Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-24-2021, 10:07 PM
Banned

Default Looking for a Hunting Partner

Hi All,

I have recently got into hunting and am now hoping to find a hunting partner to tag along with this season and onward if possible. A close friend of mine who was going to mentor me got a job in a different province so I am now left all alone, and quite honestly I am struggling a bit... Thinking of starting out with bear (I know many would not recommend this) and targeting deer afterwards in November. I am based in Calgary.

If there is anything I can offer in exchange, I would call myself a decent fisherman and I can share what I know about fishing, if interested.

Whether you are an expert or beginner, I am willing to learn humbly and absorb as much as I can so please drop me a message!
Old 08-24-2021, 10:13 PM

If you tell us where you live that would help.

Also, if you have boobs you might want to mention it because you’ll probably get more offers for mentoring…😁
Old 08-24-2021, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post

Also, if you have boobs you might want to mention it because you’ll probably get more offers for mentoring…😁
Lol
Old 08-25-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:

Thanks I just about choked on my coffee lol

To the OP I recommend spending time in the range rifle or bow depending on your interest and get to know people. Probably the best way to make sure your personalities click

Or you might end up with a mentor like Positrac that could offend you if you are sensitive or be the right amount of smart mouth to keep it entertaining
Old 08-25-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertahunter8792 View Post
Hi All,

I have recently got into hunting and am now hoping to find a hunting partner to tag along with this season and onward if possible. A close friend of mine who was going to mentor me got a job in a different province so I am now left all alone, and quite honestly I am struggling a bit... Thinking of starting out with bear (I know many would not recommend this) and targeting deer afterwards in November. I am based in Calgary.

If there is anything I can offer in exchange, I would call myself a decent fisherman and I can share what I know about fishing, if interested.

Whether you are an expert or beginner, I am willing to learn humbly and absorb as much as I can so please drop me a message!
There is a thread on here called"Looking for a hunting partner"Take a look and good luck.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
To the OP I recommend spending time in the range rifle or bow depending on your interest and get to know people. Probably the best way to make sure your personalities click
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
There is a thread on here called"Looking for a hunting partner"Take a look and good luck.
Both are excellent recommendations!
Old 08-26-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:

On this site that means post op or overweight......

If the person is a natural born woman who wants to learn to hunt she would be taken by now

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."