Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2021, 09:09 AM

Default Hockey Fans

Edmonton Oilers management have forwarded a proposal to Alberta Health to bring back fans. The numbers would of course be restricted.

Some teams out East are starting slowly.

I say go for it!!

The sheeps that oppose it can stay home.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:13 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

come on Phil...sheeps...really...if a person feels they don't want to partake in something due to covid let it go....fans are starting to take on events world wide safely but one case can shut it down...its a gamble...was watching the Australian open and the fans got booted due to positive cases not even at the event...I say do everything slow and cautious following protocols.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-02-2021, 10:24 AM

I'd stay home, but not because of Covid, which concerns me approximately not at all.

I'd stay home because paying big bucks to see 'professional' athletes put on a mediocre performance seems like rewarding them for sucking. Speaking as a Flames fan, but holds true across Alberta. Seriously, last night only Lucic scored for either Alberta team. Getting shut out twice isn't a good look.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-02-2021, 10:31 AM

I've counted three NHL players now that have had very serious reactions to COVID-19. These guys are in better shape than 99% of this forum. Suffice it to say, you aren't a "sheep" (what an overused and aggravating term) if you are taking precautions with COVID. There's a big difference between taking precautions vs screaming bloody murder if someone comes within six feet of you.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I'd stay home, but not because of Covid, which concerns me approximately not at all.

I'd stay home because paying big bucks to see 'professional' athletes put on a mediocre performance seems like rewarding them for sucking. Speaking as a Flames fan, but holds true across Alberta. Seriously, last night only Lucic scored for either Alberta team. Getting shut out twice isn't a good look.
x2, I don't care about Covid, but we are a long ways from me paying money to go watch the Flames.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
I've counted three NHL players now that have had very serious reactions to COVID-19. These guys are in better shape than 99% of this forum. Suffice it to say, you aren't a "sheep" (what an overused and aggravating term) if you are taking precautions with COVID. There's a big difference between taking precautions vs screaming bloody murder if someone comes within six feet of you.
Who was the NHL player?
No.. Some serious SHEEP are out there... What is different is what describes a SHEEP. Some would believe unless you are out there licking door handles in public bathrooms you are a sheep. Many different shades of grey... Me.. I run my life, been to the States 2 times, carry masks in my truck, wash my hands, have dinners out and roll my eyes from time to time at a 18 year old who is afraid to go outside...
Old 03-02-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Who was the NHL player?
No.. Some serious SHEEP are out there... What is different is what describes a SHEEP. Some would believe unless you are out there licking door handles in public bathrooms you are a sheep. Many different shades of grey... Me.. I run my life, been to the States 2 times, carry masks in my truck, wash my hands, have dinners out and roll my eyes from time to time at a 18 year old who is afraid to go outside...
Alex Stalock developed a heart condition from COVID, Marco Rossi was sent back home to Europe due to COVID complications, and Rasmus Ristolainen said that he wasn't sure he was going to wake up in the morning.

I would agree with you. Sanitizing your hands and using some common sense is important, and if that's being a "sheep", then too "bbbbbbaaahhhhdd". Like I was saying, sanitizing and taking precautions is a hell of a lot different than wearing a mask while driving alone and wearing a mask while working in your backyard.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:52 AM

Not that I would ever pay to watch any league that postponed games and took a knee for BLM, but it's way too early to start getting back to living normally. We need to live in fear for a couple of more years, so our governments know they have total control over us.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Not that I would ever pay to watch any league that postponed games and took a knee for BLM, but it's way too early to start getting back to living normally. We need to live in fear for a couple of more years, so our governments know they have total control over us.
We know, and no one cares
Old 03-02-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
I agree with Elk. They are paid to play hockey not protest and cancel the games. Letting the inmates run the asylum is such a joke...
Old 03-02-2021, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
I care about both of those issues, but in fairness I probably am a nobody.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-02-2021, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I care about both of those issues, but in fairness I probably am a nobody.
Not a nobody, just someone that has principles. Apparently you and I aren't the only ones.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:

I hear ya, TC. I hear ya.

But you know, those fellas who want to lay down their cash may love NHL Hockey as much as we love shooting fine handguns or hunting with our dogs.

It's just an expensive escape. But damn, we can all use an escape right now.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:16 PM

That's true as well, I suppose. I won't judge another person's leisure time and how they spend their money, as long as they don't support banning my firearms....

Old 03-03-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Who was the NHL player?
2x... there are a lot of people who are afraid of there own shadow. I personally won’t support the NHL for all the crap with not respecting the national anthem’s and cancelling games.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
come on Phil...sheeps...really...if a person feels they don't want to partake in something due to covid let it go....fans are starting to take on events world wide safely but one case can shut it down...its a gamble...was watching the Australian open and the fans got booted due to positive cases not even at the event...I say do everything slow and cautious following protocols.
If I offended anyone using the word "sheep", I apologize. This thread was meant to be about hockey fans.

Hey 58...For my pennant, "Rocky_Phil" will post his worst team picks on the hockey pool next week so you can catch up with me...
Old 03-03-2021, 07:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
If I offended anyone using the word "sheep", I apologize. This thread was meant to be about hockey fans.

Hey 58...For my pennant, "Rocky_Phil" will post his worst team picks on the hockey pool next week so you can catch up with me...
Ok...I draw the line there eh....I suck at the pool.....but ya can't pick on me...like I said to the wife my pool picks and standings is like cheering for the flames
Now I know how it feels.....

Best hockey that I really enjoy is major junior....13 solid years of watching the Moose Jaw Warriors....new many billets and got to play pickup hockey with many that made the NHL....a absolute blast!!!!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...