Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2019, 09:04 AM

Default Telemarking CRTC complaints for no call list

Just submitted my first complaint. Anyone else submit one and if so what happened?

https://lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en#forConsumers

The number that keeps calling us is 7807021508

Lots of online complaints. From not answering to saying they are a utility to making odd attempts to say they are doing a survey.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-27-2019, 09:30 AM

I like takin the calls, I give em a few seconds then give a short blast from my air horn

TONS' OF FUN
Old 01-27-2019, 09:39 AM

No teeth to the No Call list, why other complaining ? Most of these outfits are outside the country and beyond reach. Sales calls are now "surveys", which is legal. Fun and games is the best answer.

Grizz

Last edited by Grizzly Adams; 01-27-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:45 AM

I don't think the DNCL can do anything about the calls originating from out of country. I am on the DNCL and still get calls--mostly from "Jason", who wants to fix my "windows". I finally blocked the number.

Yesterday I got 4 calls from Westjet--I won a trip!--all different numbers, but all from Eastern Alberta-Lloydminster, Cold Lake, Kitscotty and Vermillion.

I'd would like to know how they can route their calls through Alberta numbers.

I have even received calls FROM MY OWN NUMBER! How the "HEdoublehockey" sticks does that happen???
Old 01-27-2019, 10:01 AM

They wouldn't try to sell you things over the telephone unless people bought things over the telephone.
If you ever hear of someone you know buying from a telemarketer, poke them in the eye.
Even if your cable company, who you already deal with, offers you a better package for less money, tell them no, you dont deal on phone calls.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:09 AM

just use call blocking every time. lots of them are repeats.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-Eyes View Post
I have even received calls FROM MY OWN NUMBER! How the "HEdoublehockey" sticks does that happen???
I’ve had that at least once as well, which gives you a pretty decent hint that whatever they’re selling, you don’t want to buy. I notice that they will try to make the call display note a number with a local prefix, most of the time when I get a call from a # that has my area code and same first three digits (6/10th’s of my #) it’s a phone solicitor.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:41 AM

If I don't recognize a number or if I don't feel like having some fun I let the answering machine pick up.

The no call list is a joke it's unlikely you will ever hear from them.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Just submitted my first complaint. Anyone else submit one and if so what happened?

https://lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en#forConsumers

The number that keeps calling us is 7807021508

Lots of online complaints. From not answering to saying they are a utility to making odd attempts to say they are doing a survey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I’ve had that at least once as well, which gives you a pretty decent hint that whatever they’re selling, you don’t want to buy. I notice that they will try to make the call display note a number with a local prefix, most of the time when I get a call from a # that has my area code and same first three digits (6/10th’s of my #) it’s a phone solicitor.

The DNCL is useless. People get the list and then proceed to call all the numbers on it because they know they are valid. There is pretty much 0 enforcement and the fines are peanuts to the scammers that do get fined.

When they phone from a "local" number they are simply spoofing a local number to try and get people to answer. There are many different ways of doing this and it is LEGAL in Canada. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing although apparently they are supposed to be blocking those calls by the end of the year. "On December 19, 2018, the CRTC announced that beginning December 19, 2019, phone providers must block all calls with IDs that "[purport] to originate from telephone numbers that do not conform to established numbering plans"
Old 01-27-2019, 04:17 PM

When my phone rings, i check the number, if I don’t recognize it, it goes to voice mail. If no message is left, i block it. the end.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
"On December 19, 2018, the CRTC announced that beginning December 19, 2019, phone providers must block all calls with IDs that "[purport] to originate from telephone numbers that do not conform to established numbering plans"
What?!!!!!! Now tell me, how am I going to talk to my buddy Raj about what his Mamma does to me?