Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2019, 10:17 PM

Default Shots fired after citizen cavalry tracks stolen vehicles to property near Hanna

Two men and a woman face charges in connection to vehicle and property thefts and RCMP officials have expressed their gratitude to the rural residents who assisted in apprehending the suspects.

In the early morning hours of Thursday, January 17, the driver of a truck failed to stop for members of the Brooks RCMP detachment. The suspect vehicle was observed a short time later near Pollockville and Hanna RCMP began to receive complaints of fuel thefts from rural properties in the area.

According to police, the truck was determined to be stolen and was involved in the theft of a second truck from a garage on a farm near the community of Scapa.

An undisclosed number of citizens who live nearby tracked the two stolen trucks to another rural location where one of the trucks had become stuck in the snow and the other truck was attempting to free it. One of the residents fired two shots into the air to prevent an altercation with the suspects.

RCMP members responded to the property and arrested the three suspects. The two stolen trucks were located at the scene and additional items, believed to be unlawfully gained, were seized.

As a result of the investigation, three people face charges:

36-year-old Jesse James Den Hollander of Sherwood Park, Alberta
30-year-old Jimmy Delane Morsette of Red Deer, Alberta
19-year-old Angela Lewis of Ponoka, Alberta
The charges against the accused include:

Possession of stolen property over $5,000
Theft under $5,000 Break and Enter with intent to commit an indictable offence
The two men are also accused of breaching court imposed conditions

All three of the suspects remain in custody. Morisette and Lewis are scheduled to make their respective court appearances in February, while Den Hollander is slated to appear in Hanna Provincial Court on April 23.

RCMP officials have thanked the residents for their assistance that resulted in the arrests but discourages citizens from approaching or pursuing suspected criminals and putting themselves at risk.

I love this kind of news!
Old 01-25-2019, 10:34 PM

Maybe the RCMP have finally realized that it's in their best interests to stop ****ing off law abiding citizens by arresting them for defending their property.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2019, 12:49 AM

Meth heads at it again. A buddy of mine works for the Alberta Hospital, he said the number of patients admitted with suspected meth-induced mental illnesses (primary psychosis) has skyrocketed.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:54 AM

I work on a acute medical/psychiatry unit at the Peter Lougheed Hospital. Actually on a 12 hour night shift as I type. But I can say from substantial personal experience that within the last 3 to 4 years, the number of patients admitted with methamphetamine induced delirium/psychosis has skyrocketed. Our unit sees many of these patients. They try my patience.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:39 AM

Jesse Denhollander:

https://edmontonsun.com/2016/10/18/m...f-8d4fa647d5c5

Jimmy Morsette:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4183253/a...home-invasion/

Where's that revolving door smiley...
Old 01-26-2019, 06:57 AM

It's no surprise that they have criminal records. Our catch and release legal system does nothing to discourage scum like this. We need to bring back old school prisons and hard labor to deal with these animals.

As for the citizens great job, but I am surprised that with shots being fired, none of them were charged.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:05 AM

Think of the bright side, judges and lawyers will get to draw large sums of cash to keep the system going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 01-26-2019, 07:12 AM

Doing meth, stealing vehicles, trying to acquire firearms. Yep, it's a classic cry for help. We as a society are at fault here, obviously. These aren't criminals, they are actually the victims. It's the system that makes them that way, through no fault of there own. It takes a sensitive type of PM to make real fact based policy decisions to get this fixed. It's going to take some funding though. And the law abiding may have to be infringed on a bit when their guns are banned. But it's all going to be for the best. Diversity is our strength.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-26-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Doing meth, stealing vehicles, trying to acquire firearms. Yep, it's a classic cry for help. We as a society are at fault here, obviously. These aren't criminals, they are actually the victims. It's the system that makes them that way, through no fault of there own. It takes a sensitive type of PM to make real fact based policy decisions to get this fixed. It's going to take some funding though. And the law abiding may have to be infringed on a bit when their guns are banned. But it's all going to be for the best. Diversity is our strength.

And anyone that threatens or injures one of these poor victims, should be treated very harshly, as they are the real criminals. Keeping legal firearms sway from Canadians will help to ensure that law abiding citizens don't harm these poor people.

And the sad part, is that there are actually people that believe this nonsense.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:43 AM

How many criminals get caught by ranchers in the special areas and the police don't get called?
There is alot of country down there.
I wonder if the ground being frozen had anything to do with the call to police?
Old 01-26-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTrekr View Post
Jesse Denhollander:

Jimmy Morsette:

17 mounts for multiple crimes involving firearms?
Just wonder if there is any KPI for judges? Or how they actually assess their job?
Old 01-26-2019, 08:53 AM

Excuses are running out for coddling this thieving drug culture that governments continue to legalize and enable.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And anyone that threatens or injures one of these poor victims, should be treated very harshly, as they are the real criminals. Keeping legal firearms sway from Canadians will help to ensure that law abiding citizens don't harm these poor people.

And the sad part, is that there are actually people that believe this nonsense.
Well said
Old 01-26-2019, 09:05 AM

Maybe the Alberta Government should combine their Justice Ministry and Fisheries Department. It seems like their catch and release systems are pretty well parallel!‼️
Old 01-26-2019, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Jesse Denhollander:

Jimmy Morsette:

and another: https://medicinehatnews.com/news/loc...d-crime-spree/
Old 01-26-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailraat View Post
Maybe the RCMP have finally realized that it's in their best interests to stop ****ing off law abiding citizens by arresting them for defending their property.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Sadly, according to the news report I saw last night, the RCMP has not yet decided if charges will be brought against any of the 'law abiding citizens'. The investigation is still on going.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Jesse Denhollander:

Jimmy Morsette:

There's something fishy going on here, how could a person on probation commit a crime? My understanding is the time was served these people should be rehabilitated.
Must be fake news.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

Life gives you choices,you take the good road or the bad it's up to you.If your to lazy or strung out don't pass the buck to the ones who took the good road.

The only cry for help should be instead of feeding them 3 meals a day down to one and a sh-----T kicken once a week.And the ones that think there crying out for help get robbed once a week or hold you hostage ,then you would see the romance and cuddling come to and end.

These guys when in jail for the winter which many enjoy get in shape, eat well,get better medical doctors then the working folks and then when they do come out in the spring there are all ready to go one more round.To lazy to work for rent so lets get caught and enjoy our winter.You think meth heads are going to stop because of some gear box as our pm ,your on the wrong page.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:56 AM

I would like to see offshore "rehabilitation centers" for these crooks. You know like we buy cheap services from call centers in other parts of the world, we could select the lowest bids from places outside our country to temporarily house our criminal element. Only requirement would be some kind of food, some kind of shelter, some kind of medical, and they would be required to work at something over there to pay for their way back if and when they got a release.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
I would like to see offshore "rehabilitation centers" for these crooks. You know like we buy cheap services from call centers in other parts of the world, we could select the lowest bids from places outside our country to temporarily house our criminal element. Only requirement would be some kind of food, some kind of shelter, some kind of medical, and they would be required to work at something over there to pay for their way back if and when they got a release.
They could be employed as chum by deep sea fishing charters!
Old 01-26-2019, 10:20 AM
Banned

Wait a second. Why is everyone ok with making judgements on this story but when it's an outfitter we want to wait for the jury and trial to make any judgements.

Hilarious!!

Dont these people deserve the same benefit as the outfitters??
Old 01-26-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Wait a second. Why is everyone ok with making judgements on this story but when it's an outfitter we want to wait for the jury and trial to make any judgements.

Hilarious!!

Oddly enough, most people are more hesitant to assume guilt when dealing with people being accused for the first time, as opposed to people with previous criminal convictions. The longer the criminal record, the more likely people are to assume guilt. That is just human nature.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:

Hilarious!!

No!, obviously guilty Meth heads do not deserve ANY benefits. None.

I never gave the outfitter any thought until I know what happened,do you have a problem with that?
Old 01-26-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Oddly enough, most people are more hesitant to assume guilt when dealing with people being accused for the first time, as opposed to people with previous criminal convictions. The longer the criminal record, the more likely people are to assume guilt. That is just human nature.
And when they’re apprehended by a group of hard working citizens and neighbors who would have much rather been going about their normal days it were forced into having to protect their homes and livelihoods there’s a rather minuscule (read: subatomic particle sized) chance of innocence of the accused.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
They could be employed as chum by deep sea fishing charters!
Lol this would definitely cause big change for criminals, and would free up a lot jail cell space,though for some this would be to good,like Manson and Bundy for instance.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Life gives you choices,you take the good road or the bad it's up to you.If your to lazy or strung out don't pass the buck to the ones who took the good road.

The only cry for help should be instead of feeding them 3 meals a day down to one and a sh-----T kicken once a week.And the ones that think there crying out for help get robbed once a week or hold you hostage ,then you would see the romance and cuddling come to and end.

These guys when in jail for the winter which many enjoy get in shape, eat well,get better medical doctors then the working folks and then when they do come out in the spring there are all ready to go one more round.To lazy to work for rent so lets get caught and enjoy our winter.You think meth heads are going to stop because of some gear box as our pm ,your on the wrong page.
You did realize that my post was absolutely dripping with sarcasm, right? I don't think I could have dripped any more without getting a warning, or vacation. I will try harder next time. Maybe mention smudging ceremonies and healing lodges.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-26-2019, 03:39 PM

If the RCMP did their jobs (without political interference), this wouldn't even be a story...fact is, people are p**sed off and tired of waiting for the cavalry which, unfortunately never comes or if they do, come a few hours to late.
If these law abiding citizens get charged I will no longer support the RCMP.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
No!, obviously guilty Meth heads do not deserve ANY benefits. None.

I never gave the outfitter any thought until I know what happened,do you have a problem with that?
Its amusing to see people defend outfitters charged with serious crimes but then demand a car thief gets all that they deserve before a trials even happened.

One would assume that poachers would be hated worst then a petty meth head/car thief. Guess not.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Its amusing to see people defend outfitters charged with serious crimes but then demand a car thief gets all that they deserve before a trials even happened.

One would assume that poachers would be hated worst then a petty meth head/car thief. Guess not.
Poachers are definitely awful: they steal from the general public. Methed up car thieves are far worse as their crimes have far greater effect on their victims and they often resort to violence during break-ins or car-jackings. Of course this also applies to any violence they might commit when victims & citizens take it upon themselves to conduct citizens arrests or simple resistance to being victimized. I thing you need to re-evaluate the pecking order of degeneracy that the two fall into. Of course they might also be in both categories so there's that too, but I think that assaulting humans and stealing their sources of income (truck, farm equipment, etc) or other hard earned possessions is quite a bit worse.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:

No one hates poachers more than i do, trust me they can be dealt with, meth heads on the other hand are an incurable plague that wont stop spreading...it's so much worse than you know, just wait until it shows up on your doorstep.

Wait until you witness a loved one catch the plague...