good people let alone thief's.
I do wonder. Don't you want the guys asking permission on the land vs the guys who don't ask, just go anyway, and steal whatever they can find?

Sorry about your stuff. Getting robbed sucks.
Old 09-14-2023, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
Last year I acquired some permission close to Edmonton that I could take my 12 and 10 year old children to set up a blind and hunt out of. The landowner stated that it was me and another elderly gentlemen who had permission on the piece of property. He gave me the other guys phone number to call him as to not having a cross over who hunted the piece on the same day. Everything worked out and after a couple of sits my 12 year old son harvested his first whitetail buck with his best friend videoing the whole hunt. PROUD DAD CONGRATS BUDDY.

Fast forward to this season. I left my blind, chair and NO TRESPASSING SIGNS that the land owner and I put up last season as he had guys driving all over his field by people who did not have permission . My son went out to check on the blind, trim some trees and when we arrived at the blind location NO BLIND, NO CHAIRS and all the sign have been ripped down that the land owner purchased. My son looks at me and says " Dad who would do something like this? Why would someone steal our blind, our chairs and the all the signs?

Yes it is my fault to not have removed the blind after last seasons hunting but THE NO TRESPASSING, SIGNS COME ON GUYS. And you wonder why land owners are getting more sticky about giving permission even to good people let alone thief's. Just an upset father looking for blind and chair so I can take my kids out again this season to enjoy some quality time in the field.

Mighty Buck
Definitely a brutal situation but you obviously have learned what not to do.