Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2022, 09:03 PM

Cool Hey there Neighbour - Introduction

I'm a new member of the Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum and would like to express my thanks for the opportunity to participate with its other members.
I'm 71 years old Alberta cowboy and have been quite active in the outdoors for 62 years. We lived near a river till I was 19 and grew bored with the fishing as we spent all our time fishing for Steelheads, Browns, etc. We got to know each place to set our flies etc...
I've been a hunter of big game and birds across the prairies and into the Mountains, and have enjoyed hunting most in the Rockies. I've also done a fair amount of backpacking, canoeing, horseback riding, and camping. Hope to continue hunting with my army veteran son, loving the best country in the World, notwithstanding our present leadership or lack thereof, learning and helping others every day until I'm 92, cheers
Old 11-14-2022, 06:18 AM

Default New Member

Hey everyone,

I am Remi Lambert, I'm married, 23 yrs old. I grew up in Airdrie/Calgary. Growing up I spent the majority of my summers flyfishing with my dad on the Carbondale, Livingstone and Oldman rivers. I love everything outdoors, from casual hiking all the way through to bushcraft and survival skills. I was raised around firearms, handle them well and safely, and did target shoot quite a bit. This year i decided i was tired of shooting paper and got into hunting.The reason why i am now joining this group is to listen and learn from the more expereinced hunters out there. There are no big game hunters in my family so finding sources of wisdom and information i can trust have been challenging for me so far. Looking forward to being a part of this group!

My hunting trips so far have just resulted in taking my rifle for long walks in the forest... looking to change that
Old 11-14-2022, 06:22 AM

Welcome aboard Remi. Lots of good information to be had here. TC

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-05-2023, 10:59 AM

Has anyone received their new member activation email? I signed up about six months ago and never got one, can't post threads and it doesn't seem like I can send a message to admin... not sure what to do about it lol
Old 01-16-2023, 09:51 AM

Default Hi

Hello from Hinton. When I'm not working I spend a lot of time in the woods. My buddy told me this is a great resource for everything "outdoors" so i figured I'd join.

Nice to meet you.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:07 PM

Default Hey there!

Hey! My name is Courtney and I am a longtime "lurker" of this website. It's proven to be a wealth of knowledge about a whole range of topics, including my personal favourite - a thread about saddle makers in Alberta. I come from a long history of hunters and although I don't hunt personally, I truly appreciate the skill it takes.

The reason I joined today - I'm a website designer and social media marketer and I came across a handful of threads about a client I'm working with. I'm not here to sell anything, but I wanted to make sure I was able to comment as required, or ask for clarification in order to do my job most effectively for my client. The input from this community is invaluable and reading the threads about this particular client of mine has been very insightful.
Old 02-28-2023, 01:44 PM

Default Good afternoon

I am from Edmonton, I love playing music (mostly metal but I love all genres), I am 28. Love to go camping and fishing and am looking forward to going hunting sometime soon. I am incredibly interested in what happened about 12800 years ago during the transition from the Pleistocene to Holocene, if anyone has any resources or cool places to go see regarding this let me know.

Cheers
Old 04-07-2023, 01:23 PM

Default New to Alberta

Hey, my girlfriend and I recently moved to Alberta (Medicine Hat).
We're trying to get into hunting this year.

My girlfriend has a passion for taxidermy and just finish a taxidermy course.
Anyone happen to know where we could get mammals for her to practice (small mammals, coyotes, deer, etc..).

Any advice to get use started hunting or doing taxidermy would be much appreciated!

Seems like there's alot to learn from with site.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:03 PM

Default Hello

Hello all. Been lurking for a long time. Getting back into fishing so gonna try to be active.
Old 09-11-2023, 11:35 AM

Here to learn what I can and help where I can
Old 02-02-2024, 12:30 PM

Default new to forum

hey everyone! I'm lee.

just wanted to do a quick intro. I'm from edmonton, like to hunt grouse, just getting started into white tail last fall.

I'm also curious to try goose/duck hunting this year. if anyone has books or website suggestions that would help me become more acquainted with migratory bird hunting in alberta, it would be greatly appreciated. I know a couple guys that go and the pics they post make it look like so much fun! (I'm just unsure about asking to tag along to their spot)

have a great day!