Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-15-2008, 09:20 PM

Default Mathews DXT

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried out the newest from Mathews yet? I just sold my Drenalin and will probably be purchasing the DXT in the next month. Any opinions would be appreciated. Is there anything else out there on the market that a guy should also be looking at? I've only ever shot Mathews (Outback, Switchback, and Drenalin), but would be open to another brand if warranted.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:04 AM

im most likely headed down to calgary from edmonton to Calgary Archery Center to check out some bows. In the mood to get yet another compound.

gonna be looking at Bowtech, Diamond, and PSE for sure.

if you dont mind me asking, why did you sell the Drenalin so soon? Has that bow not been on the market that long yet?

Last edited by Alberta Bigbore; 02-16-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Banned

your worse than me...thats a new one every year...i try to wait at least two or 3 yrs lol....started with a Legacy and bypassed the outback(but it was close) then got the switchback xt and the dang drenalin came out...but i resisted....anyhow...i might be able to fend off the temptation on the dxt too....just to see what they come up with in the next year or two...plus just need more blood on my switchback before i let her go...i thought i was a mathews junky...

i'd probably choose the dxt over everything else right now...but i'd look into the bowtechs just to rule them out forsure
Old 02-16-2008, 09:57 AM

No other reason than that the DXT is new. I sold my Switchback to my Dad when he was just getting into bowhunting in Saskatchewan. He didn't want to spend a lot of money on his first bow so I gave him a hell of a deal. Then me Drenalin was sold to a good sheep hunting friend of mine who I wanted to get involved in the spring bear hunt. Didn't give him such a good deal, but when I first saw the DXT I wanted it pretty bad. I've bought all my Mathews gear from Whitetail Ridge in DeBolt, but this year it doesn't seem like work will taking me up there to make the purchase.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:15 PM

Default dxt Vs. Drenalin

i am looking to purchase my first bow. I am considering the dxt, Drenalin and APS momba. What would do you guys recommend? what would be the difference in performance, accuracy, shootability between the longer or shorter bow? I have been told they are all good. i guess the best bet would be to shoot em and see what i like best. Any other words of wisdom for a rookie?

Alberta Resident Hunters for Justice
http://www.arhj.org
Old 02-16-2008, 03:43 PM

brn you answered your own question. Go to a good archery center and get measured properly for draw length then shoot as many bows as you can, find one that feels right for you. Everyone is different and will shoot a bow different. What shoots good for one person may not for another.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:42 PM

Default Dxt

I just bought the DXT and love it. It shoots great, it is light, it is short and it hardly makes a sound

Trev
Old 02-28-2008, 06:54 PM

Haven't seen the DXT..............I have to check that out soon. I've been downloading quite a few of my bows lately (5 of them in the past few months). I might have my Mathews Outback up for sale soon too? I've got two new bows on the way...........BowTech Guardian and Martin Moab.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:59 PM

Just bought one...tried all the Bowtechs and this one won the battle. Smooth & fast in a little package.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:09 PM

Default Dxt

Just got mine in last week and its great...very smooth.