Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-07-2010, 08:53 PM

Default New sight suggestions

The time has come to part ways with the Vectrix and a new Maxxis 31 will be accompanying me from here on in! Problem being, I am not sure what to put on for a sight yet.

Looking for some feedback, good or bad, about sights some of yous are using. One that I have given some thought to so far is the Apex Nitrous... any one with some first hand experience on it?

Appreciate the info
Old 02-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Just recently got a new G5 optix with the 3 plus hybrid 4th pin and love it. Only been shooting up to 40yards with it so far but the floating 4th pin will come in handy for the 50 to 60 yarders eventually. The G5's seem to be top notch quality and have nice features on them in my opinion.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:26 PM

I think you should buy this apex bow sight from me, came with my Bow and I don't use a lighted site.

6 pin; detachable; lighted sight; with level. looks like new $65.00 shipped

exactly like this - pm for pictures; if interest i'll add them tonight

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0046546418196a.shtml
Old 02-07-2010, 11:45 PM

Try the new Rellik by Athens Archery sight, comes with option of pin size,.010,.019, and .029. Every pin has a micro adjustment with no tools required, and a zero pin capabilities.It has second and third axis adjustments and comes standard with 2 lights, one on the top and one on the bottom.Also you can choose your pin colors and the the whole sight color as well.

Ike's Hunting has actually done a great review on the the sight on you tube.

http://athensarchery.com/alpha.html
Old 02-07-2010, 11:56 PM

I just got the black gold amp sight on my bow and love it. The housing is a nice size for centering in your peep. Also the pins are a good design to help save your fiber optics from getting snagged on things as the optics actually bend around the back of the pin.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:24 AM

Here's the link for Ike' s outdoors hunting review of the Rellik Sight and the Zen Quiver, made By Athens Archery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIcmnf4fl5I
Old 02-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Banned

i'm going to try an axcel armortech for next bow, pricey though, looks like built like tank, fully protected pins, every kind of adjustment and looking at one at basspro the 0.010 pins looked awesome, so i gave them a shout to see if i could custom order in pin configuration i wanted and yup, so an 8 pin is on way, first four pins 19 thou with last four 10 thou, and all of them green except the fourth 19 thou will be red so i have a middle range counting marker

i run 8 19 thou pins now on my modded cobra sidewinder lx alternating green/red and my math/counting works off four pins at a time...odds/evens so that system of finding the right pin in a hurry works great too but i think i'll like the one red one in the middle to reference the mid and long distances not to mention the two different sizes of pins will help keep it quick too

http://www.axcelsights.com/

the other one i was looking at was the viper h-1000 as the 10 thou pins looked good in this one too and i would have ordered enough extra pins to configure the same as what i'm doing above

http://www.viperarcheryproducts.com/h1000.html
Old 02-08-2010, 10:50 AM

Spot Hogg
Old 02-08-2010, 11:14 AM

I have always used Trophy Ridge and have had great luck with them..

I think I am going to go with this one for my new bow..

http://www.trophyridge.com/sights/crazy8/
Old 02-08-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
i'm going to try an axcel armortech for next bow, pricey though, looks like built like tank, fully protected pins, every kind of adjustment and looking at one at basspro the 0.010 pins looked awesome, so i gave them a shout to see if i could custom order in pin configuration i wanted and yup, so an 8 pin is on way, first four pins 19 thou with last four 10 thou, and all of them green except the fourth 19 thou will be red so i have a middle range counting marker

i run 8 19 thou pins now on my modded cobra sidewinder lx alternating green/red and my math/counting works off four pins at a time...odds/evens so that system of finding the right pin in a hurry works great too but i think i'll like the one red one in the middle to reference the mid and long distances not to mention the two different sizes of pins will help keep it quick too

http://www.axcelsights.com/

the other one i was looking at was the viper h-1000 as the 10 thou pins looked good in this one too and i would have ordered enough extra pins to configure the same as what i'm doing above

http://www.viperarcheryproducts.com/h1000.html
X2!
I've had one of these on my bow for about a month now
and it IS built like a tank. Not really heavy and the pins
are so bright even with no auxilary lighting. Great sight!
Yes, it is pricy but, you get what you pay for.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 PM

Appreciate the replies, certainly a few to consider. I know that some of these are available at shops I've visited, but how about the Axcel and Athen's Archery products? Anybody have these stocked so a guy could take a look?

Fish - I will be in touch if I decide to go with the Apex, thanks.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUM View Post
Appreciate the replies, certainly a few to consider. I know that some of these are available at shops I've visited, but how about the Axcel and Athen's Archery products? Anybody have these stocked so a guy could take a look?

i looked at the viper at jim bows and the axcel at bass pro
Old 02-08-2010, 03:30 PM

I'm running a Octane NSX so far so good. No Complaints. but havnt tried anything else.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUM View Post

I believe that Jimbow's in Calgary is now carrying some of the Athens gear, not sure if he has the Rellik sight yet, but I'll check for you and let you know. I got mine on order should be here this week. Shoot me a p.m and I'll glady show the sight when it arrives.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:08 PM

Default Tough question

i have had a few i like the spot hogg the best but i have had viper ,cobra,copperjohn,extreme,toxonics they were all great but i like the spot hogg HOGG IT the best
Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Banned

I switched to a Flashpoint last year and love it! Its bright as **** in low light and easy to adjust.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 AM

I had a spot hog, and they make a tuff sight. Then i got the flashpoint sight, thought it was better, very good sight. My new bow needed a new sight, and I bought the OCTANE NSX, this sight comes with a light that is on magnets, you can take it on and off in less than a second. the pins are bright, so bright in side that i put the light cover on when shooting inside at 3d, and the light will work great in my ground blind. everything is mico adjust, It's the best sight I have owned. Just awesome. Check it out.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntAB View Post
I switched to a Flashpoint last year and love it! Its bright as **** in low light and easy to adjust.
X2
Old 02-09-2010, 06:07 PM

Thanks again for all the responses, alot of quality sights out there which is why I was trying to get a feel of what others had good luck with.

Well the Maxxis will be wearing a Axcel Armortech. Not quite as advanced as your planned system Stinky, but definitely like your idea... may "steal" your plan once I get it here and have a chance to tinker with it!

Should all be here by the end of the week, can't wait to shoot
Old 02-10-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Try the new Rellik by Athens Archery sight, comes with option of pin size,.010,.019, and .029. Every pin has a micro adjustment with no tools required, and a zero pin capabilities.It has second and third axis adjustments and comes standard with 2 lights, one on the top and one on the bottom.Also you can choose your pin colors and the the whole sight color as well.

Ike's Hunting has actually done a great review on the the sight on you tube.

http://athensarchery.com/alpha.html
I have one of these sights and they are bar none one of the best out there.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:10 AM

Default Spott Hogg

I have a Spott Hogg seven deadly pin on my APA Mamba X2 and love it!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:30 AM

Default Spot Hogg

I run a Spot Hogg, on my rig.Some of those links are pretty intresting though, but i'll stick with what I know, it's strong, and put together right.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:10 AM

spot hog all the way
Old 02-15-2010, 11:53 AM

Default meat and potatoes

Impact archery's Hamerhead 5 pin NI-155. Over 8' of fiber optic very good in low light. I have them on my Switchback and use this bow for hunting. The fiber optics are cased in steel and this thing is tough. There's also a hole in the botom of the sight that must be for a level but if I line up the peep and that hole I can hit hit my target bag every time at 100 yards! That's crazy i know but fun.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned

I have been looking at sights for my bows and have heard good reviews on spot hogg, hha and black gold. I have a G5 5pin and for the money I'm not overly impressed and I have a truglo which literally fell apart while I was shooting. I'm looking for a used spot hogg, hha or black gold for now until I decide which one I want to buy new. If anyone has one let me know. My pse xforce ss and hoyt maxxis 31 both need new sights.