Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2021, 01:48 PM

Default Got a great deal

I have a family member that bought a pressure washer that leaked and ran kind of poorly. His wife gave him trouble for it and he gave it to another family member, he didn't want it one bit so I ended up getting it for free because he didn't want to spend money fixing it up. $30 worth of parts and a quick valve adjustment later and I'm up and running mint! A lot of people my age just take stuff to the dump nowadays and buy new. Can't beat a $30 3000psi gas pressure washer!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2021, 02:56 PM

That was a classic case of rich guy broken. I found a nice craftsman self propelled push mower in the garbage at work one day. Brought it home, dumped it upside down and put fresh gas in it and it was running in 3 pulls.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:02 PM

With the amount of information online (youtube, forums etc...), a guy can save a ton of money with a little bit of research and elbow grease.

It's sickening to see how easily people dispose of things. I bet you could sell the pressure washer and make even more money off of it
Old 04-17-2021, 08:00 AM

I was impressed when my wife bought some fancy coffee machine at a thrift store for under $5, where it was noted it needed repair, she descaled it and it works perfectly fine.