Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 10-19-2018, 02:36 PM
Red Bullets's Avatar
Red Bullets Red Bullets is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: central Alberta
Posts: 8,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
An honest question... I've never smelled a living pot plant, do they have the same type of odor?
Yes they can if disturbed by a breeze or rubbing up against them. If you ran through a pot field you would be really fragrant and covered in crystals.
__________________
Origins of the word "Meat". Cavemen would kill an animal and go to the tribal fire and say, "Me Eat!"
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 10-19-2018, 02:53 PM
tirebob tirebob is offline
AO Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Water Valley, AB
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
more like 99.999% have given up talking to the wall. Hard to argue with a segment of the society that's basic comeback is whoaaa dude mellow out maaan I smell awesome
That is the thing though. The visual people get when they think of pot smokers are hippies, heads, stoners etc, but the simple truth is that the vast majority of the people who imbibe in cannabis are everyday tax payers who come from every walk of life.

In my business I engage my clients and we talk about all manner of things while their vehicles are being worked on, and so many are people you would never assume. Everyone from doctors to lawyers to CEO's to engineers to professors to law enforcement to the elderly etc, etc, etc use it, and you would never know because for the most part they don't advertise it due to the preconceived notions people have of cannabis users. These are hard working, smart, intelligent and responsible people, and there are more of those who are pot users than your old Cheech and Chong types. These people do not puff and drive. They do not puff and work. Their recreational escape has no bearing on their quality contributions to society and contribute they do!

I just ask people keep an open mind and not be too judgemental of them. As time goes on I am confident the stigma will fall away and one day we will look back on this just as people do on the prohibition of alcohol now.
__________________
Bob Blakeborough
Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire Inc
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
403.769.1771
bob@urbanexp.ca
www.urbanexp.ca
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 10-19-2018, 02:59 PM
sns2's Avatar
sns2 sns2 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: My House
Posts: 6,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
That is the thing though. The visual people get when they think of pot smokers are hippies, heads, stoners etc, but the simple truth is that the vast majority of the people who imbibe in cannabis are everyday tax payers who come from every walk of life.

In my business I engage my clients and we talk about all manner of things while their vehicles are being worked on, and so many are people you would never assume. Everyone from doctors to lawyers to CEO's to engineers to professors to law enforcement to the elderly etc, etc, etc use it, and you would never know because for the most part they don't advertise it due to the preconceived notions people have of cannabis users. These are hard working, smart, intelligent and responsible people, and there are more of those who are pot users than your old Cheech and Chong types. These people do not puff and drive. They do not puff and work. Their recreational escape has no bearing on their quality contributions to society and contribute they do!

I just ask people keep an open mind and not be too judgemental of them. As time goes on I am confident the stigma will fall away and one day we will look back on this just as people do on the prohibition of alcohol now.
Very, very well said.

Too bad some are so silly about all this and prefer the "Chicken Little - Sky is Falling" view of life. Take your pick... the devil's music (aka rock and roll), gays, same-sex marriage, pot et. al. Yet, the sun just keeps rising in the morning. Whoda thunk it?
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 10-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Twisted Canuck's Avatar
Twisted Canuck Twisted Canuck is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alberta
Posts: 8,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
That is the thing though. The visual people get when they think of pot smokers are hippies, heads, stoners etc, but the simple truth is that the vast majority of the people who imbibe in cannabis are everyday tax payers who come from every walk of life.

In my business I engage my clients and we talk about all manner of things while their vehicles are being worked on, and so many are people you would never assume. Everyone from doctors to lawyers to CEO's to engineers to professors to law enforcement to the elderly etc, etc, etc use it, and you would never know because for the most part they don't advertise it due to the preconceived notions people have of cannabis users. These are hard working, smart, intelligent and responsible people, and there are more of those who are pot users than your old Cheech and Chong types. These people do not puff and drive. They do not puff and work. Their recreational escape has no bearing on their quality contributions to society and contribute they do!

I just ask people keep an open mind and not be too judgemental of them. As time goes on I am confident the stigma will fall away and one day we will look back on this just as people do on the prohibition of alcohol now.
I agree with this, it is well stated. I know people who do exactly as you say, and you would never know they used it....but part of that is because they are really respectful of where they smoke it too (not being secretive, just aware that some people don't like the smell and I put myself in that category. I hate cigarette smoke too, but I enjoy a Dominican cigar on occasion myself. I always try to be sensitive of those around me, to not have my smoke blowing at them).

There is the 'other side' though Bob, I personally have the unfortunate circumstance of having to work with another crew of tradespeople who reek like pot the moment they show up to work (and they have embarrassed me a couple times, meeting with me and clients like this)....they smoke at coffee break, they smoke at lunch, they smoke at coffee break, they smoke before they head home after work, and I assume they smoke when they get home and before they go to bed. I learned my lesson the first time I knocked on the window of their truck and they rolled it down to talk to me, I almost gagged.

So while the stereotype may not be fair to all, there is a reason the stereotype exists....as always, some making the whole look bad. I personally don't care if people use it recreationally, after a productive day of work and contributing as you said...We both know I enjoy a good scotch, each to his own. But I do have issue with those who are perpetually high...even if they are 'high functioning stoners' who do good work while high. Sobriety on the job site is a safety issue for me.
__________________
'...for a Nation to try and tax itself to prosperity, is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself by the handle.'. Winston Churchill

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

"Slŕinte mhňr agad!"
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 10-19-2018, 03:15 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 8,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
An honest question... I've never smelled a living pot plant, do they have the same type of odor?
Different smell. I love the smell of fresh pot.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 10-19-2018, 03:34 PM
sns2's Avatar
sns2 sns2 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: My House
Posts: 6,855
Default

And the employer should put the run on them no different than if they showed up to work 6 sheets to the wind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I agree with this, it is well stated. I know people who do exactly as you say, and you would never know they used it....but part of that is because they are really respectful of where they smoke it too (not being secretive, just aware that some people don't like the smell and I put myself in that category. I hate cigarette smoke too, but I enjoy a Dominican cigar on occasion myself. I always try to be sensitive of those around me, to not have my smoke blowing at them).

There is the 'other side' though Bob, I personally have the unfortunate circumstance of having to work with another crew of tradespeople who reek like pot the moment they show up to work (and they have embarrassed me a couple times, meeting with me and clients like this)....they smoke at coffee break, they smoke at lunch, they smoke at coffee break, they smoke before they head home after work, and I assume they smoke when they get home and before they go to bed. I learned my lesson the first time I knocked on the window of their truck and they rolled it down to talk to me, I almost gagged.

So while the stereotype may not be fair to all, there is a reason the stereotype exists....as always, some making the whole look bad. I personally don't care if people use it recreationally, after a productive day of work and contributing as you said...We both know I enjoy a good scotch, each to his own. But I do have issue with those who are perpetually high...even if they are 'high functioning stoners' who do good work while high. Sobriety on the job site is a safety issue for me.
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10-19-2018, 03:38 PM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 3,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
You must be joking or perhaps partaking a little too heavily if you think the smell just goes away and doesn't stay with the people who use . Had some renters that used the pantry to store their bongs and it took us a month to get the smell out of the cupboards after they left,if they had smoked in the house it would have been very costly indeed to get the stank out.

Pot smokers are similar to cat ladies, they just can't seem to grasp the fact that they smell bad and not everyone loves their habit (addiction perhaps?) as much as they do. If you spend a week in the bush hunting moose with your pals and no shower you think all is well till you get home and the wife won't go near you because you stink.... same idea .

Obese people stink too. Now what???
__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.

Last edited by 1899b; 10-19-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10-19-2018, 03:39 PM
Twisted Canuck's Avatar
Twisted Canuck Twisted Canuck is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alberta
Posts: 8,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
And the employer should put the run on them no different than if they showed up to work 6 sheets to the wind.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yes, I agree...but they never seem to get caught by the super (and if they did, he'd probably smoke with them anyway...). They are sub contractor, just like myself, and the 'boss' is smoking with his crew. The sad thing is they are in high demand, and really do good work, and if they got skidded here there are 3 more builders that would be happy to put them to work tomorrow, so they don't really care. I don't work around them generally (I come in and finish the drywall they hang) but enough to know their routine.
__________________
'...for a Nation to try and tax itself to prosperity, is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself by the handle.'. Winston Churchill

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

"Slŕinte mhňr agad!"
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10-19-2018, 03:43 PM
tirebob tirebob is offline
AO Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Water Valley, AB
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I agree with this, it is well stated. I know people who do exactly as you say, and you would never know they used it....but part of that is because they are really respectful of where they smoke it too (not being secretive, just aware that some people don't like the smell and I put myself in that category. I hate cigarette smoke too, but I enjoy a Dominican cigar on occasion myself. I always try to be sensitive of those around me, to not have my smoke blowing at them).

There is the 'other side' though Bob, I personally have the unfortunate circumstance of having to work with another crew of tradespeople who reek like pot the moment they show up to work (and they have embarrassed me a couple times, meeting with me and clients like this)....they smoke at coffee break, they smoke at lunch, they smoke at coffee break, they smoke before they head home after work, and I assume they smoke when they get home and before they go to bed. I learned my lesson the first time I knocked on the window of their truck and they rolled it down to talk to me, I almost gagged.

So while the stereotype may not be fair to all, there is a reason the stereotype exists....as always, some making the whole look bad. I personally don't care if people use it recreationally, after a productive day of work and contributing as you said...We both know I enjoy a good scotch, each to his own. But I do have issue with those who are perpetually high...even if they are 'high functioning stoners' who do good work while high. Sobriety on the job site is a safety issue for me.
By all means I agree 100% Twisted! I get grossed out hard when that stinky chain smoker who seems to just absorb tobacco smoke into every pore of his body comes in breathing cigarette breath in my face too and I do everything in my power to remove myself from the "zone of grossness" before I hurl, or the guy who seems to think it is okay to walk into my shop and light up a smoke with no regard to those around him. That said, a whiff of cigarette smoke doesn't make me upset or anything. I just need to remove myself from the overload of it.

Everybody should think about those around them before doing anything that not everyone may appreciate. I am just like you. If I smoke a cigar, it is out on my own deck, or at a place with others who partake or don't mind. If I am enjoying a scotch or 4, it is my own home or only outside my home if I don't have to drive anywhere. If I have a puff I am not doing so at the expense of everyone around me.

My point was more to contradict the perceived implication that everyone who smokes cannabis is a deadhead, or is inconsiderate of others, or is dangerous to society, and that said idea is just plain wrong. Sure there are potheads who are oblivious to others around them, and wrongly so, but just as true there are many non-pot smokers that are just as useless and oblivious to their impact on others. My issue is simply labeling the cannabis users as the scourge of society rather than just singling out the person that is a jerk and acknowledging that some of us can use it and be good, hard working people, and in fact that describes the vast majority of us.
__________________
Bob Blakeborough
Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire Inc
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
403.769.1771
bob@urbanexp.ca
www.urbanexp.ca

Last edited by tirebob; 10-19-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 10-19-2018, 03:44 PM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 3,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
That is the thing though. The visual people get when they think of pot smokers are hippies, heads, stoners etc, but the simple truth is that the vast majority of the people who imbibe in cannabis are everyday tax payers who come from every walk of life.

In my business I engage my clients and we talk about all manner of things while their vehicles are being worked on, and so many are people you would never assume. Everyone from doctors to lawyers to CEO's to engineers to professors to law enforcement to the elderly etc, etc, etc use it, and you would never know because for the most part they don't advertise it due to the preconceived notions people have of cannabis users. These are hard working, smart, intelligent and responsible people, and there are more of those who are pot users than your old Cheech and Chong types. These people do not puff and drive. They do not puff and work. Their recreational escape has no bearing on their quality contributions to society and contribute they do!

I just ask people keep an open mind and not be too judgemental of them. As time goes on I am confident the stigma will fall away and one day we will look back on this just as people do on the prohibition of alcohol now.

Excellent post.....
__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 10-19-2018, 04:08 PM
The Elkster The Elkster is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,979
Default

The sky is falling the sky is falling. OMG the smell how will I live. Think of the children! Surely this will lead to legal human/horse marriages and a total collapse of society.

Last edited by sns2; 10-19-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 10-19-2018, 04:17 PM
Crankbait Crankbait is offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Drinking on a boat is illegal. Driving the boat and drinking is illegal and dangerous. Pot is not illegal. Nor is talking about pot illegal or dangerous. Lol
no kidding.

my point is, maybe it's better to talk about pot in a slightly more responsible manner, like we do when we post on responsible firearms use.

even if there is one member on ao who is under 18, shouldn't we be more responsible in our posts.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 10-19-2018, 05:03 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 8,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
no kidding.

my point is, maybe it's better to talk about pot in a slightly more responsible manner, like we do when we post on responsible firearms use.

even if there is one member on ao who is under 18, shouldn't we be more responsible in our posts.
What is being said that’s irresponsible in this thread?
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 10-19-2018, 05:05 PM
Crankbait Crankbait is offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I can not wait to see what the next election brings when it comes to buying votes.
I hear Andrew Scheer is planning on proposing a bill that allows flying your drone above campsites where people are trying to relax, and another where it will be ok to catch rides on the back of a quad without helmets and carrying open liquor in a public space
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 10-19-2018, 05:07 PM
sgill808 sgill808 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
What is being said that’s irresponsible in this thread?
Kid could be high and really end up thinking moose can talk.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 10-19-2018, 05:10 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Camrose
Posts: 8,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Kid could be high and really end up thinking moose can talk.
I got nothing for a retort.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 10-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Ken07AOVette's Avatar
Ken07AOVette Ken07AOVette is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 17,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
You are too funny...as long as everyone agrees with your opinion things are great...correct??
Kinda the pot calling the kettle black!
I know some people dont agree with me. That's where you and I differ, you think everyone agrees with you lol

My opinion is wrong according to you. I am not even allowed an opinion in your world. Things must be great for you too!

And I'm done in this thread. I learned many years ago while working in bars there is no reasoning with drunks. Guess i forgot that one. Done beating my head against the wall here.
__________________
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 10-19-2018, 06:13 PM
Weedy1's Avatar
Weedy1 Weedy1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,250
Default

Hey Ken, if you smell skunk next time you're in an elevator think of this.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/ontario-...duct-1.1154447


Last edited by Weedy1; 10-19-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 10-19-2018, 07:34 PM
birdee's Avatar
birdee birdee is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: edmonton
Posts: 671
Default

sorry im with ken on this one
dont smoke any kind of product and dont care for it
cant breath at all when it is my direct vicinity
meaning i have to leave or the offender has to leave.
so i leave coughing so bad i cant breathe.
partake if you want but not in my airspace.

you like to smoke the by product of your pleasure is smoke
it permeates my hair and clothes.
my pleasure is beer the by product of it is pee
do i stand on a chair and pi$$ all over your clothes and hair?
__________________
the more people i meet the better i like my dog
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 10-19-2018, 08:41 PM
Weedy1's Avatar
Weedy1 Weedy1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdee View Post
sorry im with ken on this one
dont smoke any kind of product and dont care for it
cant breath at all when it is my direct vicinity
meaning i have to leave or the offender has to leave.
so i leave coughing so bad i cant breathe.
partake if you want but not in my airspace.

you like to smoke the by product of your pleasure is smoke
it permeates my hair and clothes.
my pleasure is beer the by product of it is pee
do i stand on a chair and pi$$ all over your clothes and hair?
What are you doing? Hanging around crack houses?
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 10-19-2018, 08:51 PM
bobalong's Avatar
bobalong bobalong is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdee View Post
sorry im with ken on this one
dont smoke any kind of product and dont care for it
cant breath at all when it is my direct vicinity
meaning i have to leave or the offender has to leave.
so i leave coughing so bad i cant breathe.
partake if you want but not in my airspace.

you like to smoke the by product of your pleasure is smoke
it permeates my hair and clothes.
my pleasure is beer the by product of it is pee
do i stand on a chair and pi$$ all over your clothes and hair?
And how many times have you got behind the wheel after having that one or two to many beers...................... and what is the by product of that?
__________________
If I am lucky enough to live at the lake one day, that's lucky enough.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 10-19-2018, 09:05 PM
sgill808 sgill808 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 990
Default

I dont smoke.

When I walk down the street with my kids and there is someone smoking, I just move to the side a few feet so we dont have to smell it and then get on with our day.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 10-20-2018, 09:59 AM
270person 270person is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,387
Default

Gotta love the term "Potheads" being used by some in here to describe anyone who uses it.

I guess it's ok then to use "Alcoholic" when referring to anyone who drinks.

I had no idea so many got their marijuana facts from this enlightening source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0
__________________
My greatest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 10-20-2018, 12:44 PM
roughneckin roughneckin is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Gotta love the term "Potheads" being used by some in here to describe anyone who uses it.

I guess it's ok then to use "Alcoholic" when referring to anyone who drinks.

I had no idea so many got their marijuana facts from this enlightening source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0
Nah it be more akin to “Boozer” or “****tank” I feel.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 10-20-2018, 01:49 PM
fluxcore's Avatar
fluxcore fluxcore is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdee View Post
sorry im with ken on this one
dont smoke any kind of product and dont care for it
cant breath at all when it is my direct vicinity
meaning i have to leave or the offender has to leave.
so i leave coughing so bad i cant breathe.
partake if you want but not in my airspace.

you like to smoke the by product of your pleasure is smoke
it permeates my hair and clothes.
my pleasure is beer the by product of it is pee
do i stand on a chair and pi$$ all over your clothes and hair?
Hahahah, really ? I literally don’t know when I’ve been close enough to be coughing from second hand smoke! Tell the guys blowing it directly on you to cut it out ! And “no” driving after these occurrences please. Also what’s with your wording like “offender” and “my airspace” its legal and ownership of airspace is a tough proposition........move !

Last edited by fluxcore; 10-20-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 10-20-2018, 02:09 PM
overparr overparr is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 103
Default

Ok lets get rid of the diesel Then what will we eat, drink, and live in. This country and many others were built on diesel power.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 10-20-2018, 02:16 PM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 3,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by overparr View Post
Ok lets get rid of the diesel Then what will we eat, drink, and live in. This country and many others were built on diesel power.
No that won’t do....

__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 10-20-2018, 02:31 PM
Red Bullets's Avatar
Red Bullets Red Bullets is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: central Alberta
Posts: 8,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Kid could be high and really end up thinking moose can talk.
I agree that some kids and even adults can react in odd ways when high but just in fun....

I can see it now on CBC national news.... "Since the legalization of marijuana a young Alberta man in a stoned state discovers he is a moose whisperer. Locals call the man Dolittle because he is usually stoned and does little. But now he works full time for the government talking to moose about staying out of Calgary. He seems to be doing a good job. When's the last time you saw a moose in downtown Calgary? Back to you Ed."

Hmm. A kid thinking a moose can talk and the kid talks back to the moose? It's been done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg muskeg_.jpg (31.5 KB, 16 views)
__________________
Origins of the word "Meat". Cavemen would kill an animal and go to the tribal fire and say, "Me Eat!"

Last edited by Red Bullets; 10-20-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 10-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Okotok's Avatar
Okotok Okotok is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Calgary
Posts: 365
Default

Fact, is, alcohol breaks up families, can be very addictive, destroys lives, is a major cause of accidents, kills those who drink to excess, causes violent behavior and poor decision making with many people.
It is legal though and is fine in moderation, something many struggle with.

Fact is, I've never heard of a family breaking up over marijuana, it's not addictive but can be habit forming. Very few stats on it being the cause of major accidents, unlike alcohol. Does not kill people other than potentially from lung or other cancers if smoked. Does not cause violent behavior and if anything, the opposite. Poor decision making, maybe.

I've never seen anyone fall over drunk on cannabis or have an embarrassing projectile vomiting session. Fall asleep, sure but no worries of them drowning in their own puke.

It's medicinal use has proven very valuable and without substitute for many people. Recreational use is an order of magnitude or 6 better and safer than alcohol use and get this, it's legal!
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 10-20-2018, 03:36 PM
gunluvr's Avatar
gunluvr gunluvr is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
An honest question... I've never smelled a living pot plant, do they have the same type of odor?
No more than trees smell like burned trees. Well ...maybe a little more.
__________________
Some days you're a bullet; some days you're a gopher.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.