Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-24-2018, 11:28 PM
Banned

Default Draw Strategies

Under Albertarelm I can see each WMU and how many special licenses are issued and the spread between the priorities drawn.
But, is there a report that shows me the number of applicants for that WMU and species that weren't drawn? One WMU I looked at showed showed 251 tags to be issued of which it appears that all of the priority 2's or higher were drawn and 171 priority 1's were drawn . But I'd like to know how many of the 1's that applied were not drawn.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:17 AM

Have a look a the column to the right. It shows how many people tried for the draw. It gives the actual percentage of people drawn.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:01 PM

Default draw reports

mywildalberta.com lists all the draws and harvest reports for each WMU going back a lot of years. If you look on the far right the total applicants are listed. So take quota minus total applicants and if you get a positive value then that draw was undersubscribed. Will say that the new format for 2017 is not as nice as previous years. Found that if you select a species and then scroll to your chosen WMU if you scroll to quick you will find that your looking a Bull or doe draws instead of your desired species/season.