Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2017, 04:02 PM

You gotta try safari, it's African and Indian inspired and it's really nice
Old 03-31-2017, 04:44 PM
Banned

Do not partake in the buffet at Rajdoot...I did and I got food poisoning.That being said the food off the menu is quite good and I highly recommend the "Sultans Wish".It is a small plethora of dishes with a good variety.

FTH
Old 03-31-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Adams View Post
Yup saw this all in your previous post in this thread.
Some newbie bumped the necro thread so I updated my post as well to keep a current date on the warning.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:00 PM

Caber, I have known you well enough over the years to be a very straight shooter and I trust what you have to say.

However, I found it strange that this place is still open despite your findings. Searching the Alberta Health Services Calgary Inspection Reports, sure enough - 4/5 of the most recent inspections have found mouse droppings in the food storage area - including the most recent inspection.

I am far from being an expert, but how can this place remain open if the place is obviously still infested with mice?!

Link to Rajdoot's Inspections
Old 03-21-2018, 06:58 PM

I looked up the same link years ago. The truth will be known if a person brings a 6' ladder and pokes their head into a ceiling tile in the kitchen before placing their food order. My recommendation is to wear a raincoat and a fit-tested dust mask, it remains the most mouse turd I've ever seen to date. I'll absolutely acknowledge that it's been a good while since I've been there and things may have been cleaned and amended, thus the peek in the ceiling disclaimer. The cooks there at the time when I was pointing out the issue could not speak English but I could understand their 'yes, what of it?' indifferent shrugs. To them it was just business as usual. Of course those staff may or may not be there anymore.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 03-21-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I looked up the same link years ago. The truth will be known if a person brings a 6' ladder and pokes their head into a ceiling tile in the kitchen before placing their food order. My recommendation is to wear a raincoat and a fit-tested dust mask.
You are full of it.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
You are full of it.

If you don't wear the dust mask, at least keep your mouth closed when lifting the ceiling tile!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:09 PM

Last edited by GoFlames; 03-21-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:24 PM
Banned

How the heck can no one mention Taj Mahal? Read the reviews, authentic, ate there lots, no complaints! Heck, even went there one time on my birthday, it was, the only time I’d been there while the buffet was goin, looked it over, smelled so dang good, I says to the fam, let’s hit’er! The waiter comes by and says, I must warn you, it’s vegan, I didn’t care, I can honestly say it was good!
Years ago, me’n the fam visited my vegan sister in Vancouver and they know I hate vegan, and they says we’ll take you to the best East India food in Vancouver, so I bite, get there, load the plate deep, take one mouthful and think, what the heck did I just do? It was effin horrible, “ best place in van” I had to force every bite! The tajmahal on Macleod is a thousand times better, only ate
vegan the one time ther, all the other times, we ate MEAT, so settle down! The way they serve the chai tea is classic, the waiter starts pourin, into yer cup, then while he’s pouring, lifts the pot as high as he can, then back to the cup, the youngest boy just loves watching him do that, this is authentic so all you canned goods mango tree style will probably not like it. Sorry, couldn’t stay silent any longer! It’s on Macleod tr. and it’s bin there since ‘73, crappy restaurants don’t stay in business for 45 years!
Old 03-21-2018, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Surahi on McLeod Trail is a hidden gem of an Indian restaurant.

Their Fish pekoras are outstanding.

For many years Moti Mohal was my go to place; I am good friends with the owners family. Surahi is another part of the family, so many of the same recipes but with an individual twist.

Surahi is near the Carriage House hotel, beside Chalet Swiss.
I was going to recommend Moti Mahal... gotta try this Surahi place!!!
Old 03-22-2018, 08:35 AM

Namaskar as well...
Old 03-22-2018, 08:35 AM

There is a little place on Center St. North of 16th Ave. It's called The Spices. It looks like a little hole in the wall but the food was fantastic when my brother and I went.

http://www.thespicescalgary.com/
Old 03-22-2018, 08:40 AM

Our favorite in Calgary the last few years. Indian with a Chinese twist.

My son and I have a yearly Hot Food eating contest and this is where we go-we ask specifically for everything to be off the charts spicy and they accommodate us happily.

I walk out with curly hair from sweating.

http://karmacalgary.com/
Old 03-22-2018, 08:59 AM

If your looking for chicken that you can bbq yourself, go to Mann's Meatshop in Ne Calgary. You can get a few different flavors of pre marinated chicken to take home and cook.