Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-21-2023, 09:24 AM

Default Reindeer/Lac La ronge camping

Hello,

I am planning a trip for the weekend/week of Sept 8 and would like to target Northern Sask. The problem is that all the campgrounds close on Labour day so there will be nothing open. Can any give me information on Crown Land camping int these 2 areas or know somewhere I can camp for 5 nights?
TY
Old 08-21-2023, 10:10 AM

There's quite a few campgrounds going all the way to wollaston. Can't remember if they close any of the gates. But if you want a campground I'd just go to Besnard that time of year. If you want to camp on crown land lots of options with the islands on lac LA range.
Old 08-21-2023, 11:38 AM

Thank you for your reply.

Sask parks told me all the provincial park campgrounds in that park are closed past labour day.

Can you recommend a place to leave my vehicle for camping on one of the islands?
Old 08-21-2023, 01:11 PM

Most of the campgrounds up that way are primitive. If there's no gate locked your free to use in the off season. I just can't remember if the ones around otter lake or devils lake have gates. We went further north and stayed at the geikie River which is free to use year round. You could leave a vehicle at the Nut bay boat launch but at your own risk obviously as two legged critters can be a problem in LA ronge, that being said people do leave vehicles there. I'd be much more inclined to Island camp on Besnard and there's better parking there or can pay to use the campground. The pike fishing is probably better there than lac LA ronge there IMO