Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Banned

Default Buying new truck. Amvic fees?/levy

So the dealer puts a line item for Amvic. Salesman did a lousy job of explaining it, so I look it up later.
Amvic website says the levy is 6.25$ per vehicle sold and can be charged to consumer as separate line item. Ok.
So why does my quote from the dealer have 26.25$ Amvic written on it? (2 deals, so not a tpyo!).
Are they trying to grab $20 under the name of Amvic?
( this is why car dealers p*** people off).
Never mind the $399 "safety and security" charge they have on the quote. Never did get the full story on that (no wont buy with it on the quote)
Any thoughts on these fees?
Appreciate advice
Newalbertan
Old 10-26-2012, 09:16 AM

Location: Just this side of no-where on the edge of common sense

Here is the latest scam we just ran into. Went to a reputable (yeah...I know) dealer to buy a low milage used car as we will not buy new anymore. Have dealt with them before so was not expecting this scam.

Car was entirely stripped of everything. Floor mats, antenea, owners manual, cargo area cover and mat, locking wheel nut release, roof rack, only one set of keys and fob ($346 to buy one new one) and the car came standard issue with three sets. I am quite surprised that the car actually had oil and gas in it at all. No wiper fluid of course.

Everything is available to be purchased at the dealer.

I must admit I simply was not expecting this from a quality dealership and so was blindsided. Lesson learned....and passed on to everyone else.

They say "There is no honour among thieves". Should read..."and car sales".
Regards,
Dave.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Banned

Default Don't laugh.

Dodge dealer specs out a deal... Additional 4.5l of fuel... Like. Keep the change... On 35k$. Lmao
Old 10-26-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAlbertan View Post
Dodge dealer specs out a deal... Additional 4.5l of fuel... Like. Keep the change... On 35k$. Lmao
It's on the sheet, but any reputable dealer gives you a full tank.

I just had a go round with Chrysler Canada this morning on a warrenty issue. The dealer is on my side but Chrysler are being dicks. I told them I wanted it resolved to my satisfaction or the vehicle will be on a FORD dealerships used lot this afternoon. They just referred me back to my dealership. They've been great but I'm ****ed at having to fight with Chrsler Canada on a warrenty issue.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:44 AM

The AMVIC fees are charged to the dealer for every car sold, its $6.25 per vehicle not $26.25, go see the boys up in Airdrie Dodge, they dont charge any fees whatsoever!!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinwahkly View Post
The AMVIC fees are charged to the dealer for every car sold, its $6.25 per vehicle not $26.25, go see the boys up in Airdrie Dodge, they dont charge any fees whatsoever!!
Don't kid yourself. They are charging you the fees they are just worked into the price of the vehicle.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinwahkly View Post
Delt with them a couple of times, they will bend you over a barrel without a reacharound....just cause there are "NO Fee's" you pay for them elsewhere..
Old 10-26-2012, 04:05 PM

I talk one price when I deal. Final price. When they pull out their fees I walk.