Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 05-21-2022, 09:05 AM
AO Sponsor

Default FHA Offering

Old 05-22-2022, 10:40 AM

Large batch of coyotes to be sold. We need Canada Goose to start sewing good high priced parkas with fresh fur.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:44 AM

are these numbers in line with the previous years?
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 05-23-2022, 10:20 AM

Looks like marten, fisher, lynx are little lower than most second spring sales. Guys probably cutting trapping back or holding fur over to better prices. I would think with $2.00/liter gas/diesel and half price for most fur many trappers will limit their trapping season.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:59 PM
AO Sponsor

The past sale results are quite relevant to this sale's offering

https://www.furharvesters.com/result.../march22us.pdf

Most people are most interested in coyotes when they ask such a question. When NAFA was still in operation, it was not unheard of to have 120,000 coyotes total all sections in a single sale with virtually no leftovers from the previous sale. However, on this sale, there are significant numbers of leftovers from the previous sale, on he coyotes.

Some industry players believe that the values were too high for what the end users wanted to pay, however, many of our end users, the Chinese in particular, were not in a buying mood, regardless of fur type/species. The story of the country buyers this past fur season was "...no orders..." The country buying network generally sells to many of the same players that attend/participate in the fur auction(s).

So on the coyotes, the new floor/bottom has not yet been established. When we see a high percentage of goods sold, we will know what the new normal is for a coyote average.

There are still significant quantities of coyotes left over from the last sale. Take a wild educated guess and say that they sold about 12,000 of 45,000 skins of all sections, means 32,00 ish left over, meaning hypothetically 63,000 fresh coyotes in this sale, half of a healthy May NAFA sale when our markets were strong.

Im kinda hoping that FHA will still hold relatively strong values on the coyotes whist we wait for China to come out of their "THING" that their govt is doing, and result in another hold back or buy back sale on the coyotes, and maybe some real interest will return in the fall???
Old 05-23-2022, 03:00 PM

I have a bad feeling that fha is gonna have to make some tough decisions and clear out the coyotes and rats and establish a new price line. So basically if there is any interest at all I bet they are gone.
Old 07-19-2022, 08:39 PM

Checked my acct ,.sold 17 of 42 now...best was $70 ,6@ $62 .with an Ave of $42...could be worse.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2022, 11:37 AM

I just checked my account and some of my coyotes have moved as well. What sold for me were my 2 damaged and all of the C-D and Ds. None of my Cs sold; I'm hopeful that they will bring a higher price when they do sell. Also, only my #1 castoreum sold. The largest portion of my castoreum was #2 with a small amount of #3 and all of that is still unsold.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:01 AM
AO Sponsor

My average on coyotes was lower than Cam’s but I sold 2/3 of mine privately and in doing so probably over half of what I had in FHA was less desirable goods, tho the very top end was out of both.

Very difficult in finding anybody to sell private this year, even the fur buyers didn’t want goods.

I spoke to a high level source, very entrenched in the industry, yesterday who believes this is a false or short term low, and that W Can. coyotes could easily rebound and should. I agree with him, it is called supply and demand. It is tough out there right now tho, China’s “permanent covid lockdown/economic warfare” thingy causing catastrophic damage to the western world economy plus our big brand name fashion leaders out, so how can it rebound? I see an immediate short harvest coming this winter with China hopefully waking up, Russian currency going ballistic with Putin tying the Rouble to gold, and the fact that W Can coyote is always a very desirable trimming item, thus a shortage is just around the corner? Although it is likely that GFW’s customer in China still has a ton of goods? Perhaps they all Russia bound??? The rate that the Rouble shot up was undoubtedly alarming to western economic powers, did they anticipate? No idea but they most certainly seem to have reacted? To what end will the effect be, the west printing money at an alarming rate while the dark side’s currency gaining rapidly as backed by gold. What a backwards world we in.

I see a Chinese fur pipeline to Russia happening very quickly, Russia has become very sanction proof and has taken steps long ago to reduce it’s dependence upon the west, with fur being a very desired item and Russia getting the goods that it desires. No doubt very contrary to what is preached in mainstream media, but they no longer give accurate news and we are forced to find conservative news platforms if we want real news these days.

My whole Russia speculation is my speculation, haven’t heard such from anybody else and didn’t discuss with my fur expert yesterday. But their buying power had exceeded pre Crimea invasion power recently, a very noteworthy developement.

Meanwhile, people still love to wear their coyote trimmed parkas around the world. Just talk to folks that frequent the streets of New York, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, etc. The fashion folk trying to lead away from coyote but the people still love!

Meanwhile, many Chinese buyers fantasizing about buying coyotes for $3 no doubt!

My clearance at the sale was 50%. Do note tho there was supposed to be 90,000 coyotes at the last sale, another gross exaggeration as there were actually 80,000 coyotes, and of those 80,000 there was significant carryover from the previous sale. That is a far cry from a 120,000 coyote inventory of a single NAFA sale with no carryover when the market was hot.

Just tell me straight up please… NAFA is extinct, no real pressing need for the twisted truths! No need to confuse everybody with the Marten/Sable over-information and such. It would be much appreciated tho to see Section 1 and Section 3 averages?

Much to discuss with Marky at the Canadian Coyote Conference in September, Winter Harbour, don’t miss it!!!