Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2024, 06:58 AM

Default They Are Back

Well the thieves are back out in the Athabasca area. Got up on Tuesday morning to a security picture of a douche wearing mask and gloves coming in the front door of the cabin. Called the neighbour at 0600 as it's calving season and they went over to see all the activity. Couldn't get into sea can but shed and house were hit. Stole all my hunting clothing and some tools, a portable air conditioner and 4 guns including the safe that was hidden behind a wall. These were just my coyote guns so nothing of big value but. RCMP did come to the property and thought they might recognize the guy but nothing will happen. Won't do a claim as I'll save that for if one of these times they get nothing and decide to burn me out. Other neighbour had 2 -100 lb and a 250 gal propane tank stolen. These guys are pro. Second time. Very depressing and feel helpless.
Old 04-20-2024, 07:19 AM

And if they do catch them, they will get a slap on the wrist from a liberal judge. The only way to stop it, is castle law, and real punishment for criminals.
Old 04-20-2024, 07:41 AM

that sucks but tis the season, weather is getting nice and they have to feed their habit, rinse and repeat

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 04-20-2024, 07:54 AM

That sucks it’s bad all over. The facility I work has workers 24 hours a day it’s a large place but has been broken into i think 4 times in a years span. One time the camera got a good picture of the guy and i believe he was caught and charge but was right back at it again. Security is beefed up big time now with cameras gates ect.
If thief’s don’t get charged way harsher this will never stops.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:24 AM

Default I'm sorry for you loss but I have a question.

Given that the Federal government sets the penalties for various crimes/convictions, and it seems that there is wide spread support for longer sentences, why don't they just change the legislation?

Is there not wide spread support for longer sentences? There used to be about 25% of the MPs were lawyers, so if they thought that it would do any good it should be an easy bill to get passed.

These complaints have been going on for many years, it could be changed very easily, what am I missing?

Oh do longer sentences work? And do prisoners become rehabilitated? Thx.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And if they do catch them, they will get a slap on the wrist from a liberal judge. The only way to stop it, is castle law, and real punishment for criminals.
Buddy of mine had his cabin broken into up by Boyle. At 2:30AM his phone beeps. His security cameras sends him a message video shows 3 guys at his gate with AR 15’s hanging from their necks. They have a grinder and are cutting the lock off. He calls the RCMP the RCMP get there and go in lights and sirens. My friend has a long windy driveway. The perps are still there and when they hear the advancing cops they start speeding out. Past the rcmp and a chase is on. They do not catch them. Investigators find a finger print on a jar of pickles. They match a known bad guy. 18 months later they’re in court. Lawyer gets the guy off as the perp could have touched the jar in a store. Case dismissed by the judge. The 2 other guys have never been caught.

BW
Old 04-20-2024, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Given that the Federal government sets the penalties for various crimes/convictions, and it seems that there is wide spread support for longer sentences, why don't they just change the legislation?

Is there not wide spread support for longer sentences? There used to be about 25% of the MPs were lawyers, so if they thought that it would do any good it should be an easy bill to get passed.

These complaints have been going on for many years, it could be changed very easily, what am I missing?

Most don't care if they become rehabilitated. Very few do become truly rehabilitated, most are just jumping through the hoops to get out. Longer sentences would keep them off the street , but in reality sentences if they get one at all are getting shorter and they are doing far more crimes these days before they get jail time. Can't give longer sentences when the jails are already full. There is no place to put them. We need to double or triple the number of jails to accomodate all the criminals that are on the street who should already be in jail but have been released or never jailed in the first place. For everyone they put in jail they have to release one to make room.

Our legal system is an absolute failure.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:05 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

That really is too bad, give the RCMP a detailed list of stolen items and hopefully if they catch these outstanding misunderstood citizens you may get some of your items back.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-20-2024, 09:15 AM

But if it's made (the cell) for 2 people, put 10 in there and see what happens!!! They should have no rights at all! I guess SSS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Most don't care if they become rehabilitated. Very few do become truly rehabilitated, most are just jumping through the hoops to get out. Longer sentences would keep them off the street , but in reality sentences if they get one at all are getting shorter and they are doing far more crimes these days before they get jail time. Can't give longer sentences when the jails are already full. There is no place to put them. We need to double or triple the number of jails to accomodate all the criminals that are on the street who should already be in jail but have been released or never jailed in the first place. For everyone they put in jail they have to release one to make room.

Our legal system is an absolute failure.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:34 AM

Safe hidden behind a wall? Was it easily found, or was them finding it because someone doing the stealing had prior knowledge that it was there? There are a lot of shady people out there, or sometimes it's friends of your kids.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:50 AM

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
That really is too bad, give the RCMP a detailed list of stolen items and hopefully if they catch these outstanding misunderstood citizens you may get some of your items back.
The cops don’t care what items got stolen and they sure are not going to spend the energy returning it.
All they say is ( That is what insurance is for).
Our system is useless.
Old 04-20-2024, 10:05 AM

Sorry for your loss.
Nothing more frustrating than the feeling of being violated and knowing that there's no justice coming.
Old 04-20-2024, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
The cops don’t care what items got stolen and they sure are not going to spend the energy returning it.
All they say is ( That is what insurance is for).
Our system is useless.
Had a rifle stolen 13 months ago, recovered same day. Still waiting to get it back.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esher View Post
Had a rifle stolen 13 months ago, recovered same day. Still waiting to get it back.
The stupidity of our broken legal system.
Old 04-20-2024, 01:55 PM

Quote:

Doesn't matter how long the sentence is... They have to be convicted of the crimes first, not given plea deals on lesser crimes.

Old 04-20-2024, 02:03 PM

Quote:

Phone and ask someone
Old 04-20-2024, 02:27 PM

Quote:

Because prisons are full.
Sending more people to prison and adding longer sentences would require building more prisons.
Too bad people didn’t have a say where tax dollars are spent. I’m sure most people would have no problem with less tax dollars going towards statues, colorful crosswalks, dual lane bicycle lanes that rarely get used and use it to build prisons.
My people would anyway……
Old 04-20-2024, 04:33 PM

1st sentence put them in a labour camp anywhere, second sentencing off to the fertilizer plant. Win win

Time for the pendulum to swing!
Old 04-20-2024, 06:47 PM

Thieves and drug dealers are preferred clientele by the courts and always get out of jail cards free to do as they please slinking around in the dark time and time again. Very frustrated to see Peaceful Convoy Protesters and Pastors remain jailed/in court while real criminals are allowed to continuously victimize and endanger the ordinary public.
Old 04-20-2024, 07:31 PM

Quote:
^This
Old 04-20-2024, 08:14 PM

Default There are little to no consequences anymore.

Quote:
Every farmer should have an excavator and a pre dug hole big enough for an F350.
Old 04-21-2024, 08:28 AM

I'm a big fan of S.S.S.

k