Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Default CIL 607 12gauge

I've recently became the newest owner of a 12 gauge CIL 607 pump action shotgun. The price was right for a fellow with little shotgun experience so home it came. As far as I know it is still in it's original state. However I have found little info online for it.
I was wondering if anybody could tell me what type of choke these came in, whether or not it will be fine for steel and slugs and anything else helpful I should know. There was very little info engraved on the shotgun itself.
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:33 PM

Your C.I.L. was made by Savage, same as a model 67IIRC.
Nice , economical guns with vent ribs.
The standard models do not take down however, so they can be a bit of a pain to clean and store at times.
The normally came with full, modified and improved cylinder fixed chokes with full being the most common.

The the full choke would not be a good choice for steel, and likely cost more than the gun itself is worth to get it reamed open fr steel IMO.

Cat
Old 05-26-2018, 12:17 AM

I had one of these shotguns & they had a full choke . You can check this by laying a dime on the barrel end . I would not use steel shot at all in this gun unless you want to become a statistic ! The gun shot 2 3/4 & 3 inch magnum shells & had a 30 inch barrel & had very good balance & action ! I bought mine at the bay in edmonton for $65 . Should have kept it as i shot a lot of geese & ducks & upland birds with it when you could use lead instead of steel ! Would be great for pheasants ,etc. Just run a pull through , through the barrel & a couple drops of gun oil should do it !
Old 05-28-2018, 07:55 PM

Default 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Your C.I.L. was made by Savage, same as a model 67IIRC.
Nice , economical guns with vent ribs.
The standard models do not take down however, so they can be a bit of a pain to clean and store at times.
The normally came with full, modified and improved cylinder fixed chokes with full being the most common.

The the full choke would not be a good choice for steel, and likely cost more than the gun itself is worth to get it reamed open fr steel IMO.

Cat
Well, this pretty much tells it all. Good response Cat!
Old 05-28-2018, 08:12 PM

I sold one on here last year for $100 as a truck/tractor/road chicken gun....just got my money back that I had into it.
It wouldn't cycle after firing a round,you needed to push the release each time to open the action....full disclosure,it was a $100 beater,which is more info then I had when I bought it.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:01 PM

I have a CIL Mod 607 series B 12 ga, and cannot find a schematic for it, I need a firing pin, was a hand me down and pin was taken out and lost so I have nothing to compare to. Can anyone help?
Old 12-03-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaky View Post
I have a CIL Mod 607 series B 12 ga, and cannot find a schematic for it, I need a firing pin, was a hand me down and pin was taken out and lost so I have nothing to compare to. Can anyone help?
Try a model 67 Savage
Cat