Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 03-19-2015, 04:11 PM

I have a 3wt, 4/5wt, 6wt, 6/7 and an 8wt.

I don't get anything past her. But every time she gets a speeding ticket or loses a phone, I get something new.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vital shok View Post
How the hell am going to hide my drift boat next year?does any body know david copper feild lol just kidding she knows.The deal is quit smoking then I will get my last big purchase.To big to hide anyway.
You can hide it at my house, im a great rower, and will let you know when to set the hook.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:39 AM

Involve your significant other and you'll never have to justify spending a cent.

Between the two of us we currently have around 8 or 9 rods, various 4wt up to 9wt.
8 or 9 reels, two belly boats, 2 pontoon boats and a 12' tinner.

Most of our stuff with the exception of the pontoon boats is low to mid level so no rods or reels over two hundred dollars. All of our gear gets used often and at this point does not need to be replaced but I'm always on the lookout for a deal on a rod or reel.
If I do purchase anything used it will be time to clear out something, hand it down to my nephew or a flyfishing friend.

We have enough!

Well.........I'd really like a 12' jon boat but it will wait for now.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:42 PM

I am a hopeless gearhead particularly when it comes to goose hunting and fly fishing,,, I tell my wife that I could be spending the money on Harley Davidsons or "little red sports cars" like a lot other old geezers my age do!!!!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:39 AM

I have a 3wt 9ft Sage I like to use on small fish like perch and bass and etc that are 8-12", it has an old SA click reel on it.
I have a 5wt 7ft6 Fly Logic that I use on streams or lakes, it is pretty much indestructable. I have a TFO Lefty Kreh special 9ft 5wt, a Pieroway 10ft 5wt, an Orvis Clearwater 9ft 5 wt, they wear any of 4 Ross reels I have for my 5wts, two std arbor, two wide arbor.
Have a Penn 6wt 9ft, had it for about 25yrs now, a Fly Logic 9ft 5/6wt, they don't get used much at all, the Penn was the first "decent" rod I bought for myself, the FL was a spare for emergencies.
Have an Orvis Clearwater 7wt that uses a Ross wide arbor and a Sage wide arbor, it gets used for rivers with shooting heads and deep stillwaters and fast troll leeching stillwaters.
Have a TFO Lefty Kreh 4pc 9ft 9wt & a TFO 9ft 4pc 10wt that use SA reels for salmon fishing on salt water, with shooting heads.
And there is a rod that is a piece of a broken Orvis 7wt, and part of a broken Sage, and part of some other rod, that all happened to fit together into a 4pc 9ish ft rod, we don't quite know what weight, but it casts a 7wt line nicely.
Also have a selection of SA click reels and spools, spare spools for all the Ross reels and the Sage, and the big SA's, lines up the yingyang for all of them. 2pc, 3 pc and 4pc travel cases, fly boxes galore, fly tying supplies to last a lifetime, home use vices and travel vices, travel boxes full of tying supplies. 3 or 4 vests, 3 or 4 wader sets, a float tube, a pontoon and a 14ft boat w/15hp motor and trolling motor, lots of rod holders, anchors, ropes, life vests, oars. flippers and things I don't remember I acquired.

And I have next to nothing compared to other maniacs around here.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
I have a 3wt 9ft Sage I like to use on small fish like perch and bass and etc that are 8-12", it has an old SA click reel on it.
I have a 5wt 7ft6 Fly Logic that I use on streams or lakes, it is pretty much indestructable. I have a TFO Lefty Kreh special 9ft 5wt, a Pieroway 10ft 5wt, an Orvis Clearwater 9ft 5 wt, they wear any of 4 Ross reels I have for my 5wts, two std arbor, two wide arbor.
Have a Penn 6wt 9ft, had it for about 25yrs now, a Fly Logic 9ft 5/6wt, they don't get used much at all, the Penn was the first "decent" rod I bought for myself, the FL was a spare for emergencies.
Have an Orvis Clearwater 7wt that uses a Ross wide arbor and a Sage wide arbor, it gets used for rivers with shooting heads and deep stillwaters and fast troll leeching stillwaters.
Have a TFO Lefty Kreh 4pc 9ft 9wt & a TFO 9ft 4pc 10wt that use SA reels for salmon fishing on salt water, with shooting heads.
And there is a rod that is a piece of a broken Orvis 7wt, and part of a broken Sage, and part of some other rod, that all happened to fit together into a 4pc 9ish ft rod, we don't quite know what weight, but it casts a 7wt line nicely.
Also have a selection of SA click reels and spools, spare spools for all the Ross reels and the Sage, and the big SA's, lines up the yingyang for all of them. 2pc, 3 pc and 4pc travel cases, fly boxes galore, fly tying supplies to last a lifetime, home use vices and travel vices, travel boxes full of tying supplies. 3 or 4 vests, 3 or 4 wader sets, a float tube, a pontoon and a 14ft boat w/15hp motor and trolling motor, lots of rod holders, anchors, ropes, life vests, oars. flippers and things I don't remember I acquired.

And I have next to nothing compared to other maniacs around here.
Wow! Now say it all backwards!!