Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-26-2012, 02:49 PM

Default PROTX Kevlar hand guard

Anyone use one of these or something similar besides the forearm guard?

PROTX KEVLAR ARMORED HAND GUARD

Seems like pretty cheap insurance for a pretty nasty hand injury if a damaged arrow gets by the flex test? $40 is not much more than a Friday night pizza order.
2009 Diamond Stud by Bowtech, Trophy Ridge Hitman 3 pin .019 sight, Anchor Sight, G5 Expert II rest, Axion 6" 9oz. stabilizer, Easton Lightspeed 3D arrows, 4" Bohning wraps and 2" Vanes, My Paracord Projects
My Music Exploits,
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM

I ordered one from the manufacturer and received it a couple weeks ago. Delivered to my door by Canada Post in an envelope for $34.29 CDN while they had their promotion on. When I first started to use it, it felt like one of the seams in the thumb area was bothering me but after a few days shooting it, the seam does not bother me anymore. The top of the glove is kevlar and is coarse and stiff so I am see some paint wear just above where I grip my Carbon Element. Other than that nothing more stands out for negatives.
Maybe one in a million chance that something like a shaft shattering while firing it, but if I happen to be that millionth person, I would like some kind of protection.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:13 PM

Wow, great info! Thanks for the insight, I think I will get one on the way. All it takes is one arrow that is damaged to slip through an inspection. Great to hear that it is functional.
2009 Diamond Stud by Bowtech, Trophy Ridge Hitman 3 pin .019 sight, Anchor Sight, G5 Expert II rest, Axion 6" 9oz. stabilizer, Easton Lightspeed 3D arrows, 4" Bohning wraps and 2" Vanes, My Paracord Projects
My Music Exploits,