Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2022, 10:15 AM

I should add - I've been waiting for my PAL application since December 6th. Despite several assurances that there are no notes on my file and a request for the Alberta CFO to contact me like a month ago, there's been no movement or communication at all.

I don't care if they want to do a deeper dive on me, that's fine, I appreciate thoroughness with our applications because this isn't something to take lightly. If there's some deficiency in my application though, I can't remedy it if nobody tells me what it is.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:26 AM

I just looked mine is due in march 2023 i should probably get on it.
Old 08-11-2022, 01:17 PM

As an update we got a message back that there is a backlog, her renewal is awaiting review by the CFO and a reminder that there is a 6 month grace period but she cannot access or use restricted during the grace period.
Old 08-15-2022, 09:53 AM

Default Payment not processed

Hi,
I sent in my online RPAL renewal on Friday. The system kicked me out just before processing my payment. I have a bad feeling that this is going to be a challenge to make my payment. CFP sent me a note on Sat. saying my renewal will be halted until a payment is made!
Does anyone have an extension they have used in the past to go directly to their accounting people?

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2022, 09:50 AM

This Tuesday, Dec 8th, 2022 will mark the full 7 months of wait time for my new PAL. On Nov. 8th I was told by the Alberta CFO that it was finally approved. This Tuesday will mark a full month of waiting and checking the mail everyday in hopes that it will arrive. I'm at my wits end. Is there anything a peasant like me can do to beg it out of them? I'm thinking they're just holding it up to see if all guns will be banned and they can tell me to go to Hell. I do intend to call every Tuesday until I receive it in the mail. Although I doubt they care quite frankly. Still, I'm going to bug them until I see it.
I watched as the summer gun sales passed me by. Then black Friday. Cyber Monday has come and gone and soon the Christmas sales too.
Any suggestions or condolences would be appreciated.
Old 12-03-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
As an update we got a message back that there is a backlog, her renewal is awaiting review by the CFO and a reminder that there is a 6 month grace period but she cannot access or use restricted during the grace period.
I was told that during the grace period, you can't use any firearms unless you are with a valid PAL holder.
Old 12-05-2022, 02:04 PM

Yeeeee haaaaaa. My PAL arrived today in the mail. 5 weeks after the CFO said it was ready. 7 months almost to the day for it to be processed and mailed to me. I'm stoked.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my whining and complaining.