Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2021, 04:35 PM

Default Trail to Lille Ghost town

Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone has tried to quad to Lille Ghost town in Crowsnest Pass yet this spring? Tried to get to York creek plane crash today, but still too much snow. Hoping the south-facing exposure is better.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:05 PM

It’s definitely WAY too early for the plane crash. I also know that rubber tired vehicles are not allowed on any snowmobile trails until May 1 in the pass. That’s right from the CrowSnow Riders website. Lille is more like a road in so not sure about that one.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:16 PM

Yea.... no ones playing attention to that rule.

McGilvwry flats got turned into a mud bog last week.

Rules with no enforcement.....
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 04-08-2021, 05:34 PM

Saw some pics of some nasty rutted up trails. I’m not a sledder, but I’d be pi$$ed if I was! There was a trailer hauled partway up York Creek somewhere and abandoned in the middle of the road apparently.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:43 AM

I've been to the plane crash twice in 2 years. The first time in Canada Day Weekend. Most of it was still under snow. only the tail section in the trees was readily viewable. Last year we went in August. Way more of it was open to viewing. All up and down the creek bed.
Where is the Ghost Town? I've never heard of it, and we are going back there this year. Neat to have another destination to ride to.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Yea.... no ones playing attention to that rule.

McGilvwry flats got turned into a mud bog last week.

Rules with no enforcement.....
We started out our week in McGilvery.... gong show. Only lasted 2 nights and we had to move on.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nast70 View Post
I've been to the plane crash twice in 2 years. The first time in Canada Day Weekend. Most of it was still under snow. only the tail section in the trees was readily viewable. Last year we went in August. Way more of it was open to viewing. All up and down the creek bed.
Where is the Ghost Town? I've never heard of it, and we are going back there this year. Neat to have another destination to ride to.
Google ghost town “Lille”. It’s just up from the frank slide interpretive center, and a bit west. Do some research, as there’s conflicting reports on where it’s located online. We haven’t tried to find it yet.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander44 View Post
Google ghost town “Lille”. It’s just up from the frank slide interpretive center, and a bit west. Do some research, as there’s conflicting reports on where it’s located online. We haven’t tried to find it yet.
Found it on AllTrails website. Its a bit of a hike from where we usually camp, but my may just take a day and check out that whole North of the highway side. Looks like lots of area to explore.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:11 PM

A nice hike up to Lille but a terrible place to quad to. Gold creek runs up there and you would need to cross it a couple of times. Its the trails like this that gives Quaders a bad name. The plane crash is absolutely devastated due to Quading. If you need to quad at least wait until things dry up as you will do way less damage than going in the spring when things are most fragile. Quads are awesome toys but in the mountains you unfortunately end up in the bottom of the valleys where the streams are.

Tags
quad