Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-15-2021, 11:46 AM

Default SKRE Hunting Gear

I saw a post on AHA about SKRE hunting gear. Anyone have any input on that. From what others are saying on there it looks like they are still below kuiu and sitka but may catch up very soon.

Seems like they have a canadian location so would be good to look into.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurthunter View Post
I saw a post on AHA about SKRE hunting gear. Anyone have any input on that. From what others are saying on there it looks like they are still below kuiu and sitka but may catch up very soon.

Seems like they have a canadian location so would be good to look into.
I have the Hardscrabble pants. jacket.
Had them for three seasons.
I wear the jacket regularly, my buddy has the comparable Sitka jacket and I'd say they're close on quality and durablity.

The pants I hardly ever wear. I expected them to be the exact same material as the jacket, softshell. But they're just the outer layer. So thinner and not warm.

I have their old camo pattern which was a bit dark. The new pattern looks better.

Considering the cost difference between Sitka, First Lite, Kuiu, Skre is a pretty good deal.

So I'd recommend the Hardscrabble softshell jacket.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:02 AM

Hello,

I am an ambassador for SKRE, I really believe in the quality of their gear. I have put well over 100km hiking with my hardscrabble gear and have hunted Sheep, waterfowl, deer, moose, wolves and ice fished in it.

I think it compares very closely to Sitka at a much more affordable price. I prefer the Pants to the Sitka pants I owned because they have better venting, but they do not have knee pads which was nice about the Sitkas especially in rocks in the mountains. I would say the Marino base layers are not quite as soft as Sitkas. The new pattern is awesome and they added full length zippers to the base layers, a bit of length to the Jacket, and more down to the down filled jacket.

Their customer service is top notch.

Vip sizing means if you don’t like the fit of the gear you get you can send it back for free and they send another size.

Lifetime warranty is awesome, the pull on one of the zippers on one pocket of my Kodiak pants came off and I was able to send the pants back and they were replaced.

If you like the SKRE gear and want to give it a try you can use this link to get 5% off your purchase SKRE.ca/nathank

The main reason I originally switched was to support a Canadian distributer of some quality gear, after purchasing a majority of their gear and running it on sheep and waterfowl hunts I applied to be an ambassador.

Also right now if you buy their jacket you get pants 30% off. If you want pants for early season go hardscrabble if you want pants for later season the Kodiaks have an extra lining.

If you want to see their gear in use you can check out my Instagram @nathanofthenorth or my YouTube channel Northern.Game.Pursuit

Last edited by Natek; 04-18-2021 at 08:07 AM.