Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-09-2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Booze + Keyboards = A quick trip to Crazytown.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:35 AM

Default Thankyou Everyone

A big thankyou to everyone, who contributed to this post. I will keep reloading my cases to the point I start seeing indications of high pressure, then back off. I will also keep monitoring my pressures with the program I use. It may not be 100% accurate, but it is a very good indicator of where I am with my loads.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

A guy needs to be drinking to post what I did ?? lol. . FYI .. I don't drink and don't suffer any illusions. Derogatory posts like yours are precisely what I was talking about. You two guys make a great tag team. Carry on, carrying on.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
A guy needs to be drinking to post what I did ?? lol. . FYI .. I don't drink and don't suffer any illusions. Derogatory posts like yours are precisely what I was talking about. You two guys make a great tag team. Carry on, carrying on.
For sure Elk is my friend, but that has nothing to do with what I wrote. This is a forum where people are asking questions that are often hypothetical, they don't have the answer to, and that if handled wrong, can be fatal.

You seem to take offence really, really easy when someone sees things different from you. So what if someone disagrees? No need to get angry and take runs at people. Just ain't worth it.

Your last go at Elk and whoever else you were venting on, absolutely came across as someone who was six sheets to the wind.

If you really don't like someone, and feel they are being unfair to you, give em a blast via pm. That's part of the reason why forums have the ability to send .

Arguing and venting openly rarely solves anything, but just serves to further deepen differences of opinion.

Last edited by sns2; 03-10-2021 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:35 PM

Quote:
For sure Elk is my friend, but that has nothing to do with what I wrote. This is a forum where people are asking questions that are often hypothetical, they don't have the answer to, and that if handled wrong, can be fatal.

You seem to take offence really, really easy when someone sees things different from you. So what if someone disagrees? No need to get angry and take runs at people. Just ain't worth it.

Your last go at Elk and whoever else you were venting on, absolutely came across as someone who was six sheets to the wind.

If you really don't like someone, and feel they are being unfair to you, give em a blast via pm. That's part of the reason why forums have the ability to send .

Arguing and venting openly rarely solves anything, but just serves to further deepen differences of opinion.

I don't worry about "unfair" but I do take exception to being singled out as an intended victim of his. He won't succeed. Different opinions are different opinions, but ignoring facts in an attempt to prove himself at my, or anyone else's expense just won't cut it. He won't succeed. Thats the kind of crap I expect from him. I've PM'd him before regarding posts
similar to this. If he has an issue with me, he can do the PM's from now on. What you said is good advice though, so I assume you sent a copy to Elk . I'm hoping you get gist of this as well.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fps plus View Post
Can’t decide on popcorn or pizza ?
Need more popcorn, this movie isn't near over

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 03-10-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I don't worry about "unfair" but I do take exception to being singled out as an intended victim of his. He won't succeed. Different opinions are different opinions, but ignoring facts in an attempt to prove himself at my, or anyone else's expense just won't cut it. He won't succeed. Thats the kind of crap I expect from him. I've PM'd him before regarding posts
similar to this. If he has an issue with me, he can do the PM's from now on. What you said is good advice though, so I assume you sent a copy to Elk . I'm hoping you get gist of this as well.
Take a look at some of our back and forths on this forum and you will get your answer. We argue like hell, especially in the goose blind. Some are even puzzled that we like each other by the way we get on. The key is we don't take ourselves too seriously.

Focus on that last sentence. That is the key to having either fun or frustration on forums.
Old 03-10-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Take a look at some of our back and forths on this forum and you will get your answer. We argue like hell, especially in the goose blind. Some are even puzzled that we like each other by the way we get on. The key is we don't take ourselves too seriously.

Focus on that last sentence. That is the key to having either fun or frustration on forums.
First of all, I wasn't looking for an answer. I don't take a forum too seriously nor do I take myself seriously. You don't know me and I don't know you, but I do tend to take a direct personal attack seriously, no matter where they take place. If that's your's and Elks type if fun, that's great..enjoy , but not at my expense. Therin lies the key to the answer.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:36 PM

Quote:
First of all, I wasn't looking for an answer. I don't take a forum too seriously nor do I take myself seriously. You don't know me and I don't know you, but I do tend to take a direct personal attack seriously, no matter where they take place. If that's your's and Elks type if fun, that's great..enjoy , but not at my expense. Therin lies the key to the answer.
Carry on and be angry. No skin off my nuts, I'm having a great day.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:21 PM

Does any body have any velocities they have gotten from higher than normal 6.5x55 loads they can post. Let us know what powder you used and the length of your barrel. Don't give charge weights unless you feel the load is safe but that is on you.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillG View Post
Does any body have any velocities they have gotten from higher than normal 6.5x55 loads they can post. Let us know what powder you used and the length of your barrel. Don't give charge weights unless you feel the load is safe but that is on you.
156gr @2625fps from a 24" barrel in CG96 using H4831
Old 03-12-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
156gr @2625fps from a 24" barrel in CG96 using H4831
139gr @2755fps from a 24" barrel in CG96 using H4831
Old 03-12-2021, 08:47 PM

2630 with the 160gr woodleighs and H4831sc from a 25" barrel
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 03-12-2021, 10:29 PM

I tried Rl 25 in mine for some testing but never chronoed the loads Wanted to try Rl 26 but traded rifle before I could.