Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
exactly...seen many young people that are extremely smart and old people that just don't get it even though they have been around many moons...same could be said the other way too....so I take it on a case on case basis when it comes to peoplekind.
Glad to see someone else on the same page. Age is irrelevant, you need to evaluate based on the details/facts presented as part of an opinion regardless of age.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millartech View Post
Glad to see someone else on the same page. Age is irrelevant, you need to evaluate based on the details/facts presented as part of an opinion regardless of age.

And who exactly voted in the guy with the nice hair and unicorn policies, not once but twice, certainly wasn't the older generation.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:27 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
And who exactly voted in the guy with the nice hair and unicorn policies, not once but twice, certainly wasn't the older generation.
ahhh maybe it was....just had a bad group of meatheads all on the same page not once but twice.....old and young....throw in a few Martians too.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-06-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn87 View Post
Oil demand is increasing over the next 30 years before plateauing out. Gasoline vehicles are the end of the line for Oil, not its bread and butter life line.
This is the view of economists. But if your only source of news is CBC or Facebook you would conclude that by next year all cars will be electric and no one will have any need for oil. Emerging countries will still be demanding oil for many years. We barely have sufficient power generation to meet present needs let alone a car charging station in every home, or converting our gas furnaces to electric, let alone paying the increased power costs. Unicorn dreams for the clueless.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
The older generation was most definitely part of it. They are equally responsible for it. If you actually believe what you're saying and not just tossing out an emotional response, the. I recommend you go see some of the other provinces in this country cause you would be proven wrong in a hurry.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
My idiot mother in-law voted for the clown
Old 03-06-2020, 09:12 PM

Even with dropping support, polls still show a 30%ish base support for our drama teacher. Just who are these people?
Old 03-06-2020, 09:21 PM

Quote:

Not 100% but yes they sure did. Haven't spent a bunch of time on Vancouver Island or in any of Canada's major cities I take it. Maritimes?

He's as strong with the old as he is with the young. In fact I'd bet the only place he didn't get the OLD vote would be in the rural areas. But he didn't get the young vote there either.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Even with dropping support, polls still show a 30%ish base support for our drama teacher. Just who are these people?

Everyone outside of Sask and Ab?
Old 03-06-2020, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is the view of economists. But if your only source of news is CBC or Facebook you would conclude that by next year all cars will be electric and no one will have any need for oil. Emerging countries will still be demanding oil for many years. We barely have sufficient power generation to meet present needs let alone a car charging station in every home, or converting our gas furnaces to electric, let alone paying the increased power costs. Unicorn dreams for the clueless.
Could cost over 100 billion to upgrade our grid to be able to handle a large influx of Electric cars and other things. People don’t seem to understand that. If half of one neighbourhood all bought electric vehicles, could very well collapse the infrastructure in that area. Our grid is just not designed for it. The transformers in neighbourhoods, even new neighbourhoods, are not meant to be back fed either, so solar is not a viable solution. A few houses yes, but a mass influx would blow them and create another infrastructure crash.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I'm guessing stupid people, old people who are retired, and angry, young people who are kinda surprised they actually have to work to make money.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:58 PM

Default Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
You should go back to school. A proper sentence and proper punctuation would make your opinion worth reading, maybe...

12 year olds can pound out a more interesting post worth reading than your grade three nonsense.
accepting this type of ridicule on this forum is disappointing and questioning someone’s education based on a post is quite weak seems like the kind if thing that would get someone banned i mean the guys name is crazy davey isnt that worth something...
Old 03-07-2020, 02:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
accepting this type of ridicule on this forum is disappointing and questioning someone’s education based on a post is quite weak seems like the kind if thing that would get someone banned i mean the guys name is crazy davey isnt that worth something...
Give it a rest.

How can you take someone seriously when they can’t type out a post better than a kid in grade three can?

This thread is interesting. But when a member posting can barely spell their own name or post a sentence with proper punctuation it’s pretty hard to take them seriously.

Ban me for being honest
Old 03-07-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn87 View Post
Could cost over 100 billion to upgrade our grid to be able to handle a large influx of Electric cars and other things. People don’t seem to understand that. If half of one neighbourhood all bought electric vehicles, could very well collapse the infrastructure in that area. Our grid is just not designed for it. The transformers in neighbourhoods, even new neighbourhoods, are not meant to be back fed either, so solar is not a viable solution. A few houses yes, but a mass influx would blow them and create another infrastructure crash.

If electric cars and conservation come on strong they will hit some initial infrastructure limits but all they need to do to really screw Alberta is to lower demand enough that a surplus of oil is created. At that point we have to start hoping the global depletion rate is fast enough to eliminate the surplus.

Moreover Alberta survives party through a sort of ponzie scheme of attracting foreign investment dollars. That will likely stop. Royalties from our deletion will continue to roll in on oil sands production but royalties on old conventional oil may be end as soon it will essentially be fully depleted. (Pools leave upwards of 50% in the ground but enhanced recovery may never save the day.) We are then in a sort of run-off mode (run-off is insurance talk) on our oil sands. No new plants as the low cost incremental growth ability of shale may forever temporarily jump to meet any sudden spikes on the downtrend of domestic and global demand. The only hope at gag point for new plant is if there is enough guaranteed demand at a price that investors feel they can displace other higher cost oil production. Guaranteed is the key word. In the past global demand growth forecasts have meant that putting up a few hundred billion could be justified. Now with incremental shale, my guess is that investors will need a whole lot more certainty than in the past.

As a friend says: Detroit north

We may not upgrade our infrastructure (declining economy, declining population etc) but other jurisdictions importing oil and thus exporting their wealth will certainly see a positive cost-benefit to upgrading. For other countries going solar, wind etc may permanently stop a net drain. If you hit the ceiling on exports the next best thing is cutting costs such as on oil imports.

Last edited by KinAlberta; 03-07-2020 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Give it a rest.

How can you take someone seriously when they can’t type out a post better than a kid in grade three can?

This thread is interesting. But when a member posting can barely spell their own name or post a sentence with proper punctuation it’s pretty hard to take them seriously.

Ban me for being honest
ok , first of all , i caught up to my dad in grade FOUR and then we both quit so your grade three comment is completely inaccurate .

secondly , i was writing a comment in a public outdoorsman forum , not a thesis for a university degree . so yes, i get lazy with punctuation .

now if my punctuation or lack there of offends you , you can either roll your eyes when you see my name and scroll on or , you can try to publicly attack and shame me on the same forum from the safety of you computer or i phone or whatever . one of these is called the high road , the other , not so much .

finally , my original comment was to the suggestion that the world is weening itself off of oil and gas . i strongly suggest that anyone who believes this watches this video . it is not pro oil nor is it anti oil . it is full of facts about oil , gas , canada , and the world .it is very interesting .

Originally Posted by josey View Post
Must watch video. Great talk by Chris Slubicki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ZWaWJZgV4

have a great day !!!
Old 03-08-2020, 08:16 AM

Covid-19 is looking to be Kenney’s Ft McMurray Fire. Notley’s budget got blown out of the water by it.

And now if Saudi Arabia is going full-free-market-competition on us, it looks like we may see a replay of the crashing oil prices the NDP faces a few years ago.

The more things change the more they remain the same.

2017:
Quote:

Alberta Budget 2017: NDP predicts big budget deficit but promises better days ahead | Globalnews.ca

The government believes oil will sell for $68 per barrel in 2019-2020. That’s up from $55 projections for this year.

“Let’s be clear, when we look at the projected revenue numbers that this government has brought forward, they simply are not realistic,” Wildrose Leader Brian Jean said. “Some of the increases in our commodity prices that they expect to have over the next three to four years are, in my opinion, just hopeful thinking.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/3315637/al...er-days-ahead/

2020:
Quote:

Oil price plunge puts Alberta budget into question | CTV News

“ Alberta’s 2020 budget, released just last week, anticipated $58/BBL ”

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/oil-price...tion-1.4842424

Last edited by KinAlberta; 03-08-2020 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:30 AM

Default Warning

Cut the insults.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:40 AM

The budget revenue forecast already seems dead in the water.

With the cutbacks I expect that the government has successfully driven fear into the populous.

When the NDP came into power I agreed with their actions to prevent a crash. They created an economic soft landing. Too bad though that the NDP didn’t have the guts in their last two years to force down wages, maybe raise taxes and start the process of reining in spending and rebalancing the economy. Now the UCP faces the same thing the NDP faced when it took power. Pursue a soft landing like the NDP did or just let everything potentially crash (House prices, companies, etc), maybe even pursue more austerity measures and then just wait to pick up the pieces.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:40 AM

Glad to see Kenney on tv this morning highlighting the trade value of oil exports and comparing it to auto parts etc.

Next: Canadians need to see graphs, charts and and tables on our trade!

Canadians need to understand that Canada is in many ways no different than a business. As a country we have costs and sales/revenues. Exports, export revenues need to be shown as net of imports/costs. This is what pays for our standard of living across Canada. Especially so because we import so much in the way of manufactured goods vs the base commodities we export.

Kenney should be showing all Canadians how the NET merchandise trade numbers reveal the hard truth about our energy exports.

Last edited by KinAlberta; 03-11-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:52 AM

Bump
Old 01-18-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Thumper, living in the valley you must realize that Banff and Canmore are a bastion of liberals. Thank God for the ranchlands that keep the libs at bay. Every week the editor of the local paper has a anti UCP editorial but nothing ever written about king blackface and the little displaced voters from ontario and quebecastan eat it up and vote accordingly. Seems to be a lot of sour grapes that nutley lost the race.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'm guessing stupid people, old people who are retired, and angry, young people who are kinda surprised they actually have to work to make money.
Just a retired guy's opinion who didn't vote for little king blackface, you left out all the new Canadians.