Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-28-2021, 09:23 PM
K2 Ranch K2 Ranch is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 13
Default Bereg up2 tent

Any one have one? Are they worth the money? How do they compare to the artic oven tents?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-28-2021, 09:31 PM
marky_mark's Avatar
marky_mark marky_mark is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,926
Default

They arenít in the same category as an arctic oven
I foresee major ventilation and condensation issues
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2021, 10:28 AM
forestrover forestrover is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Central AB
Posts: 40
Default

I have one and it's a great tent. Used it this fall hunting for a couple weeks and then ice-fishing for a good week during the cold snap. I never had any condensation issues. I use a gstove with it and it keeps the heat in well with the double layer. I would also recommend the insulated floor, it's great.

If you plan on using the up 2 for just yourself, it's a great tent. If you have 2 people with 2 cots and a stove, it get's pretty tight. If I could do it again, I would have went with the Up5.

Quality tent and worth every penny if you ask me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-2021, 11:42 AM
K2 Ranch K2 Ranch is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 13
Default

I was going to be using it on pack trips in the mountains. What size of stove would you recommend for October use.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2021, 01:11 PM
forestrover forestrover is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Central AB
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2 Ranch View Post
I was going to be using it on pack trips in the mountains. What size of stove would you recommend for October use.
I just use a regular gstove but bereg also offers a small/medium wood stove with 4" pipe. Lots of options, I'd talk to the Canadian dealer at bereg-canada. He's pretty knowledgeable in that area.

I only pack mine on the side by side or close to the truck because those tents have some weight due to the internal structure. Positive is, it takes not more than a minute to have up. It's definitely no hiking tent.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-09-2021, 10:18 AM
firebird firebird is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 13
Default

Iím also looking at the Bereg but the ďhexagonĒ

I was going to buy an Arctic Oven Great Nunatak but now Iím on the fence. The smaller Arctic Ovens Iíve used heat up and stay dry just with a couple guys and no heat source.

My issue with the Bereg is it looks like a big 2 layer dome synthetic tent like any other but with a stove Jack. My concern is it will hold no heat and have condensation inside with no steady heat source.

My main focus on buying a new tent is its liveability and comfort as it will be for the family hunting tent, no roughing it with the young kids. It needs to be dry in the morning when the fire goes out.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-09-2021, 01:25 PM
marky_mark's Avatar
marky_mark marky_mark is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,926
Default

My arctic oven is just plain awesome
Looking at getting the grand nunatak for taking in my jet boat

The materials used for these bereg things are lower quality imitations

Comparing these tents is like comparing a jansport backpack to a stone glacier

As for the stoves, who would pay $800 for that garbage

Iíll list off all the quality built Russian things I know of...........
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-2021, 08:33 AM
firebird firebird is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
My arctic oven is just plain awesome
Looking at getting the grand nunatak for taking in my jet boat

The materials used for these bereg things are lower quality imitations

Comparing these tents is like comparing a jansport backpack to a stone glacier

As for the stoves, who would pay $800 for that garbage

Iíll list off all the quality built Russian things I know of...........

Actually You are wrong

The exterior walls and floor are actually the same material on both companyís . Oxford nylon, and the Bereg uses a heavier spec Oxford nylon than AO

The difference is the inner walls, AO being Vapex

I agree the stove seems to be more expensive because of the glass sides?! I donít know. But you donít have to use the Bereg stove

Have you any experience with the Bereg?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-10-2021, 10:56 AM
marky_mark's Avatar
marky_mark marky_mark is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,926
Default

You know there is a difference between nylon cordura and nylon Oxford material
Just because it says nylon doesnít mean itís the same

No where on their website does it imply using Oxford material

For a company that is targeting expeditions to the furthest reaches of the planet. Cheaping out on material is not an option
The NASA scientists that are stationed in the middle of the interior ice of Greenland use arctic oven tents. I know because I asked them when I was there and we were having beers. They arenít allowed any sources of outside heat, because it will contaminate their results. And this is what they use and trust with their lives.

I donít buy junk, so I have no interest in these flimsy pop up style Russian garbage.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-10-2021, 11:35 AM
firebird firebird is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
You know there is a difference between nylon cordura and nylon Oxford material
Just because it says nylon doesnít mean itís the same

No where on their website does it imply using Oxford material

For a company that is targeting expeditions to the furthest reaches of the planet. Cheaping out on material is not an option
The NASA scientists that are stationed in the middle of the interior ice of Greenland use arctic oven tents. I know because I asked them when I was there and we were having beers. They arenít allowed any sources of outside heat, because it will contaminate their results. And this is what they use and trust with their lives.

I donít buy junk, so I have no interest in these flimsy pop up style Russian garbage.
Copied from the Bereg site

ďThe outer layer is manufactured from sturdy, innovative, and water-resistant material, Oxford 300 PU 4000, and the inner layer is manufactured from Oxford 210 PU 2000.Ē


The AO Nunatak uses a lighter Ripstop nylon outer and Vapex light inner. Just got off the phone with them.


Check your facts before you spew useless info
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-10-2021, 12:52 PM
marky_mark's Avatar
marky_mark marky_mark is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird View Post
Copied from the Bereg site

ďThe outer layer is manufactured from sturdy, innovative, and water-resistant material, Oxford 300 PU 4000, and the inner layer is manufactured from Oxford 210 PU 2000.Ē


The AO Nunatak uses a lighter Ripstop nylon outer and Vapex light inner. Just got off the phone with them.


Check your facts before you spew useless info
Those are totally different materials
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-10-2021, 02:40 PM
firebird firebird is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Those are totally different materials

You are correct. But you said inferior materials. When the Bereg tents are actually made of Ďstrongerí heavy material than the Nunatak you were going to buy

Iím just pointing out you donít know what you are talking about. And you still donít
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-10-2021, 03:37 PM
marky_mark's Avatar
marky_mark marky_mark is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird View Post
You are correct. But you said inferior materials. When the Bereg tents are actually made of Ďstrongerí heavy material than the Nunatak you were going to buy

Iím just pointing out you donít know what you are talking about. And you still donít
Just because itís thicker
Doesnít mean itís better

Hey buy whichever one you like more
Iíll even show you the arctic oven one when mine comes in

Thereís no way Iíd be spending that much money on a Russian pop up tent
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-10-2021, 03:40 PM
firebird firebird is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 13
Default

And the old style AO use the Oxford 300 for an outer layer. Same as the Bereg
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-10-2021, 03:44 PM
firebird firebird is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 13
Default

Marky

Iím not going to buy the Bereg strictly because of the weight (80lbs)Iím going to go with the Great Nunatak (45lbs) at half the weight. Every pound counts in the floatplane.

You got on blowing hard about nothing you know. Based on the fact that is built in Russia and assuming the material was inferior.

And I was pointing out you were wrong

You were contributing nothing useful
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-10-2021, 06:54 PM
marky_mark's Avatar
marky_mark marky_mark is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird View Post
Marky

Iím not going to buy the Bereg strictly because of the weight (80lbs)Iím going to go with the Great Nunatak (45lbs) at half the weight. Every pound counts in the floatplane.

You got on blowing hard about nothing you know. Based on the fact that is built in Russia and assuming the material was inferior.

And I was pointing out you were wrong

You were contributing nothing useful
If you think they are the same material. Nothing I can say will change your mind
And really I donít care what you buy 🤷*♂️

I donít believe everything I read on a website. Same goes for the reviews. Itís all pretty easy to fake.

Russian craftsmanship is the only thing lower than Chinese.

If you want some real advice. If your looking for a stove, Check out 4 dog.
Their titanium stoves will last a lifetime
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-10-2021, 08:51 PM
7mmremmag 7mmremmag is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lloydminster
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
My arctic oven is just plain awesome
Looking at getting the grand nunatak for taking in my jet boat

The materials used for these bereg things are lower quality imitations

Comparing these tents is like comparing a jansport backpack to a stone glacier

As for the stoves, who would pay $800 for that garbage

Iíll list off all the quality built Russian things I know of...........
Which Arctic oven do you own Mark?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-10-2021, 08:56 PM
7mmremmag 7mmremmag is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lloydminster
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Just because itís thicker
Doesnít mean itís better

Hey buy whichever one you like more
Iíll even show you the arctic oven one when mine comes in

Thereís no way Iíd be spending that much money on a Russian pop up tent
The fact that you are so strongly in favor of a product you dont even have yet raises a few flags for people im sure.

Im not trying to be confrontational, I am looking for a few new tents for my outfitting operation and am looking at both of these products.
It would be nice to have a couple real world comparisons of these tents. I have a fly in only operation so weight is definitely a factor.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-10-2021, 09:50 PM
marky_mark's Avatar
marky_mark marky_mark is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
Which Arctic oven do you own Mark?
I have the extreme 10 with the vestibule now
If you want to check it out
When Iím back in Edmonton I can set it up for you
They are hard to find and they canít be found in a store
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-10-2021, 09:56 PM
marky_mark's Avatar
marky_mark marky_mark is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
The fact that you are so strongly in favor of a product you dont even have yet raises a few flags for people im sure.

Im not trying to be confrontational, I am looking for a few new tents for my outfitting operation and am looking at both of these products.
It would be nice to have a couple real world comparisons of these tents. I have a fly in only operation so weight is definitely a factor.
Stone glacier has a new 6 man tent out now
Looks pretty good too

40lb range also
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-11-2021, 08:17 AM
firebird firebird is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
The fact that you are so strongly in favor of a product you dont even have yet raises a few flags for people im sure.

Im not trying to be confrontational, I am looking for a few new tents for my outfitting operation and am looking at both of these products.
It would be nice to have a couple real world comparisons of these tents. I have a fly in only operation so weight is definitely a factor.
PM sent
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.