Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-26-2017, 02:12 PM

Default Soffit Question

Hello everyone.
I am installing safety cameras and the power cable will easily slide in where the soffit meets the wall. I have aluminum soffits so my concern is the power cord will be next to the aluminum. How far in does the soffit go at the wall? I only need to tuck in the camera power cord about 2” and it will be totally hidden until it gets to the power source. Is this safe? Or should I just attaché the power to the wall but now it is exposed for everyone to see.

I hope this garble makes sense?

Thanks Dodger
Old 11-26-2017, 03:04 PM

Not really sure I understand but your soffit only goes to the outside of your house - it doesn't penetrate the outside of the wall. There's a piece of trim that's nailed to the outside of the house and the soffit slips into that trim. I suggest watching a quick 5 minute video on YouTube showing how soffits are installed and it'll make sense.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:23 PM

I just explored it some more and yes the soffit goes into a trim. There seems to be no sharp edges so I am comfortable to just snug in the power cable into the trim.

Thanks!

Dodger.