Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-25-2017, 06:36 AM

Default iMazing to transfer info between Iphones?

Just upgraded the phone and I want most everything (apps & contacts) moved over to the new phone. My wife is in the same boat. We run a Mac so iTunes backup and restore is an option, but it always seems to be a bit goofy with the two phones. Has anyone used iMazing? Or what is the best option? Thanks.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-25-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Just upgraded the phone and I want most everything (apps & contacts) moved over to the new phone. My wife is in the same boat. We run a Mac so iTunes backup and restore is an option, but it always seems to be a bit goofy with the two phones. Has anyone used iMazing? Or what is the best option? Thanks.
iCloud works just fine. Easy
Old 11-25-2017, 07:24 AM

Default phone

i wanted my stuff put into the new phone so i took it to the young lady that sold it to me , she held the 2 together punched a few keys said abra kdabra and it was done i didnt smash the phone or get a head ache
Old 11-25-2017, 07:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45/70/500 View Post
i wanted my stuff put into the new phone so i took it to the young lady that sold it to me , she held the 2 together punched a few keys said abra kdabra and it was done i didnt smash the phone or get a head ache
That's the way. LOL
Old 11-25-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45/70/500 View Post

That's using the "bump" option, believe it's in the settings and uses Bluetooth.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassett View Post
That's using the "bump" option, believe it's in the settings and uses Bluetooth.
Thanks. I'll be trying that.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post

I’ve had more success with iCloud backup than with iTunes backup for this recovery. Just need to make sure you have enough space to complete them (5GB goes pretty fast on the free / included space)

There are many instances where a file name, or some other minor thing with iTunes backup causes a generic message and failure to recover (and many frustrating hours trying to fix) usually resulting in buying a backup fix app for $25USD to repair it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2017, 08:14 AM

When you boot the new phone for the first time it will ask if you have the old one nearby. Then all you do is hold the camera over the blurry spot it makes and blamo done!! Very easy but need both phones upgraded to latest iOS