Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-08-2021, 09:19 AM

Default Opinions wanted on Ruger 10/22 Target rimfire

Prophet River has the Ruger 10/22 target rifles on special right now and they look like a nice rifle. I have owned several 10/22s over the years and am wondering if there is any advantage (accuracy wise) to upgrading to the target model. The online reviews are mixed so any real world experience would be appreciated.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:40 AM

A good friend has one, and it is far more accurate than the typical sporter models. He did have to polish the bolt a bit to get it to cycle target ammunition.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post
Prophet River has the Ruger 10/22 target rifles on special right now and they look like a nice rifle. I have owned several 10/22s over the years and am wondering if there is any advantage (accuracy wise) to upgrading to the target model. The online reviews are mixed so any real world experience would be appreciated.
I was in a similar situation and went with a Dlask TUF 22 (w/a magpul hunter stock). While my CZ 457 LRP is slightly more accurate, the Dlask is lighter, shorter and way more fun to shoot. I believe it would easily outperform the Ruger factory products, and with a carbon barrel it certainly looks nicer!
Old 04-09-2021, 09:22 AM

If you want true target grade accuracy, the 10/22 is the wrong platform. If you just want a 10/22 that is a lot more accurate than a regular 10/22 for gopher shooting and informal practice that one is a good option. They also work well for offhand style sports like Silhouette, where the rifle is not the limiting factor in your ability to hold a tight group.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:20 AM

I've got the Ruger model 31120 competition 10-22 model out of custom shop. It is a great .22 .
I Dont compete , just shoot gophers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ruger 10-22.jpg (16.3 KB, 25 views)