Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2012, 11:04 PM

ford pilot and gunslinger the brothers have not bought a hoof scince the closure i understand that they are selling 2500 hd of their own fats in the states every week scince the closure . most news reports beleive their losses to be in the 150 million range and growing i don't think they would have jbs in with only an option to purchase if they are making money
Old 10-19-2012, 11:16 PM

Prices for calves are down 10cents from last year. havent sold yet thought the **** storm might end soon but doesnt look good.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thredneck View Post
The government is the answerThey would do a good jobLook at how well they handled the firearms registry.Just so you know the plant that is run by an American company is doing just fine.

Sure they are , or soon to be were , e-colie every 6 months
Also the Govt gave you a health care card , maybe you should give it back and pay out of pocket , not all Govt run business is bad.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
Sure they are , or soon to be were , e-colie every 6 months
Also the Govt gave you a health care card , maybe you should give it back and pay out of pocket , not all Govt run business is bad.
I think you better do a little research on healthcare.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrykid View Post
Hmmm, I disagree Dantonsen. There is most certainly going to be losers from this storm. There just aren't enough people like you buying direct from the producers. The other shoe is going to drop soon I'm afraid. The demand for beef (which was shaky at best) is going to decrease as a result of buyer uncertainty. Prices WILL follow this downward trend due to the surplus of beef available. Basically, long run shows low beef prices. Not good I'm afraid
15 people got sick, how many people DIED (thats a lot worse than getting sick if you didn't know) from samonella in vegtables, last time I checked everone is still eating vegtables. What are people going to eat if they quit eating beef? Pork? Don't you remember that there won't be bacon in the new year? That was the news a few weeks ago. Remember it's food and people have short memories.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
15 people got sick, how many people DIED (thats a lot worse than getting sick if you didn't know) from samonella in vegtables, last time I checked everone is still eating vegtables. What are people going to eat if they quit eating beef? Pork? Don't you remember that there won't be bacon in the new year? That was the news a few weeks ago. Remember it's food and people have short memories.

We have a new AO microbiologist.

Psst. It is spelled Salmonella.

Ever hear about Brucellosis?
Old 10-20-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the sarcasm If you re-read my post, you will find that nowhere did I say that everyone is going to stop eating beef. Those were your words, not mine. I simply said that there will be a decrease in the demand of beef stemming from buyer uncertainty. This means that SOME people will purchase substitutes of beef for the next while. Keep reading and you will also find that I explained what will be the result of the decrease in demand will be. Low Prices. At this point, the downward price trend will continue for a while. The market is not something that can respond to changes over night. If you would like, I can cite a series of complex formulas and graphs to back up my point.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the sarcasm If you re-read my post, you will find that nowhere did I say that everyone is going to stop eating beef. Those were your words, not mine. I simply said that there will be a decrease in the demand of beef stemming from buyer uncertainty. This means that SOME people will purchase substitutes of beef for the next while. Keep reading and you will also find that I explained what will be the result of the decrease in demand will be. Low Prices. At this point, the downward price trend will continue for a while. The market is not something that can respond to changes over night. If you would like, I can cite a series of complex formulas and graphs to back up my point.
I'd sure like to see these graphs and formulas so I know exactley when it hits rock bottom so I can buy buy buy!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:59 AM

From the latest news, it is the Nillson Brothers who are the biggest losers, as there are alot of mortgages, loans, and loan guarantees that will be coming due out of this.

According to the Journal, some of the debt was at 25 %???? I suspect a secondary charge, which means possible non payment, to justify the rate.

If this flows through in the worst way, the feedlot at Wstlock will be at risk. That means less competition on sale points for the farmers, and more risk of unfair pricing on sales.

Drewski
Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 PM

That 25% thing was in no way accurate. Not a chance in hell.
Probably screwed up from something like a quarter above prime, if I had to guess.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 AM

Back to work at the plant.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM
waylow

As a former inspector with the CFIA, you wouldn't believe the practices you almost get "forced" to perform. Many, many times carcasses should have been discarded, but management on the kill floor where I worked pressed their authority to keep it.

Plus, when the cleaning staff for a 3500 head kill flour is supervised by one inspector on a night shift, you can be dang sure that corners a cut.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylow View Post
As a former inspector with the CFIA, you wouldn't believe the practices you almost get "forced" to perform. Many, many times carcasses should have been discarded, but management on the kill floor where I worked pressed their authority to keep it.

Plus, when the cleaning staff for a 3500 head kill flour is supervised by one inspector on a night shift, you can be dang sure that corners a cut.
We should talk. PM me if you're interested.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-24-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post
We should talk. PM me if you're interested.
Sounds like you didnt do your job
Old 10-24-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Lets eat CFIA
Old 10-24-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbear34 View Post
Please enlighten me.
I'd LOVE to hear this.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-24-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post
Please enlighten me.
I'd LOVE to hear this.
Me too.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 10-25-2012, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Me too.
Me three...
Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Me three...
Me four.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 10-25-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbear34 View Post
Me Five...I thought Rach did a Fine Story..She asked if anyone was with or knew someone at CFIA....Troll Much?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylow View Post

Sorry "Arach" my note "Sounds like you werent doing your job" was directed at Mr Forced Inspector here...Its your job! your a food cop. Wish I could have forced that last traffic cop not to have givin me that ticket....unfortunatley for me, he was doing his job.