Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-18-2018, 07:24 AM

Default SUFFIELD HUNT : Major Change to Access

https://mywildalberta.ca/hunting/gam...-elk-hunt.aspx

Important message regarding the CFB Suffield elk hunt
Recent changes to Canadian Forces Base Suffield’s access policy for the 2018 hunting season will restrict access to all persons under the age of 18 years of age. Anyone under the age of 18 who has been successfully drawn for this special licence opportunity, will unfortunately not be able to participate. As a result of this change in CFB’s access policy, affected 2018 special licence draws for elk will be cancelled, and the special licence draw priority for these hunters will be advanced one priority point.

An alternative option available to affected hunters is to select a hunting opportunity outside of WMU 732 (CFB Suffield) in the surrounding WMUs (124, 128, 142, 144, 148, 150). The following season dates are available:

October 25 to November 16
November 17 to December 20
January 1 to January 30, 2019
If you wish to take advantage of one of these alternative opportunities, please contact AEPLicensing@gov.ab.ca before October 25 and arrangements will be made to transfer the special licence to one of these hunt options. Please note, if you choose this option, priority points will not be restored.

Cancellation of a licence authorization will also allow you to purchase you General Elk Licence and allow you to purchase a remaining undersubscribed elk special licence opportunity.

Please note that Alberta Environment and Parks does not control access restrictions to CFB Suffield – These decisions are made in the interest of public safety, any concerns regarding this decision can be directed to CFB Suffield.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:22 PM

Default Suffield tag

Wow! That’s great news for youth. I’d rather have a draw outside the base on those dates! Some kids are going to smash a few crackers this year!
Old 10-18-2018, 10:46 PM

In that case... if anyone has a son or daughter that got drawn that decides to get a tag for whatever draw code corresponds to wmu 128, send me a pm and I’ll set you up with landowner names and numbers where I have been seeing tons of elk!
Old 10-19-2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterrootfly View Post
In that case... if anyone has a son or daughter that got drawn that decides to get a tag for whatever draw code corresponds to wmu 128, send me a pm and I’ll set you up with landowner names and numbers where I have been seeing tons of elk!
Nice....class act.👍
Old 10-19-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
Nice....class act.��
You got that right , Very Nice , well done!
Old 10-19-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
Nice....class act.👍
You sir, are a class act!
Old 10-19-2018, 08:23 AM

Awesome you are a class act. Good for you.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:47 AM

If I'm not mistaken the tags that would be available are undersubscribed cow elk only.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:39 AM

I have a list of landowners & phone numbers from 2015 that I would be glad to pass on to any youth shortchanged in the Base rule change. Mostly east and North side of the base but nice people. I bet you mention your kid got shafted by a rule change and these landowners will open the gates for your kid. Pm me.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinthedream View Post
If I'm not mistaken the tags that would be available are undersubscribed cow elk only.
That’s fine I have found a couple areas that have cows and bulls every time I’m in them and still would be happy to help someone with an elk tag in this unit, maybe I’ll rephrase and extend the offer to anyone with an elk tag in wmu 128, pm me and I’ll gladly hep you out!