Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-04-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
P&D is a good store. Prophet River is a much better one, and will give you better service should you ever need it. Plus, they are a site sponsor. Just sayin.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I too like Prophet River but they aren't real handy to pop down and test fit scopes and rings on a new gun unless you live close by. P&D have been around supporting shooters long before, their prices are very competitive and they have knowledgeable staff. With regards to who is or is not a site sponsor, AO ownership has pulled enough bone headed stunts the last while, including their long term refusal to upgrade to a secure platform, that sponsorship is no longer a big motivator for who I patronise. Just sayin.
Old 10-01-2022, 05:34 PM

Well work got slammed like it always does this time of the year and I had to put the new scope on hold. This afternoon I stopped in at P & D. Thanks to all who recommended them. I left some $$$ and I have a new scope for dads rifle. Nice guy Gabriel answered my questions and the gent behind the counter who installed the scope while I waited was just as nice(if I could only remember his name lol). First time going there but won't be the last.

I was choosing between Leupold and Swarski. Went with the Zeiss Z3 as it seemed to have better light gathering for these older eyes. Plus it was a hair lighter. Both fit into dads original rings. So out with a 40 yr old Leupold and in with new.

Got their go to gunsmith guys name and in the spring it will get a once over and bluing. And then I will refinish the stock. Hope to fold a couple tags with it this year in his memory.

Thanks to all who posted an opinion here. It was appreciated.

jpg.gif D2.jpg (49.5 KB)
jpg.gif D4.jpg (45.6 KB)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D2.jpg (49.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg D4.jpg (45.6 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by Sooner; 10-01-2022 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Well work got slammed like it always does this time of the year and I had to put the new scope on hold. This afternoon I stopped in at P & D. Thanks to all who recommended them. I left some $$$ and I have a new scope for dads rifle. Nice guy Gabriel answered my questions and the gent behind the counter who installed the scope while I waited was just as nice(if I could only remember his name lol). First time going there but won't be the last.

I was choosing between Leupold and Swarski. Went with the Zeiss Z3 as it seemed to have better light gathering for these older eyes. Plus it was a hair lighter. Both fit into dads original rings. So out with a 40 yr old Leupold and in with new.

Got their go to gunsmith guys name and in the spring it will get a once over and bluing. And then I will refinish the stock. Hope to fold a couple tags with it this year in his memory.

Thanks to all who posted an opinion here. It was appreciated.

jpg.gif D2.jpg (49.5 KB)
jpg.gif D4.jpg (45.6 KB)
That is not a Zeiss scope, it's a Swarovski Z3. I actually just mounted one on a friends new rifle, it is my favorite scope for the price.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That is not a Zeiss scope, it's a Swarovski Z3. I actually just mounted one on a friends new rifle, it is my favorite scope for the price.
My goof, Swarovski Z3 is correct. Thanks for the catch Elk.