Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-24-2019, 07:49 PM

Hey guys, I知 18 yo looking for someone to hunt with as most of my friends went off to Ontario for school. Got into hunting last year and spent al lot of time with bow in hand, managed to take my first WT later on in the season with a rifle. Also did a fair bit of upland hunting as I have a dog, both in the mountains and grasslands. This year I got a few decoys from a friend and started waterfowl hunting, needless to say I am hooked and looking for someone willing to put in some time on public lands/water as well. I come from a fly fishing background and would be happy to trade info and take people out on the water in turn for a little bit of mentorship on the hunting end. Enjoy pretty much anything outdoors just looking to meet someone who is also eager to get out there. Calgary area but I hunt/fish all over.

Last edited by jacobk; 09-24-2019 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:47 PM

Hi Folks, looking for someone around the Cold Lake or Bonneyville area to take a new waterfowl hunter out for geese or ducks. I do not have any waterfowl specific gear or a shotgun big enough for geese (only 2 3/4). I have hunted big and small game for 3 years and ducks back east for 4 years. Thanks
Old 09-27-2019, 08:46 PM

Looking to join up with some like-minded water fowlers in the Strathcona county/east of Edmonton area. Experienced-ish water fowl hunter looking to get back into it after moving up here. Shift work, so I have time to hunt through the week and put in time scouting. Have my own blind, etc but the only decoys I have here are couple mojos.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:06 PM

USA-ian living in Edmonton, looking to do some hunting. I've got some experience with hunting kangaroo in Australia and going after mule deer in the eastern US when I was a kid, but no experience with Canada and related wildlife.

Got a bunch of in-laws and other family connections in Drayton Valley and Whitecourt if anyone is out that way. I'd be curious to know if anyone has any experience w/ the Evergreen range out in the DV. Someone told me there was no chance in hell of getting a membership at the Canadian Historical Arms Society so Evergreen seems reasonable.

Hunting-wise, mostly looking to bag some birds but I'd consider going after something bigger.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oltoy View Post
USA-ian living in Edmonton, looking to do some hunting. I've got some experience with hunting kangaroo in Australia and going after mule deer in the eastern US when I was a kid, but no experience with Canada and related wildlife.

Got a bunch of in-laws and other family connections in Drayton Valley and Whitecourt if anyone is out that way. I'd be curious to know if anyone has any experience w/ the Evergreen range out in the DV. Someone told me there was no chance in hell of getting a membership at the Canadian Historical Arms Society so Evergreen seems reasonable.

Hunting-wise, mostly looking to bag some birds but I'd consider going after something bigger.
If you're an American citizen I do believe you have to do a hunter host and you have to have it done in the spring I don't think you will be able to hunt this fall unless you use an Outfitter

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2019, 12:35 PM

Hey all, just moved to Edmonton this summer, looking for someone who goes upland/pheasant and deer hunting, possibly elk later in the season. I would try waterfowl, just haven't done it before. I've been hunting for over 30 years, in BC, Ontario and Manitoba. I have all the gear, just looking for someone to go out with occasionally.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:45 PM

Default Looking for an Edmonton Bowhunting Partner

Hey everyone,

32 year old biologist (for a consulting company) looking for a bowhunting partner around Edmonton. Also looking for a rifle hunting partner for elk around Edson/Whitecourt area.

P.M me if interested. I have a quad and a truck.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:58 AM

Default Solo hunter in 318 and north looking for partner

I am 42 good shape experienced elk hunter just kind of looking for someone that might just camp and kind of a safety thing. This is my first year this far north and not sure what to expect for animals or pressure but going to find out lol. I have a trip planned for November 8 to the 16th.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:56 AM

Default Oyen & Consort

Looking to connect with fellow hunters in this area of my residence. Currently primarily hunt alone but would like to meet local hunters who hunt birds, big game and possibly involved in trapping coyotes as I' have my Trapping license.

Please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you,
Old 10-18-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillHunter1 View Post
Hey everyone,

32 year old biologist (for a consulting company) looking for a bowhunting partner around Edmonton. Also looking for a rifle hunting partner for elk around Edson/Whitecourt area.

P.M me if interested. I have a quad and a truck.

Hi I知 looking to go hunting November 1 . And looking for a hunting partner . Going out first time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2019, 09:44 PM

Planing to go hunting November 1 . Elk, white tail deer. First time hunter , if anyone around Leduc Edmonton area wants a hunting buddy, let me know .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2019, 11:55 AM

delete

Last edited by -JR-; 10-19-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:18 PM

Default New to Alberta - Calgary Based

Hello,

Just recently moved to Alberta (Airdrie) from Prince George, BC. Started hunting in PG two years ago. I'm 32, married with no kids. Have full set of hunting/backpacking gear. Fairly in-experienced but willing to tag along and help haul meat. Interested in going sheep and goat hunting if someone more experienced is willing to show me the ropes, or if someone is just as inexperienced and is willing to learn the hard way with me. I am also an active range shooter.

Interested in any big game hunting - looking to fill the freezer (elk, moose, deer)

Like to do lots of hiking during the summer and I am willing to do extended trips. I work 14 days on/14 days off so longer trips are no issue.

Would not mind getting into waterfowl hunting if someone is looking for a partner (never done it)

Willing to travel across province, but would prefer to meet up first for a beer or coffee.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:36 PM

Hi, I recently moved to Edmonton and am looking to get out hunting. I have a general whitetail tag along with a bird license. Open to hunting other species however. I am 27 and a biologist with the government. I am open to a hunting partner that knows the area or if someone could point me in a direction where I may have success locating whitetails. I'm open to driving several hours from Edmonton to find a spot. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 10-28-2019, 02:58 PM

Default Hunting partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer_90 View Post
Hello,

Just recently moved to Alberta (Airdrie) from Prince George, BC. Started hunting in PG two years ago. I'm 32, married with no kids. Have full set of hunting/backpacking gear. Fairly in-experienced but willing to tag along and help haul meat. Interested in going sheep and goat hunting if someone more experienced is willing to show me the ropes, or if someone is just as inexperienced and is willing to learn the hard way with me. I am also an active range shooter.

Interested in any big game hunting - looking to fill the freezer (elk, moose, deer)

Like to do lots of hiking during the summer and I am willing to do extended trips. I work 14 days on/14 days off so longer trips are no issue.

Would not mind getting into waterfowl hunting if someone is looking for a partner (never done it)

Willing to travel across province, but would prefer to meet up first for a beer or coffee.
hey first timer, are you still looking for a hunting partner?
Old 11-02-2019, 04:00 PM

Default Just Retired Calgary

Hi,

I am looking for hunting partner for security reasons.
Please let me know if you can go over week days.
Located in South Calgary

Thanks

Last edited by hunting102; 11-02-2019 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Need location
Old 11-02-2019, 05:20 PM

Default going out monday the 4th nov

going out monday if someone wants to partner up,got a motor home and quad ,looking for WT maybe elk just out of whitecourt. Kid bailed on me so got room for someone serious
Old 11-03-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunting102 View Post
Hi,

I am looking for hunting partner for security reasons.
Please let me know if you can go over week days.
Located in South Calgary

Thanks

Hi, What are hunting for and where? I am living in SW Calgary and for the time I am available. I am 53 years old and very safe person.

Cristian
Old 11-04-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindoutside View Post
hey first timer, are you still looking for a hunting partner?
Pmd
Old 11-04-2019, 07:33 PM

Default Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalota View Post
Hi, What are hunting for and where? I am living in SW Calgary and for the time I am available. I am 53 years old and very safe person.

Cristian
Hi
I am hunting for Moose, cow Elk, Mule doe, and Black Bear this year.
Going hunting mostly alone during week days and with friends on weekend.
Sometimes could be insecure to go alone is the reason I need somebody to join me.
Hunting mostly South in 304 and sometimes in 402.
Send me an email if you want to go for coffee to talk about hunting.

Petar
Old 11-04-2019, 08:15 PM

Default Hi Petar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunting102 View Post
Hi
I am hunting for Moose, cow Elk, Mule doe, and Black Bear this year.
Going hunting mostly alone during week days and with friends on weekend.
Sometimes could be insecure to go alone is the reason I need somebody to join me.
Hunting mostly South in 304 and sometimes in 402.
Send me an email if you want to go for coffee to talk about hunting.

Petar
Petar,
Your setting are not allowing email, send me one criscalota66@gmail.com
I would like to meet you for a coffee even tomorrow if you will accept
Old 11-08-2019, 08:15 PM

Default Hunting partner

Hey all , just looking for an experienced hunting partner to go get some whitetail . Been hunting for 20+yrs. Looking for some alberta love as i have hunted in manitoba my whole life. Would like to meet a long term hunting partner. Shoot me a message if interested. Live deep se calgary.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:53 PM

Default Looking for hunt buddy

This feels alot like looking for a date...lol
Im heading out for white tail tomorrow In 316 or 320 if anyone wants to join shoot me a PM .
I'm 37 and live In NE calgary area
Old 11-10-2019, 09:35 AM

Sent you a PM. Live in Cochrane and have a general mule and general whitetail to fill, only want 1 deer

Looking to get out mid week and next weekend.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:10 AM

Default Hunting

Hey I知 35 I致e been hunting since my young teens. Looking to get out hunting with someone. I know the fort Assiniboine area really well lots of big deer there and if you have a moose draw for the area I know where they are as well. Shoot me a message if you want a partner. Work is slow for the next couple weeks so I知 free whenever I知 out of spruce grove.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:09 PM

Default Suffield Elk hunt in January 2020

I have drawn a tag for the January 2020 antlered elk hunt. I'm looking for a partner whether you have a tag or not or have hunted the zone or not. I have hunted deer and antelope for years but never tagged an elk and never hunted in Suffield. Contact me if you are interested in joining in the fun.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:37 PM

Default Are you still looking for a hunting partner ?

Are you looking for a hunting partner ?
You can email me Jawad.chalan@yahoo.ca

Last edited by Joemac; 11-17-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:02 PM

Hey guys, lookin for a someone to show me the ropes when it comes to coyote huntin.

Got all the gear including a foxpro spitfire. Just lookin for someone to team up with and to learn from.

Located in leduc.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:22 AM

Default Hunting partner for archery elk and moose.

Good morning fellow outdoorsman! I am looking for a archery elk and moose hunting partner. I've only been in Alberta for 2 years and my hunting partner that lives out here as of now only uses a rifle. I have been trying to get him to grab one of my spare bows and pick up early season elk.

I got my bull moose this year in archery season. Passed up a few cow moose and a cow elk. I didn't take enough time off in archery elk season to actually focus just on getting a bull. Me and my best bud went out opening rifle day and almost had success and then the shots started and the bulls went quiet, they were quiet the following day aswell. I got my bull moose the next afternoon with my bow as I wanted to get away from all the rifle and over calling hunters. If anyone is looking for a archery hunting partner send me a message.

Thanks and I hope everyone had a great season. Excited about going out for some wolf's next days off.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:18 PM

Default Bow Hunting for Elk in December & January

Hey All. I could use some advise on where to go for an Elk in WMU 212. It's the only thing I can get with a General Tag. I am elegant to use a Crossbow in Archery only Season. I don't have my contact of people that own land that would allow access, especially this late in the year. I was aware that generally, permission is given out in August.

Would really appreciate some advise, or a hunting buddy.
Cheers,
Andreas