Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2018, 03:38 PM

Default Duratracs

Just a heads up for anyone looking - Duratracs go on sale tomorrow at Can Tire. Sale runs til the 17th.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:43 PM

Price? 3 for 4? Any idea?
Old 10-10-2018, 03:59 PM

I know you won't find them cheaper anywhere in Canada when Can Tire does their sale. I needed a new set last year after I ripped a tire open on broken pair of visescripts some donkey threw into the middle of the highway. When I got to Tirecraft the owner of the store flat out told me to go buy them at Can Tire and bring them back for an install. He said when Can Tire does their sale, no one can touch their price, his cost was $100 higher than what I bought them for.

True story!

Also, shoutout to Tirecraft in Stony Plain. Good guys and gals there.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:26 PM

I've taken the quote from Can Tire to Fountain Tire and they've matched the price. No Can Tire real close to me so easier to get stuff done at Fountain Tire.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:34 PM

Cool, they had a good deal on them about 3 weeks back that I missed. Last week they had a good deal on the BFG Ko2.

I have access to the national distributor through a friends work, CT beats the distributors cost buy a bunch.

I will check out CT tomorrow and see what my size costs. Thanks
Old 10-10-2018, 05:37 PM
AO Sponsor

We tend to be pretty close to CT sale prices on our Duratracs for the most part for AO members, but that only helps when you are close by (Calgary). You might be surprised when you check around, but you definitely need to be dealing with a preferred Goodyear supplier as those that just buy them middle man will have a tough time getting close to the sale costs.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 10-10-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Price? 3 for 4? Any idea?
3 for 4? That sounds like one of them new fangled marketing schemes.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 10-10-2018, 05:44 PM

Heard fountian tire is doing four for three.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:43 PM

I bought a set of 35x12.50 17’s at Fountain Tire 2 weeks ago and they matched the Canadian Tire Sale price.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:25 PM
Banned

I'm very impressed with tirebob's prices. I don't know Bob but I will bet that he needs the money more than the CEO of Canadian tire
Old 10-11-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I'm very impressed with tirebob's prices. I don't know Bob but I will bet that he needs the money more than the CEO of Canadian tire
Agree, he sure seems to have helped a few here. Too bad its almost 6 hrs round trip in the truck for tires or i would buy my next set from him.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:06 AM

He goes out of his way to answer questions regardless where they live even if unlikely he will get there business. Seems like one of the good guys.

Im down in the Calgary area 3-4 times a year. I wont hesitate to deal with Bob next time i need tires.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
He goes out of his way to answer questions regardless where they live even if unlikely he will get there business. Seems like one of the good guys.

Agreed.

Closer to an 18 hour round trip for me so that’s obviously out of the question but I do appreciate the information he gives out and it helped me decide on the Duratracs I just bought.

If I lived down Calgary way I wouldn’t hesitate to use him.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Agreed.

Closer to an 18 hour round trip for me so that’s obviously out of the question but I do appreciate the information he gives out and it helped me decide on the Duratracs I just bought.

If I lived down Calgary way I wouldn’t hesitate to use him.
I give this post two thumbs up. My situation exactly.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post

Im down in the Calgary area 3-4 times a year. I wont hesitate to deal with Bob next time i need tires.
His prices are good and his service is great. I am in Edmonton but will be buying a set of summer tires from Bob in the spring based on his pricing and customer service.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Agree, he sure seems to have helped a few here. Too bad its almost 6 hrs round trip in the truck for tires or i would buy my next set from him.
Lol that is my problem except about a 16 hr rounder. Going down there anyways for antelope. Figure between my wife's tires and mine gonna safe about $800.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:05 PM

priced out 285/75/18 129Q load rating duratracs and fountain tire is about $1 cheaper per tire
than crappy tire 25% off sale
Old 10-11-2018, 06:18 PM

275/70/r18 - E rated 125Q

Fountain Tire quoted $281/tire

Canadian Tire quoted $263/tire
Old 10-11-2018, 07:08 PM

Always been a big fan of Duratracs for anyone questioning whether they should get them. Arguably the best all-around tire on the market.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:14 PM

Booked in to Fountain in Fort Sask. in 2 weeks for Duratracs 265-70-17’s, at $228 ea.

TBark
Old 10-11-2018, 09:39 PM

Default Canadian tire

Just returned from Manning crossing canadian tire, they are rotating the brands which are on sale, so not all brands are on sale at same time? The BF Goodrich sale ended yesterday but they still honoured the price. New All Terrain ko2s for this guy!!
Old 10-20-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post
His prices are good and his service is great. I am in Edmonton but will be buying a set of summer tires from Bob in the spring based on his pricing and customer service.
I know it’s a little late to be adding to this thread... but i can’t exaggerate this quote enough.
If you’re close enough, go see Bob. Their AO prices are better than Canadian tire and fountain tire sale prices, phenomenal customer service and quick installation.
I saved about $100 over the best pricing Canadian tire and fountain tire could offer, and had my truck in within a day.
Go see Bob. You won’t be disappointed.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:02 PM

Agree with the positive comments on Tire Bob's service and prices. Four new KO2s on my truck yesterday. Had a great chat with him too. Less than an hour and I was out the door.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:23 PM
AO Sponsor

Well thank you all very much for the kind words! I am super happy you are all pleased with our service. I love meeting fellow AO members and putting a faces to the names!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 10-21-2018, 09:37 AM
Banned

Why durotracs? Eveytime I see them on a truck that has seen a lot of gravel, they look beat to crap. Coopers, not so much. Don't know the max mileage on either tire though.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:01 AM

Default Duratrax

This is good news
Old 10-21-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickakooKookoo View Post
Just a heads up for anyone looking - Duratracs go on sale tomorrow at Can Tire. Sale runs til the 17th.
CT and Fountain tire are about the most expensive tire places going, do your homework and shop around. I bought my tires from a local garage not a chain and they beat CT and Fountain hands down. You should note that the 4/3 sale only applies to the most expensive tires they have and that CT tires are usually only 6 ply or standard load rating. Like I said do your home work, these are the last places I would ever buy a tire from. Check out the General Grabber ATx that is what i went with, most bang for your buck for a 20" rim.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheasinator View Post
CT and Fountain tire are about the most expensive tire places going, do your homework and shop around. I bought my tires from a local garage not a chain and they beat CT and Fountain hands down. You should note that the 4/3 sale only applies to the most expensive tires they have and that CT tires are usually only 6 ply or standard load rating. Like I said do your home work, these are the last places I would ever buy a tire from. Check out the General Grabber ATx that is what i went with, most bang for your buck for a 20" rim.
Then give us a name where to go. Most people I know shop around before they buy. If CT is the cheapest for the exact tire why would you go elsewhere This thread was started for all that were looking for a good deal not to bash the poster. As always everyone has an opinion on what tire is better-not what the thread was about.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
Why durotracs? Eveytime I see them on a truck that has seen a lot of gravel, they look beat to crap. Coopers, not so much. Don't know the max mileage on either tire though.
Gravel is very hard on tires....doesnt matter the brand.
Anything with a more aggressive ...softer tread is gonna get abused.
I havent found Duratracs to be any worse than any other tires.
They do tend to have deeper tread depth,and every tire Ive owned is very good the first winter of driving but definitely sufferes the second winter.
I usually get mine siped for the second winter and that helps.
Finding places that sipe tires.....thats the hard part.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:02 PM

Kal Tire in GP siped the BFG AT's that I used to run. Check them out.