Old 04-10-2021, 08:15 PM

Lets gettem fellas!!!!! GO OIL
Old 04-10-2021, 08:27 PM

Heyyyy Trochu....

Wanna bet on da game...?

I’ll put a bottle on the Oil.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 04-10-2021, 09:29 PM

Enuff now??!! Time to wake up here fellas?
Old 04-10-2021, 09:45 PM

Going to be one of those nights.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:48 PM

Happy to do’s bet there Bessie 😇

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Whelp..... I jus don wanna see injuries.

I can handle a nice boring 2-1 win if it ensures we don’t get any more injuries really.

Any Flame fans wanna make a bet??

I can’t seem to find the Flames thread any more

Lol
Old 04-10-2021, 09:57 PM

No jump tonight, 4 games in 6 days plus back and forth across the country plus the flames are hot tonight, oh well eventually it had to happen

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:03 PM

Okay. Lets make a game of it. Quick goal here
Old 04-10-2021, 10:03 PM

Default Ummm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Happy to do’s bet there Bessie 😇
At the start of the third???

Lil late methinks no?
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 04-10-2021, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
At the start of the third???

Lil late methinks no?
Calgary is looking for a a miracle in their town. Sure would be fun if it was the Oilers winning tonight.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:35 PM

Ok oil. Rally. We got this!
Old 04-10-2021, 10:36 PM
Banned

This is a great game for the Flames to showcase their trade bait in advance of the trade deadline. Monahan, Gaudreau and Gio look like snipers tonight.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:38 PM

A few days to regen.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:41 PM

I just chalk this one up to karma for all the trash talking that goes on around here. Nice shutout, the perfect balance to a proper butt kicking.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-10-2021, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I just chalk this one up to karma for all the trash talking that goes on around here. Nice shutout, the perfect balance to a proper butt kicking.
I thought that Oilers fans on here did a pretty good job of not kicking you Flamers while you were down. I know that I held back.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
You expect the Flames to receive praise on an Oilers thread ? Haven’t seen much of that for the Oil on the Flames thread. Just saying.

Part of what keeps it fun for fans is the banter back and forth. Gotta say though not much fun this year when the Flames out so early.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:

You forgot rocketing up the standings to close the gap to just 15 points.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:44 AM

I was one of those games that you just move on from, the Oilers had nothing in the tank after 4 games in 6 days plus travel, the fames had some jump and it showed.

Nothing about that game was indicative as how either team has played this year, we will see going forward, the Habs are on a skid and possibly if the flames could string together 6 or 7 wins they may have a shot at the last playoff spot, but they need lot's of help from other teams.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:16 AM

As much as I would like to see the Oilers win, they don’t have the depth. Beating teams like Ottawa over and over means nothing. If they can’t beat the flames either what will they do against team like Boston, Tampa Bay, et al. They are professional athletes and using the reason 4 games in 6 days plus travel makes you sound like you are whining and making excuses.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
You expect the Flames to receive praise on an Oilers thread ? Haven’t seen much of that for the Oil on the Flames thread. Just saying.

Part of what keeps it fun for fans is the banter back and forth. Gotta say though not much fun this year when the Flames out so early.
Praise? Heavens no. Continual trash talking and smirking yes. It's the Way. And, last night was Karma. It was a self explanatory statement, not a complaint.

So, when is the parade?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-11-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I thought that Oilers fans on here did a pretty good job of not kicking you Flamers while you were down. I know that I held back.
Ditto, could have been a lot worse . Watch them go on a 10 game winning streak and just miss the playoffs by a point.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
As much as I would like to see the Oilers win, they don’t have the depth. Beating teams like Ottawa over and over means nothing. If they can’t beat the flames either what will they do against team like Boston, Tampa Bay, et al. They are professional athletes and using the reason 4 games in 6 days plus travel makes you sound like you are whining and making excuses.
Agreed they could use some more depth but 3 games in 4 nights is tough. Of which they have taken 4 of 6 points. Last night performance was dismal for sure. Can’t win em all.

Coming in to last night the Oil were 7-1-2 in their last 10 which included wins over Winnipeg and taking three points out of TO. Nothing to complain about there.

Are the Oilers a powerhouse in the league. No but I’m sure enjoying where they are and where they are headed.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
Thank you!! The playoffs are a different beast all together and your team has to be a beast to have playoff success. This team continues to lack in many areas and if you don’t see that during the regular season, you don’t know hockey.
If regular season success entertains you that’s cool. I see fat dudes that have been going to the gym for years with no physical improvement but hey they get to say they are going to the gym. Whatever moves your needle...
Old 04-12-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Thank you!! The playoffs are a different beast all together and your team has to be a beast to have playoff success. This team continues to lack in many areas and if you don’t see that during the regular season, you don’t know hockey.
If regular season success entertains you that’s cool. I see fat dudes that have been going to the gym for years with no physical improvement but hey they get to say they are going to the gym. Whatever moves your needle...
Man you sound like the kids in the back seat screaming are we there yet. Relax. Enjoy the ride.

Chia left is in Cap hell, with some real bad contracts and finally next year we will be starting to come out of it. The team is doing well and will get some playoff experience this year which will help next year.

We all realize there are needs on this team but they are coming. We have a pile of young strong big defencemen up and coming that have talent and can skate. We have cap space to be freed up next year. This summer Holland can tinker a bit more. Things are looking up.

I don’t think anyone here at the beginning of the season thought the Oilers were gonna win the presidents trophy. I believe Holland has done a great job with the mess he inherited.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:18 PM

Game is canceled tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:15 PM
Banned

Holy! How many back to back games or a high number of games over a minimal number of days are going to have to be played in order to catch up? This is not good.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:09 AM

This is good No? I thought the players and fans decided they needed rest from the unfair schedule last week?
Old 04-16-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Holy! How many back to back games or a high number of games over a minimal number of days are going to have to be played in order to catch up? This is not good.
I can't see a way that VAN plays all 52 games, and definitely can't see how they SHOULD play all 52.

Given the fact they're all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I'm not sure what the point of forcing those makeup games into the schedule is. The chaos and intensity would be terrible for VAN, and it's really bad for the rest of the North division teams too. It would be like extending the playoffs, or worse, for another 2-3 weeks.

There has to be a way to sort it out using winning %. Play a "reasonable" amount of games of try and even things out between all 7 teams in terms of games played head to head vs VAN, and go from there. If VAN was pushing hard for a playoff spot, I could understand really objecting to that, but they aren't, and by all accounts, they got hit really hard, I'm not sure they're even physically capable of more than that anyway.

I guess we'll find out today. My guess is the NHL is going to screw this up...
Old 04-16-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
I can't see a way that VAN plays all 52 games, and definitely can't see how they SHOULD play all 52.

Given the fact they're all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I'm not sure what the point of forcing those makeup games into the schedule is. The chaos and intensity would be terrible for VAN, and it's really bad for the rest of the North division teams too. It would be like extending the playoffs, or worse, for another 2-3 weeks.

There has to be a way to sort it out using winning %. Play a "reasonable" amount of games of try and even things out between all 7 teams in terms of games played head to head vs VAN, and go from there. If VAN was pushing hard for a playoff spot, I could understand really objecting to that, but they aren't, and by all accounts, they got hit really hard, I'm not sure they're even physically capable of more than that anyway.

I guess we'll find out today. My guess is the NHL is going to screw this up...
The last two games are against the Flames, if both teams are mathematically eliminated, they will cancel those two games and use point percentage for draft spots.

I suspect if playoff standings are set I suspect they may cancel a few more games for example if the Jets are 6 points up on the oilers I suspect a few more of the games will be cancelled since they will not be able to catch them.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
The last two games are against the Flames, if both teams are mathematically eliminated, they will cancel those two games and use point percentage for draft spots.

I suspect if playoff standings are set I suspect they may cancel a few more games for example if the Jets are 6 points up on the oilers I suspect a few more of the games will be cancelled since they will not be able to catch them.
I'm hoping they come up with something sensible like that.

I understand they need to put a schedule out there and try to give teams some "certainty". Ideally they shift the meaningful games forward and give themselves the flexibility to do what you're suggesting. Once things are "set", they can re-arrange the rest of the schedule accordingly and try not to grind the teams into the ground playing meaningless games before the playoffs even start.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:55 PM

Holloway signed to a 3 year ELC today starting with the 2021/2022 season.

I know it's not in Holland's DNA to rush him, so he'll probably at least start off the year in Bakersfield, but I'm hoping he comes in and blows the doors off of training camp next fall and takes a spot in the Top 6 with McDavid or Draisaitl.

Dare to dream...